Positives & Negatives: Ulster V Aironi

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Re: Positives & Negatives: Ulster V Aironi

Post by backawaygoonahead »

HammerTime wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:+++
Apart from one pathetic effort from a child we were free of the half-wit bellowing "get in the hole." I would like to think that he has read the opprobrium directed at him from these pages and taken heed but suspect he was just on vacation at Windsor Park, the natural home of his variety of idiot.

:
Have you ever been to Windsor Park for a match?
Yes my favourite tool, I was a regular for many years. Trust that information is useful. :wink:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Rooster wrote:+ was talking to a dog pissing up against a lampost outside Ravenhill gates and he was barking something about good news on the contract front, suppose we will have to wait till the start of the week and see who the topic was centered on.
Oh crap Rooster, I had been looking forward to breaking the "McCaw signs for Ulster story" :(

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
Rooster wrote:+ was talking to a dog pissing up against a lampost outside Ravenhill gates and he was barking something about good news on the contract front, suppose we will have to wait till the start of the week and see who the topic was centered on.
Oh crap Rooster, I had been looking forward to breaking the "McCaw signs for Ulster story" :(
Can he play fullback?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Its probably Emerick on a 1yr contract
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Muddy Bless wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:
Can he play fullback?
He could play anywhere, just happens 7 is his best position :D

Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

backawaygoonahead wrote:

I have been greatly amused by desciption of his try as "cheeky" and the word "great" also sneaked in somewhere. Lets be clear for the benefit of anyone who didn't see it, he made a completely lousy kick ahead and the ball went in the direction of perhaps the only player in Europpean Rugby who must never have seen the "Poitreneau fiasco" when Rob Howley scored in the final to win it for Wasps. Where iHumph does deserve great credit is that he didn't give it up and did really well to jump in there for the touchdown.
Think thats a bit harsh to describe the kick as lousy - watch it again (highlights on RTE) - we've got ball deep from a 22 restart, nothing much on so a low grubber is put in that one bounce the other direction would have resulted in a five yard line out - as it happens it stays in, they balls up and we score a try - I wouldn't call either result lousy!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Yoda wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:

I have been greatly amused by desciption of his try as "cheeky" and the word "great" also sneaked in somewhere. Lets be clear for the benefit of anyone who didn't see it, he made a completely lousy kick ahead and the ball went in the direction of perhaps the only player in Europpean Rugby who must never have seen the "Poitreneau fiasco" when Rob Howley scored in the final to win it for Wasps. Where iHumph does deserve great credit is that he didn't give it up and did really well to jump in there for the touchdown.
Think thats a bit harsh to describe the kick as lousy - watch it again (highlights on RTE) - we've got ball deep from a 22 restart, nothing much on so a low grubber is put in that one bounce the other direction would have resulted in a five yard line out - as it happens it stays in, they balls up and we score a try - I wouldn't call either result lousy!
It certainly wasn't lousy, but I expect that kinda language from backawaygoonahead, he's our resident Daily Mail reader! :wink:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Wow feel the positivity :?
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

How do you know what it was like if you didn't go?
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Jackie Brown wrote:
Yoda wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:

I have been greatly amused by description of his try as "cheeky" and the word "great" also sneaked in somewhere. Lets be clear for the benefit of anyone who didn't see it, he made a completely lousy kick ahead and the ball went in the direction of perhaps the only player in Europpean Rugby who must never have seen the "Poitreneau fiasco" when Rob Howley scored in the final to win it for Wasps. Where iHumph does deserve great credit is that he didn't give it up and did really well to jump in there for the touchdown.
It certainly wasn't lousy, but I expect that kinda language from backawaygoonahead, he's our resident Daily Mail reader! :wink:
JB - "Stupid Boy" as Captain Mainwaring would have said, never bought the Daily Fascist in my life. Sends shivers done my spine, anyway I always regarded it as a paper for people with short arms - was always a broadsheet man myself in the days when I bought papers and then of course the web made that unnecessary. You however appear to be classic "Sun Reader" material or do you go for the double & buy the Star as well. Strikes me that would meet all your needs, crap journalism, loads of pictures and all aimed at a dumb audience, ya big baby :lol:
baby-14.gif
baby-14.gif (63.71 KiB) Viewed 450 times
Now, here beginneth the lesson, put yourself in iHumph's position. As nothing much is on (as you have said Yoda) does he aim to put a grubber over their line to give them another 22? Don't be fecking stupid of course he doesn't,he doesn't want to give them an easy out nor does he want to give them a scrum back. He tries to drive the grubber into touch in their 22 to put pressure on their lineout.

JB probably doesn't understand but I'm pretty sure we are agreed on this so far Yoda judging by your post. Here is where our opinions diverge. I find it hard to credit he was aiming for the cornerfleg, because that would be dumb, far too easy to get it wrong & give them a scrum back between the 10 m & halfway lines. I believe he was probably 10-15 metres off target but heres the good part. Who fecking cares :cheers: Jackie probably thinks I called it a lousy kick because he didn't drive it into touch and we had to settle for a lousy try instead :scratch: :D :D :D

As I said in my post, he deserves great credit for not giving it up & forcing Fat Nick into "Poitreneauing". The reasons I described it as I did are twofold - 1) it was a lousy kick, based on not wanting to give them a scrum back nor a "retake" of the 22, which worked out beautifully 2) as I said, for "anyone who didn't see it" I tried to describe it accurately, as I has seen it & as people around me had groaned when the kick looked to have simply given Aironi another easy let off at a time when we were really struggling to get near a bonus point.

Lousy or not it sparked a bit of life into a rapidly worrying contest in which we were making little progress to the bonus point.

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Big-al wrote:How do you know what it was like if you didn't go?
Just what I was thinking Al :salut: albeit I agree with the sentiment.

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

With Bath losing at home our job has been made easier - if we win our home games and beat Aironi away Bath will find it impossible to get ahead of us, assuming they don't win in Biarritz. That said we can only be sure of progressing if we are able to take bonus points away.

What is certain is that things are now in our hands & with luck failure to rattle up a cricket score on Friday thankfully now looks a little less important. 4 wins now could well be enough if we are competitive away at BO-PB & Bath & get 19/20 points.

Having had a quick look at the state of the pools - 1,2 & 3 all look to be pretty well balanced with not too many 5 point games looking likely & thankfully Toulouse scraped a win & hopefully will dominate the pool. Pools 4 & 5 remain likely to produce the runners-up - if we don't feck it up.

HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Yes my favourite tool, I was a regular for many years. Trust that information is useful. :wink:
TBH i've came across as many idiots at Ravenhill than i have at Windsor.
Last edited by HammerTime on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
Yoda wrote:
JB - "Stupid Boy" as Captain Mainwaring would have said, never bought the Daily Fascist in my life. Sends shivers done my spine, anyway I always regarded it as a paper for people with short arms - was always a broadsheet man myself in the days when I bought papers and then of course the web made that unnecessary. You however appear to be classic "Sun Reader" material or do you go for the double & buy the Star as well. Strikes me that would meet all your needs, crap journalism, loads of pictures and all aimed at a dumb audience, ya big baby :lol:
baby-14.gif
Now, here beginneth the lesson, put yourself in iHumph's position. As nothing much is on (as you have said Yoda) does he aim to put a grubber over their line to give them another 22? Don't be fecking stupid of course he doesn't,he doesn't want to give them an easy out nor does he want to give them a scrum back. He tries to drive the grubber into touch in their 22 to put pressure on their lineout.

JB probably doesn't understand but I'm pretty sure we are agreed on this so far Yoda judging by your post. Here is where our opinions diverge. I find it hard to credit he was aiming for the cornerfleg, because that would be dumb, far too easy to get it wrong & give them a scrum back between the 10 m & halfway lines. I believe he was probably 10-15 metres off target but heres the good part. Who fecking cares :cheers: Jackie probably thinks I called it a lousy kick because he didn't drive it into touch and we had to settle for a lousy try instead :scratch: :D :D :D

As I said in my post, he deserves great credit for not giving it up & forcing Fat Nick into "Poitreneauing". The reasons I described it as I did are twofold - 1) it was a lousy kick, based on not wanting to give them a scrum back nor a "retake" of the 22, which worked out beautifully 2) as I said, for "anyone who didn't see it" I tried to describe it accurately, as I has seen it & as people around me had groaned when the kick looked to have simply given Aironi another easy let off at a time when we were really struggling to get near a bonus point.

Lousy or not it sparked a bit of life into a rapidly worrying contest in which we were making little progress to the bonus point.
Someone like the sound of their own voice... :cowboy:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

HammerTime wrote:

TBH i've came across as many idiots at Ravenhill than i have at Windsor.
Sorry Hammer, missed your response.

Yes I'm quite sure you have, its hardly surprising as Norn Iron, whilst not having a world monopoly of idiots ranks very highly in terms of half-wits per 1000 of population. It will hardly surprise you to know that we enjoy a top 5 position amongst countries who have education universally available to its population.

A fine achievement however we do drag a long way behind USA, a country which produces brilliant minds but seems content to keep the "smarts" amongst the higher echelons of society whilst the "dumb-ass" masses are barely intelligible in every day conversation limiting themselves to scripture reading - for those who can read - and exclamations of "boo- yah", "boom baby" "you da man" and suchlike. Their brains are befuddled by ludicrous "rap" music, they think of themselves as "Gangstas", they drink the most appalling fizzy pish which they refer to as "beer" (another illustration of their mental weakness) & of course most of them have never been out of their own state never mind owning a passport. These are of course generalities but you catch my drift.

They seem to thrive on this splendid isolation, absolutely assured that they live in "the finest god-darned place on the planet" based on them examining less evidence than there is for the existence of a superior being/creator living just up there above them in the clouds. :lol:

Anyway all that notwithstanding you are right in that Ravenhill has its share of cretins & people whose presence at the Hill is depriving their villages of its idiot. Windsor on the other hand is well known for its witty banter amongst the Mensa members who frequent it.

What made me stop going to Windsor was the idiotic overt bigotry & sectarianism which became just too much for me to bare with good humour. I understand that it now enjoys a happier atmosphere but I would not like to spend 5 minutes never mind a couple of hours with the vile cretins who may have been silenced but doubtless still attend. I would be scared of having a pure mind & heart contaminated by those stars. Then factor in that football is a poor excuse for a game compared to rugby and there you have it all, encompassed in a rather large sized nutshell.