Ruan becomes an Ulsterman

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kf15
Novice

Re: Ruan becomes an Ulsterman

Post by kf15 »

could this turn rush's head across the irish sea?
tomodaman_2
Novice

Post by tomodaman_2 »

Where's WKOTW when you need him?!
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:the hand upon his shirt is red, pienaar, pienaar
i say "white bread" he says "woite bred" pienaar, pienaar,
he kicks the goals he scores the tries he loves the taste of ulster frys
he's ruan pienaar, ulster's number 9
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

Great news.

The big thing for me is that Pienaar can take the kicks at goal, that could and should make all the difference in the tight games next season.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A big help in our 10 problem as well with this signing as ihumph can now get on with running the game making breaks etc and not have to worry about kicking also with Pienaar at 9 he can take a lot of heat of as well and could well work the way Contopomi and Sexton worked together at Leinster. although that was a 10/12 combo.
Just hope they get the Sharks contract bit sorted to all's satisfaction ans we see him sooner rather than later in the season. :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

If I were in the Sharks' position I would probably be saying we'll give Pienaar an early release to join you if you give BJ Botha an early release to be back in South Africa with us for the next Super 15. That's just speculation, but it would probably make sense for all parties... if we don't get into the HC QFs that is.
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

notj wrote:If I were in the Sharks' position I would probably be saying we'll give Pienaar an early release to join you if you give BJ Botha an early release to be back in South Africa with us for the next Super 15. That's just speculation, but it would probably make sense for all parties... if we don't get into the HC QFs that is.
It's not the Sharks he'll be on international duty from now till september http://thefru.co.uk/blog/2010/05/24/its-pienaar-folks/
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

I see... hopefully he isn't completely knackered when he arrives then.
dropkick
Novice

Post by dropkick »

Excellent signing for Ulster! He's a class player who'll get the backline moving. I didn't think he would move out of SA in the season before the world cup but maybe he was assured of his place in the SA squad. His kicking isn't much better than iHumphs though.
maximus
Novice

Post by maximus »

tomodaman_2 wrote:Where's WKOTW when you need him?!
I work with the knight.
he's currently banned from the board, and has become hooked on twitter instead...
What we do in life, echoes in Eternity.
Shem
Novice

Post by Shem »

Pfft, He's not that good :lol: :lol: :stir: :stir: :stir:
Shem.

Come on Ulster!!!
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

maximus wrote:
tomodaman_2 wrote:Where's WKOTW when you need him?!
I work with the knight.
he's currently banned from the board, and has become hooked on twitter instead...
I thought he was hooked on something else....would have explained a lot :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

:bowdown: :cheers: In Humphreys we trust...
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

Report from the BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 709257.stm
Ulster have signed Springbok scrum-half Ruan Pienaar on a two-year contract.
Pienaar, who can also play at fly-half, made his debut for South Africa in the 2006 Tri-Nations and was a member of the successful 2007 World Cup squad.
The 26-year-old will join fellow Springboks Johann Muller and BJ Botha at Ravenhill next season.
Pienaar's arrival from Natal Sharks will fill the void left at number nine by the departure of Isaac Boss to Irish provincial rivals Leinster.
An Ulster rugby spokesperson said that negotiations for Pienaar's release were still ongoing with the Sharks.
Having made his Super 14 debut with the Sharks in 2005, Pienaar made his first international appearance against New Zealand in 2006.
He has won 36 caps, scoring 85 Test points to date.
"Bringing Ruan to Ulster is a massive statement of our ambition to be competing with the top teams in the Magners League and the ERC," said Ulster Rugby Operations Director David Humphreys.
"He is one of the most naturally gifted players in world rugby and having had huge international experience with the Springboks, we believe Ruan will help Ulster achieve success over the next couple of seasons."
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
UlsterManiac
Novice

Post by UlsterManiac »

notj wrote:I see... hopefully he isn't completely knackered when he arrives then.
Brilliant signing and all, but looking at his SA schedule Id be worried he's hardly gonna be playing any matches for us, and he'll have no pre-season with us either...
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

cracking signing, taking pressure off 3 key areas at one fell swoop (9, 15, goal-kicking), after being played by Peel and Blair, 3rd time lucky for Humph!

Now all we have to do is : (i) learn how to stop losing several important players each season; (ii) get a decent stadium; (iii) start running the place like a proper business, rather than a hobby for a self-absorbed clique of amateur insiders - and we'll be on our way to being a decent professional club with a shot at sustainable success!
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden