Post by Jackie Brown »

Unbelievable he still overlooks Carr! What a muppet
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ireland Squad for Autumn Internationals

Post by fuzzylogic »

by bootlaced » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:42 am

Was at the Tigers match on sunday,and Murphy was outstanding,catching,tackling[yup tackling],kicking and his line breaks sublime,the best I've seen him play,so he is hitting the right form,Tigers fans certainly hold him in very high esteem
He's been sensational since they made him captain!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Aodhán
Novice

Post by Aodhán »

Yeah this whole situation makes more sense since I found out that he wasn't being overlooked, he just wasn't to be released. He'll probably play some part in the last two tests.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Marcus Horan out for a month or more after breaking a bone in his hand in the gym doing weights.
No end to the injuries!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Aodhán wrote:Yeah this whole situation makes more sense since I found out that he wasn't being overlooked, he just wasn't to be released. He'll probably play some part in the last two tests.
Fáilte romhat Aodhán agus conas atá tú?

Nice to be welcomed aboard I think and yes I wouldn't be surprised if he has some involvement in the series.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dublin4 wrote:Marcus Horan out for a month or more after breaking a bone in his hand in the gym doing weights.
No end to the injuries!
6 weeks I am led to believe. What a langer.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Guys, I hate to dampen the enthusiasm for Carr, but have none of you noticed that he simply doesn't tackle at all? He makes iHumph look like Gerry Collins. Even at age grade, which I followed during Fionn's time, his lack of defence was legendary, & this has continued at Magners level. Why do you think he is still with the Westies FFS?

For those of you calling Kidney a muppet etc for not picking him, did it ever enter your brains that maybe as full time coach he sees a little more than we do?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

brianc wrote:Guys, I hate to dampen the enthusiasm for Carr, but have none of you noticed that he simply doesn't tackle at all? He makes iHumph look like Gerry Collins. Even at age grade, which I followed during Fionn's time, his lack of defence was legendary, & this has continued at Magners level. Why do you think he is still with the Westies FFS?

For those of you calling Kidney a muppet etc for not picking him, did it ever enter your brains that maybe as full time coach he sees a little more than we do?
I'll call him a muppet all day long. Over-rated as a coach.
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Jackie Brown wrote:I'll call him a muppet all day long. Over-rated as a coach.
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their view, never let the facts get in the way of a good story :D
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Jackie Brown wrote:
brianc wrote:Guys, I hate to dampen the enthusiasm for Carr, but have none of you noticed that he simply doesn't tackle at all? He makes iHumph look like Gerry Collins. Even at age grade, which I followed during Fionn's time, his lack of defence was legendary, & this has continued at Magners level. Why do you think he is still with the Westies FFS?

I'll call him a muppet all day long. Over-rated as a coach.
Yup, an IRB U19 World Championship, an ML title, 2 HECs, a Grand Slam, a Churchill Cup, Kidney has achieved feck all as a coach... :lol:
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Agreed - I don't see Carr as an International winger
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

mikerob wrote:Yup, an IRB U19 World Championship, an ML title, 2 HECs, a Grand Slam, a Churchill Cup, Kidney has achieved feck all as a coach... :lol:
Thanks Mike, those were the facts I was referring to, just couldn't be bothered to list them :lol: :lol:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

brianc wrote:
mikerob wrote:Yup, an IRB U19 World Championship, an ML title, 2 HECs, a Grand Slam, a Churchill Cup, Kidney has achieved feck all as a coach... :lol:
Thanks Mike, those were the facts I was referring to, just couldn't be bothered to list them :lol: :lol:
U19 WC - Don't know enough to comment
ML Title - Muckall got one of those too
2 HECs - Settled team before Kidney arrived, Munster had those wins coming even is Bradley had been in charge
Grand Slam - Steady Eddie's team
Churchill Cup - Who cares?

Granted he has won silverware, think he'll be found out with ireland sooner rather than later. as the old guard fall by the wayside and he's gotta develop the next generation. Last years 6N was GASH!
Aodhán
Novice

Post by Aodhán »

Shan wrote:
Aodhán wrote:Yeah this whole situation makes more sense since I found out that he wasn't being overlooked, he just wasn't to be released. He'll probably play some part in the last two tests.
Fáilte romhat Aodhán agus conas atá tú?

Nice to be welcomed aboard I think and yes I wouldn't be surprised if he has some involvement in the series.
Go raibh maith agat Shan!
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

JB does a rugby version of "what have the Romans ever done for us..." :lol:
Jackie Brown wrote:
U19 WC - Don't know enough to comment ..this applies to your entire post...
ML Title - Muckall got one of those too ..and did a great job coaching the team to the title that year
2 HECs - Settled team before Kidney arrived, Munster had those wins coming even is Bradley had been in charge Prove it.
Grand Slam - Steady Eddie's team ...and EOS never won a GS with "his" team
Churchill Cup - Who cares? I did anyway. Stuffing England in the final was superb entertainment