Edinburgh v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Aodhán
Novice

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster

Post by Aodhán »

Handling and decision making were a let down tonight.

Yeah Wallace was good, no point blaming this on Kidney.
RedKC
Novice

Post by RedKC »

BR wrote:
LondonRedHand wrote:
promanader wrote:Thank you Mr Kidney
+1

Wallace was about our best player tonight. He controlled the game well at 10.
Agreed he was good first half, none of them played well second half. Too many basic errors and just not clinical enough when chances appeared. Totally dominated the game and yet for most of the second half never looked like winning.

Lots of crap being talked on here, in no way was that disgraceful it was just poor in the second half and we don't have enough depth in the backlike to cover for players like Cave, Danielli and maybe even Smith being injured.

Really pleased with Paddy Mac thought he was excellent first half.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Awful 2nd half yet again.

Simply not good enough, handling awful (yes weather was poor) but apart from Whittens good try, the backs looked like crap again.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Mirror image of Biarritz. Competent enough first half but some chances missed then fall apart in the second half with error upon error upon error. The only difference was the weather and Embra aren't as good as Biarritz to exploit the mistakes.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

RedKC wrote:
Really pleased with Paddy Mac thought he was excellent first half.
+1

First ML start and you wouldn't have known it.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Ulster are incapable of playing intelligent rugby,I gave up on the amounts of knock ons,terrible passing,poor kicking,poor use of the bench,poor use of tactics and headless chicken defence,I will refrain in targeting individual players,and will instead direct my fire towards the coaching and management of the team,you are damaging Ulster Rugby,now bog off and get some professionals in asap :evil:
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
promanader
Novice

Post by promanader »

Agree that Wallace played well at 10 but would prefer to have seen him at 12 with Humph at 10. Humph has had a good couple of games before tonight. I guess I'm just frustrated by the selection tonight.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Meh... You can't plame Deccie for the fact that nominally world class players aren't keeping an admittedly wet ball in hand. And that, along with a litany of other stupidity is what killed us. That and an abject failure to capitalise on opportunity.

I'm failing to see a problem with PW at 10.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
UlsterJock
Initiate

Post by UlsterJock »

1st half lack of finnishing cost us through crap handling and a back line full of people out of position. 2nd half we just failed to come out of the dressing room again!!!! where's the steel and down right nasty edge we were promised? we again played 14 men and failed to take the advantage, our handling was sh*te and changes made too late. LEADERSHIP! would someone please grab this bull by the horns and give it a bl**dy good shake.
Some hae meat and canna eat, And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat, Sae let the Lord be thankit.
KeithW
Novice

Post by KeithW »

If you can't catch the ball or throw it straight into a lineout you have fcuk all chance of beating anyone! Poor performance but guess the boys know that! You could say back to the drawing board but probably not much point, we won't become great in 1,2 or maybe even 3 seasons but that's to be expected I do worry tho that are best players might not be happy to hang around that long!
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

keithW - we've got the players, no doubt about that
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Big-al wrote:keithW - we've got the players, no doubt about that
...except maybe they aren't as good as we think they are. Trimble - multiple knock-ons, Ferris - multiple knock-ons, Andi K - 2 not straights. These should be Ulster's "go to" players in tight ML dog-fights but their mistakes totally killed any chance of building momentum.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

One revelation tonight was the fact that McAllister is actually fit to put in a decent performance at LH, actually he looked better than either Young or Court, perhaps Deccy should be looking at him for one for the future.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Paddy was probably our best player
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Mcallister was great tonight great prospect,but some of our seasoned campaigners were tom kite :(
We dont need the English to win the European Cup