Rush to stay at Cardiff?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

moondance
Warrior Assassin

Re: Rush to stay at Cardiff?

Post by moondance »

cables, RPA standard contract :

http://www.therpa.co.uk/downloads/RPA-S ... L-2006.doc

It is a 20 page Word doc and I haven't had time to read it all yet.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Thanks Moondance. I have had a quick look and it would seem that the situation may not have been covered were the contract close to this standard one.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Solid Air
Initiate

Post by Solid Air »

Look on the bright side, the 2BC will have the chance to sing Engelbert Humperdink's greatest hit at the Blues game next year........

"Please release me, let me go.............................

Altogether now..
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Please release me, can't you see
You'd be a fool to cling to me
To live a lie would bring us pain
So release me and let me love again
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote:Thanks Moondance. I have had a quick look and it would seem that the situation may not have been covered were the contract close to this standard one.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Had a good read at it cables and it is more ways to get rid of a dodgy character rather than a player fecking off before or during a contract, it would not appear that the club is covered to prevent any player just failing to turn up some Monday morning and going elsewhere.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Red Hand Hero wrote:There was a myriad of factors that influenced Bowe's departure, money was not an over-riding reason but Ulster could not initially match what the O's were offering because the IRFU did not, at that stage, hold Bowe in high esteem.

Wilson left because it was the best thing for him and for Ulster, Diack was signed to replace him not to challenge him.

DL-Agree 100%. If Ulster roll over they'll be a laughing stock, complete and total.

Couldn't agree more. We look like the laughing stock of the ML, DL was right, if UR dug their heels in, he would have sucked it up and learned to love his new life in Belfast. I blame a large proportion of this kak on the Cardiff ># , they are the guilty party in all of this. All the same, I do wonder if our club is cursed...... first we don't get through HC by a whisker, then we don't get a spot in the Amlin because of three crazy results going against us. Cardiff go on to win the Amlin and with the winnings, try to tempt Rush and succeed. You couldn't make it up if you tried. Oh, and to top it all off, we get told by a Welsh guy who found out from another guy in a chipper in the sheep-shagging centre of the universe in the country where only 4 surnames exist. There's no honour in Cardiff when they ># around with players who have already pledged their allegiance elsewhere. They are the orifices of the nether regions of rugby.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Some of these posters :lol:

Jeeze lads get into the real world now
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Big-al wrote:Some of these posters :lol:

Jeeze lads get into the real world now
Do you not mean: Some of these so-called professional poxy rugby players? :lol:

Get in to the real world now
Hamsterdam
Novice

Post by Hamsterdam »

XR will clearly demonstrate that he is dishonourable if he backs out of the contract. His timing will also screw us over no end.
I don't want him and if shane logans "I have a dream" speech is anything to go by then I would suggest he is not the type of person we need or thought we were getting. We don't need short term mercenaries.
We've lost far far better players in the past.

Bar a stroke of genius from ulster rugby / dh next year will be another tough one.
But what better time to instill core values into a squad and club that has clearly lost its way over the past 10 years.
Maybe money should be spent on a recognised defence coach??
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/RUGBY ... 6316611.jp

Although there is a binding contract between Ulster and Rush, the Irish Province will not be challenging the matter as there is little point in having a player in the club who does not really want to be there.
Ulster, it is understood, will be compensated and given the amount involved in the deal, the Province could well put that to good use in their search for a top quality scrumhalf or utility back, which they are still actively seeking
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

bootlaced wrote:http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/RUGBY ... 6316611.jp

Although there is a binding contract between Ulster and Rush, the Irish Province will not be challenging the matter as there is little point in having a player in the club who does not really want to be there.
Ulster, it is understood, will be compensated and given the amount involved in the deal, the Province could well put that to good use in their search for a top quality scrumhalf or utility back, which they are still actively seeking
:roll: Thats the article that started this all of from page 12 of post, anyone read the newspaper version to see if there was any more detail ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Poor journalism from the NL
Lest any reader thinks that we will be compensated to the tune of £500m (the deal over 2 years) a simple comma was all thats needed.
Ulster, it is understood, will be compensated and, given the amount involved in the deal, the Province could well put that to good use in their search for a top quality scrumhalf or utility back, which they are still actively seeking
With Cardiff apparently not having a pot to pi$h in, it is unlikely that the actual compo will reach anywhere close to 6 figures. After all they will have to find the money to increase Mr Rush's salary/blood money - the treacherous bar steward. :red:

As a postscript, and with my glass a fair bit less than half full, one wonders if this journo's apparent status as Ulster Branch "unofficial" official spokesman, does his reference to the search for a top quality scrumhalf or utility back which they are still actively seeking is a covert denial of Gusher's revelation that the Pienaar business is a done deal? :red:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
Lest any reader thinks that we will be compensated to the tune of £500m (the deal over 2 years) a simple comma was all thats needed.
Jeepers he must be some player if his contract was worth that much!
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Harold7 wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:
Jeepers he must be some player if his contract was worth that much!
Our father who art in heaven Harold be thy name :lol: Simples H 250000 of Her Majesty's pound note coins over 2 years equals a staggering half mill :shock:

What a minute H - I think you are missing the point buddy. :?

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Post by Ulster throw in »

Red Hand Hero wrote:I shouldn't imagine there are provisions in any contract to cover such a 'change of heart' however there are normally stipulations regarding injury etc that said knowing UR I'd rule nothing out. Llanelli, last season or the season before, terminated Dan Braid's contract before he arrived as he had done his cruciate ligaments and would have been unavailable for 7 months of their season or some such.
RHH - What are you smoking? A 'change of heart' clause! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats a cracker and certainly would move argumentative debate from the 'force majeure' clause so prevelant in the media at present due to the Ash Cloud Crisis.....
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook