Player Availabilty Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Re: Player Availabilty Update

Post by backawaygoonahead »

TinPig wrote:Danielli looking like end of October
Tuohy 2 weeks roughly. :eye:
Mr Pig, would it be rude to ask where your info is coming from? Not that I am doubting you, you understand, I'm just very inquisitive, some might say a nosey bar steward. :wink: One way or another your info is very welcome.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

If anyone asks, tell them you don't know.
A good Pig protects his sources but trust me its all pig and no Bull from me. :pig:
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

TinPig wrote:If anyone asks, tell them you don't know.
A good Pig protects his sources but trust me its all pig and no Bull from me. :pig:
someone who obviously works for UR??????
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Big-al wrote:
TinPig wrote:If anyone asks, tell them you don't know.
someone who obviously works for UR??????
Ah the genius that is Big Al :shock: Ever think of appplying for CID Al?

Fair enough Porker, I ain't seeen nuffink. :wink:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Danielli said himself that he hoped to return before the end of October, must be date recommended by medics to allow recovery from injury.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Sorry if this has been covered previously ... but if either Bryn or Pollock or both are forced to end their career during the season, do their spots become instantly open to be filled, if there was someone to sign, more for the ML than the ERC.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:Sorry if this has been covered previously ... but if either Bryn or Pollock or both are forced to end their career during the season, do their spots become instantly open to be filled, if there was someone to sign, more for the ML than the ERC.
They are not listed in the squad for ERC and it is easy to bring someone into ML anyway
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Cornerfleg wrote:Sorry if this has been covered previously ... but if either Bryn or Pollock or both are forced to end their career during the season, do their spots become instantly open to be filled, if there was someone to sign, more for the ML than the ERC.
Your question would, I believe, have to take into consideration:

1. Budget constraints within UR.
2. Competition rules.

ERC restrict more than ML. There is a current thread discussing ERC additional players.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ta,

I just heard a few dogs on the street a while back saying that Horua cost us nothing as his insurance paid the rest of his contract. Not that anyone would want Bryn or David to be forced to retire but I was just interested that if they started the season as squad members but had to retire do they at least get a pay off and we still have their wages in the budget.
Last edited by Cornerfleg on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote:
Your question would, I believe, have to take into consideration:

1. Budget constraints within UR.
2. Competition rules.

ERC restrict more than ML. There is a current thread discussing ERC additional players.
At present D'Arcy is probably a replacement for Bryn, Pollocks spot is being taken by Henry at the minute as he is not really required at 8 so in effect if Bryn and Pollock were to retire today I doubt that they would be replaced by a new signing anyway.
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:Ta,

I just heard a few dogs on the street a while back saying that Horua cost us nothing as his insurance paid the rest of his contract. Not that anyone would want Bryn or David to be forced to retire but I was just interested that if they started the season as squad members but had to retire do they at least get a pay off and we still have their wages in the budget.
If they have to retire for medical reasons the insurance pays their remaing contract wages from what I have heard previously, and depending on their cover may also go a bit further.
Rory Best
bigchiefally
Initiate

Post by bigchiefally »

Is there a danger Pollock and Bryn will be retiring?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Bryn in the Bellylaugh said he was hoping to get back but was prepared for the worst. Pollock's hip I think, may need another operation and isn't responding well, from the noises I've heard at Ravers the situation isn't looking that great for either of them. Bryn's had a decent career but we could have done with his experience. Pollock on the other had was a natural 7 a position we are very short of cover for, and had a super future ahead of him. I fear like McMillan injury is going to cut his future well short of it's potential.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

I can confirm that Declan Fitzpatrick has been told 2 to 3 months. In a couple of weeks he will know which end of that spectrum it is.
He is having a 2 inch needle injected into his league every other day - not nice.
Apparantly Declan Kidney rang him after the match and told him he still plans to have him in the extended squad in the Autumn - which I thought was a nice touch.

On another matter you may have noticed neither Stenvenson or Andress starting for Harelequins. This is because Andress fell on Stevenson's league in training . Stevenson is out for 5 to 6 weeks, I don't know about Andress
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I've never been so happy I was born without a league ... kids used to laugh at me ... but what with these stories of needles and people jumping on them I'm glad I'm leagueless.