What did...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Re: What did...

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Royster wrote:No Ardglass,I don't own a burger van. I am just stating the case as I see it. To me the burgers at Ravenhill are better than most I have had at all other Irish and Scottish grounds. I never experienced the rolls in the Scoop which you mentioned but I did buy a pass for the Scoop last year and it is a dump. To say it is minimilist for supporters is no exaggeration and I reckon that for the amount of drink that I supped in it, taking into account the cost of the pass, it was costing me something like £7 a pint.
Hats off to you Royster :salut: , I'm not a burger fan personally but any man who finds this rare mixture of scragg end, brains gound up bones, a liberal helping of greasy fat with some E numbers thanks to the flavouring additives, a good dose of salt and god knows what else, deserves the finest available.

Sure you may have a short life but thanks to the first rate burger vans of Ulster you will go with a contented smile on you fisser :wink:

Have to say that I was less impressed with your tale of the corporate junket and the guy who was really taking the pish by ordering sirloin steak. I'm struggling to understand how anyone who can walk talk and presumeably wipe his own Brennan can fail to understand how to eat a piece of meat to be honest. What interests me is why he was unable to eat it. Could he not fit it in the burger bap?

The Food Snobs of Ulster have a right to know, you know.

On the subject of the "Food Village" I didn't partake but did take a look whilst collecting a half time pint of Murphys which I grudgingly accept was on the decent side of OK. I thought the variety of food was good but some appeared to be seeking top whack for their fare. the tight fisted people of Ulster may not bite so in the slightly longer term the options will probably diminish as people vote with their feet and shuffle over to the best value.

Sadly for Royster, when we were looking the smallest queue was at the burger van - it could be that Royster had devoured the entire stock of course. I did stop to chat to a guy who had one of said burgers and he looked pretty glum. "Hows the burger?" my friend asked him. "Sh1te" was the reply.

I had taken a gleek at the "Dong in a Bap" van but baulked at the extortionate price - £3.50 as Ardglass says. A mere 600% mark up minimum I reckon.

And speaking of Baps, it came as no surprise to me that there was a substantial queue at the coffee van. "Are they enhanced?" asked my mate. "Doubt it, they jiggle" was my expert reply. We concluded that her father was almost certainly a baker. Had the Murphys not been drinkable I was considering coffee as an alternative. :D

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

browner wrote:What's the word on the "new" prom...is it an improvement?
It is working out exactly as I suspected when I took the photograph(s) I posted previously.

Step height is unchanged.
Standing space is lost at the pitch barrier.
Access is considerably constrained and this results in disruption for more punters for each entry or egress.
Capacity is reduced.
We now have extra yellow coats.

Access used to be continuous along the whole length of the promenade. Access is now by either end or 3 yellow brick steps.

Generally speaking, I think that is about it.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Cascade
Novice

Post by Cascade »

cables wrote:
browner wrote:What's the word on the "new" prom...is it an improvement?
It is working out exactly as I suspected when I took the photograph(s) I posted previously.

Standing space is lost at the pitch barrier.
Access is considerably constrained and this results in disruption for more punters for each entry or egress.
Capacity is reduced.
We now have extra yellow coats.

Access used to be continuous along the whole length of the promenade. Access is now by either end or 3 yellow brick steps.

Generally speaking, I think that is about it.
What the fit controller taketh away with one hand, he giveth with another, as the new box section barriers can hold a pint or four.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

:roll:
As for eventsec...that's a whole new thread.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Royster
Novice

Post by Royster »

I beg your pardon Backawaygoonahead but you seem to be confusing me with someone who gives a hoot what you think.Your myriad postings, which I have no doubt are designed to show what a clever and witty fellow you are, in fact, show you to be a very ill mannered person.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

I followed my own advice and went to the chippy over the road after work, prior to the Leeds game.

2 sausages and as many freshly cooked chips as I could eat for £3.50, same price as one sausage in a bland bread roll.
As I suspected much better value.
Royster
Novice

Post by Royster »

Fair play to you Ardglass if that's what you want. I could have my tea in my own house before I go to the matches but I think (perhaps a bit misguidedly) that by purchasing food in the Ravenhill precincts that I am supporting Ulster Rugby a little bit more. I have not tried the burgers this year so far although I am led to believe that they aren't the best from some, albeit dodgy,reports. I remember Mike Reid complaining that UR were making a pittance from the supporters but that was very much his fault as he was taking a franchise cheque from the food and drink suppliers so it didn't make any difference to UR whether I ate 20 burgers and drank 20 pints or one burger and one pint the money to UR was just the same so far as I know.
UlsterJock
Initiate

Post by UlsterJock »

browner wrote:
:roll:
As for eventsec...that's a whole new thread.
......Aye and what's the score with the plain clothes types (no hiviz) with walkie takies, blocking views and staring in at the crowd from pitch-side :evil: One of them at the Leeds game really was beginning to get on my t*ts by the end of it (made me even understand for a brief moment why there is the need to take my bottle cap from me :wink: whats the score with that as well I was sold a bottle with a cap unlike previous game).

Have we done something to upset someone???

AND another thing......don't you think the loss of people standing pitch side has taken something from the atmosphere? and another nail in child friendly facility, is it a policy to force young child families up into the seats??
Some hae meat and canna eat, And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat, Sae let the Lord be thankit.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Junior Boo radley recommends the chocolate crepes...
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Royster wrote:I beg your pardon Backawaygoonahead but you seem to be confusing me with someone who gives a hoot what you think.Your myriad postings, which I have no doubt are designed to show what a clever and witty fellow you are, in fact, show you to be a very ill mannered person.
Somewhat touchy for a burger fan aren't we? What an incredibly rude posting after all the nice things I said about you. :?

You are clearly not the man I took you for, a happy go lucky face stuffer of fast food and thick cholesterol. I now suspect that far from this cuddly image you are a cadaverous lean streak of misery, despite your death wish diet, who spends his weekends with a lantern, trying to lure ships onto rocks. Or perhaps you feed carefully calculated doses of poison to birds and various countryside creatures given your obvious, though currently hidden, taste for roadkill.

Now about the guy who couldn't eat a steak, what on earth was his problem? I am genuinely intrigued - you must help. Oh no, you didn't make that up did you? :oops: No, I should have seen it, don't worry - its not you, its me :wink: , I blame myself for not recognising such an obvious lie. :oops:

The Food Snobs etc, etc, etc, Spill the burgers -oops I mean beanzzzzzzzzzz. :D

Oh, and for the sake of clarity, I couldn't give a tinker's damn nor a flying feck about what you think of either the content nor comedic value of my postings. Any critique from a burger expert would be as worthless as the junk produced by your beloved vans. I can assure you that I hadn't given your opinion a first, never mind second thought, in the long weeks since I decided to dissseminate my wisdom on these virtual pages.

So back to the burger van for you and let that be an end to it. Happy munching - it can only hasten the end :D

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Royster
Novice

Post by Royster »

If you haven't given my opinion a first or second thought then how come you wrote about it? Surely you contradict yourself or perhaps you haven't noticed in your haste to add to the drivel you have already posted ?
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Have you been checked out for Cruxfield-Jacobs? Is it true that too many burgers adle the brain. Sorry but you appear to be a half-wit, hate to say it but whay can one do?

If your brain has any remaining function, try to understand that I haven't commented on your opinions, rather I have made a series of comments none of which have anything to do with your thought process and have asked you again for one simple piece of information.

Couldn't be simpler really, just try to concentrate (maybe choose a quiet moment of the day and go into a room on your own - that may help) it shouldn't be overly difficult. Hope this helps, best of luck.

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Planning to forego my usual pre-match meal and sample the delights of the food village on Friday. I think we all ought to support this initiative to prevent a return to the old burger vans.

I may even port a verdict....
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
UlsterJock
Initiate

Post by UlsterJock »

pwrmoore wrote:Planning to forego my usual pre-match meal and sample the delights of the food village on Friday. I think we all ought to support this initiative to prevent a return to the old burger vans.

I may even port a verdict....
Dont forget the stalls to the left as you stand on the terrace - those poor boys obviously were at the back of the que when they were handing out sites! bless :)
Some hae meat and canna eat, And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat, Sae let the Lord be thankit.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterJock wrote: Dont forget the stalls to the left as you stand on the terrace - those poor boys obviously were at the back of the que when they were handing out sites! bless :)

Missed those entirely - thanks for the tip.

I have an idea to sample something from each vendor in one night, but such an undertaking will require some forward planning and possibly an intense training regime. It'll be tough, but I'll be doing it for Ulster! :red:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk