Website - New Season

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Hot in the Tropics
Novice

Website - New Season

Post by Hot in the Tropics »

Small request please - could the Administrator kindly update pictures on our Homepage please. Whilst Tommy B is an outstanding young gentleman, he no longer plays for Ulster. It is fine that we acknowledged his successes of last season; however hopefully this season we are not as short on choices to acknowledge success of our own players or that of the team. Many thanks,
Keep it real; not inflamatory
rave on
Novice

Re: Website - New Season

Post by rave on »

seconded :thumleft:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Hot in the Tropics wrote:Small request please - could the Administrator kindly update pictures on our Homepage please.
"our" homepage?

Whilst I appreciate the reasons, surely we are just guests on this website, and it is not actually "ours"?

Would you visit someone else's home and ask them to repaint their front door just because YOU think they should?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

No doubt it will get updated when something actually happens but at present if anyone fancies writing an article for it then by all means go ahead and send it in.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

yup, it's a rolling carousel that gets updated with each editorial or article. All contributions welcome. then Tommy will be relegated to the back and out eventually...
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Hot in the Tropics
Novice

"our" homepage?

Whilst I appreciate the reasons, surely we are just guests on this website, and it is not actually "ours"?

Would you visit someone else's home and ask them to repaint their front door just because YOU think they should?

Good Capt Grump - one of my pet dislikes in life is hearing people talk about "my team" and "my this" and "my that", so getting railed by you for the use of "our" did make me chuckle .... But then, is it not our site, since we are registered users and we use it to chat and exchange views etc....

But as you acknowledge, my point being made is elsewhere .... Maybe Mueller will be next to be "plastered" all over the site - he has been here now, what a couple of weeks now ......
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I think its good that folk think of it as 'our' site. Its what it's all about really. If anyone has photos they feel will look good on the site feel free to send them in. I may get round to a proper gallery again one of these days :paperbag:
BTW, just to echo my congrats on UR's makeover! :salut:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

fermain wrote:If anyone has photos they feel will look good on the site
I seriously doubt the wisdom of this invitation :D
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

># ># ># you, you ungrateful ># ># >#

several guys bust their balls to keep this site going.
forgoing sleep and sanity, they battle against hackers, wind-up-merchants (such as pwrmoore), and bandwidth restrictions to keep this site up and running.

and u come and give them a hard time.

you're a joke, and you're a disgrace.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Hot in the Tropics
Novice

White Knight - who are you having a pop at? I hope not me, cause ....well if so, your appreciation of mother tongue is a wee bit off my son (ooops, said i hated that use of "my").
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

this is the sort of treatment that should be reserved for folk like you.
watch it and beagle, and realise the error of your ways.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORCj5pZHgJY
UlsterManiac
Novice

Post by UlsterManiac »

The Website is excellent- if photos are to be updated then Im sure it will happen in due course, nothing to get stressed about...Well done Webmasters and heres to a good long season and discussion and debate...

For a bit of fun I think we should get a competition going- how many instances of contributors saying "its a disgrace" "xxx is a disgrace" "they are a disgrace" etc will appear during the season....maybe we could have a separate thread devoted to a Disgrace Quote Counter?????

We could then have a UAFC Angry Fan of the Season Award at the end??!!
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

UlsterManiac wrote:The Website is excellent
steady on a bit.
as a positive, it is all we've got...
Hot in the Tropics
Novice

Amazing how so many people (myself included on occasions) go so far off topic ...so quickly .... Ah well, a new seaon is almost upon us. hopefully we will have something to dicuss ...and some pictures more relevant of the current Ulster players to look at.

Oh - to the guys and gals that perform the website administration and hosting etc, all free of charge and cause they want to - Thank You very much for your time and effort. You do an admirable job and one which I truly appreciate! And I feel confident everyone else shares the same sentiment.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Hear!! Hear!!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!