Medical Officer

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

cables
Lord Chancellor

Medical Officer

Post by cables »

The Ulster Branch of the Irish Rugby Football Union are seeking to appoint a Medical Officer to manage and coordinate the medical services of Ulster Rugby.
Dr. D. Irwin is currently described as Medical Co-ordinator on the UR website.

Has the Doc moved on?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
earl the beaver
Novice

Re: Medical Officer

Post by earl the beaver »

Davy is a full time GP, maybe UR want a fulltime medical officer?
King Ding
Squire

Post by King Ding »

could this be one of those cases were legally they have to advertise the job, even tho someone is basically guaranteed it, should he want it of course
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

All being equal it is hard to see Dr D not wanting it, he is such an enthusiast. Unless of course someone has pi$h him off badly. :red:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
tomodaman_2
Novice

Post by tomodaman_2 »

backawaygoonahead wrote:All being equal it is hard to see Dr D not wanting it, he is such an enthusiast. Unless of course someone has pi$h him off badly. :red:
Certainly is! In the Celtic Cup Winners poster he's in the team photo with the lads! No other coaching/medical staff are! :lol:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

cables wrote:
The Ulster Branch of the Irish Rugby Football Union are seeking to appoint a Medical Officer to manage and coordinate the medical services of Ulster Rugby.
Dr. D. Irwin is currently described as Medical Co-ordinator on the UR website.

Has the Doc moved on?
Maybe you read too much into the word/title Co-ordinator. Michael Webb has been doing most of the on-field treatment this season - maybe it's him that is moving on ....... or whose position or role is changing.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Hot in the Tropics
Novice

Post by Hot in the Tropics »

What was outcome on this appointment? Is Dr Dave still in the fold or has he moved on??
Keep it real; not inflamatory
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I have not seen anything further.

It would seem that neither Irwin or Webb were (on duty) at Ravenhill on Friday night as there was a stand-in - from out of the stand. Rather like a flashback to the days of Dr. W. Wilson. :lol:
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

It is my understanding that Dr Michael Webb is now the Medical Director and he was indeed on duty (and looked after all of the on field injuries last Friday). Happily, Dr David Irwin will also continue to be involved with match doctor cover. I was the "second-on" doctor, of which there is always at least one in the stand, ready to assist with injured players. In addition there is always a fully equipped paramedic ambulance with two crew to help with the more serious injuries. In addition, there is also a doctor available for anyone in the crowd who becomes ill or is injured. I hope you will agree that this represents a high level of medical cover. Cheers,

Rocky.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rocky wrote:It is my understanding that Dr Michael Webb is now the Medical Director and he was indeed on duty (and looked after all of the on field injuries last Friday). Happily, Dr David Irwin will also continue to be involved with match doctor cover. I was the "second-on" doctor, of which there is always at least one in the stand, ready to assist with injured players. In addition there is always a fully equipped paramedic ambulance with two crew to help with the more serious injuries. In addition, there is also a doctor available for anyone in the crowd who becomes ill or is injured. I hope you will agree that this represents a high level of medical cover. Cheers,

Rocky.
Now there is someone whose opinion I will always take as "fact" :thumright:

I would suggest that it represents not only a high level of cover, but also a high standard of cover.

Cheers Rocky :salut:

PS
Where do you stand on the issue of belts and braces as medical devices?
:stir:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rocky wrote:It is my understanding that Dr Michael Webb is now the Medical Director and he was indeed on duty (and looked after all of the on field injuries last Friday). Happily, Dr David Irwin will also continue to be involved with match doctor cover. I was the "second-on" doctor, of which there is always at least one in the stand, ready to assist with injured players. In addition there is always a fully equipped paramedic ambulance with two crew to help with the more serious injuries. In addition, there is also a doctor available for anyone in the crowd who becomes ill or is injured. I hope you will agree that this represents a high level of medical cover. Cheers,

Rocky.
Cheers Rocky, you saved me a trip to the opticians as I thought Dr Webb was on the pitch on Friday :thumleft:
Can't see any of those involved taking unnecessary risks
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Cheers Rocky
I have subsequently found a staff list - right at the back of the Bath Match programme.

Chief Medical Officer: Michael Webb
Team Doctor: David Irwin
Hot in the Tropics
Novice

Post by Hot in the Tropics »

Thanks indeed Rocky. I wasn't implying there was any shortage of medical cover. I was more curious if Dr Dave had moved on, or up, or even perhaps either sideways or even out .....
Keep it real; not inflamatory