Ian Humphreys

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ian Humphreys

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Setanta wrote:Actually I like Lamb stuffed with Garlic and accompanied by a fine Shiraz; oh and when did u meet my two brothers and I Ardglass; oh and roll on tomorra... :mrgreen:
A very fine choice Sir, but remember to season the lamb well then baste the outside of the joint with a mix of melted butter, lemon juice and fresh rosemary and serve it rare - try it with Chateau du Calce - a fine Syrah from Roussillon. Not a bank breaker @ under a £10 last time I was able to find it (not easy) & an absolute belter. More complex and long-lasting than the powerhouse alcohol laden Shiraz as presented by the SH New Worlders. A surefire winner on both the eating & drinking fronts, it will require nothing more than an unsophisticated accompaniment of "Poor man's potatoes" a Spanish recipe for sliced spuds pan fried with onions, garlic & capsicums, preferably red for a bit of colour.

Enjoy your meal sir. :wink:

Any further assistance needed just ask.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Didn't realise I was surrounded by fellow gourmets - how's your recipe for stuffed pork fillet?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Setanta wrote:Didn't realise I was surrounded by fellow gourmets - how's your recipe for stuffed pork fillet?
I'm not really mad on the stuffed PF but could give you a tidy little recipe known in the family as porc a la creme. If you like a bit of stuffing try Boeuf St Jeanne:

2 matching cuts of chump steak about 3/4 of an inch thick each. coat the inside of each with mustard (whichever type you like) & on top of this a layer of good quality smoked back bacon - not supermarket sh1te - then mix cream cheese herbs of your choice and finely chopped onion and lay that on one piece of chump, then place the matching chump on top and tie it of at about every inch. Brown in a large pan & place in a parcel of foil. Tip a good glass of red wine into the pan to loosen any adhering bits of meat and pour onto the meat then seal foil parcel folding the top loosely. Roast in the oven until - rare in my case - to taste. Remove the string and cut into good sized wedges.

Serve with veg of your choice although not much required with this carnivores feast and a big red wine to cope with all that flavour.

I can tell you had either Napoleon or Adolf had this recipe the Russians would never have turned them back. Man food :thumleft:

If iHUmph had a feed of this we need have no concerns about him tomorrow. :wink:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Thanks, sounds good - give the wife a treat - I need the brownie points! :wink:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

I hope ihumph puts in a good performance tonight. I was watching the highlights of the Stade & Bath matches from last season on U Tube. Anything similar will be accepted. Weather looking good as well, a bonus point would be great!!

Looking forward to a good night out & a btter result. Expect to be horse by the end of the night, some brandy & port in the hip flask might be the answer to the dodgy throat!

C'mon ULSTER!!! :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Setanta wrote:Thanks, sounds good - give the wife a treat - I need the brownie points! :wink:
Just realised, I nearly ruined your lamb :shock: Should be softened butter lemon juice and rosemary - not melted :oops: :oops: :oops:

jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

SparkyClarky wrote:I hope ihumph puts in a good performance tonight. I was watching the highlights of the Stade & Bath matches from last season on U Tube. Anything similar will be accepted. Weather looking good as well, a bonus point would be great!!

Looking forward to a good night out & a btter result. Expect to be horse by the end of the night, some brandy & port in the hip flask might be the answer to the dodgy throat!

Let's hope you're stable by the morning.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

jackthelad wrote:
SparkyClarky wrote:I hope ihumph puts in a good performance tonight. I was watching the highlights of the Stade & Bath matches from last season on U Tube. Anything similar will be accepted. Weather looking good as well, a bonus point would be great!!

Let's hope you're stable by the morning.
Nay chance!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

And what happens if IH has a complete 'mare?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gary wrote:And what happens if IH has a complete 'mare?
Doakie puts screen round him on pitch and vet puts him down.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Ok

Will not make anymore posts with drink taken, or for that matter without consulting the online dictionary! Just feeling a bit of a donkey now with all you boys reigning me in!

PS Clocks not going fast enough today!
noun "Fan"

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

SparkyClarky wrote:feeling a bit of a donkey now with all you boys reigning me in!

PS Clocks not going fast enough today!
Guess you must feel you've been done over ROYALLY. I thought they had only reined you in.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Ye BOLLICKS Moore, I give up, submission it is then!!

Unlike Ulster tonight who will never submit! :D
noun "Fan"

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Humps ready made excuse for having a "mare"...

Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

browner wrote:Humps ready made excuse for having a "mare"...

Has a Humph ever blamed the ball? He's not Ronan for feck sakes.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999