Ireland Ticket Prices

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Re: Ireland Ticket Prices

Post by Dublin4 »

Backaway is right.
He and I must be contemporaries because I always say the same about the Triple Crown. I was 26 when Ireland won it for the first time in a third of a century in 1982. It was just massive. So much so that the team went on the pish for a month and didn't bother to prepare for the last game against France.
The value of the TC could be seen this year when we blew one against Scotland in the last game at Croker. It would have been a nice end to the campaign.

Autumn internationals have never had the same resonance in Ireland as the 6N and that reality is borne out by the current ticket fiasco.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Dublin4 wrote:Backaway is right.
He and I must be contemporaries
so u have the same issue....

he has a pisch in the morning at 6.30, then a dump at 6.45. trouble is he doesn't wake up until 7.30...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Dublin4 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:55 am

Backaway is right.
He and I must be contemporaries because I always say the same about the Triple Crown. I was 26 when Ireland won it for the first time in a third of a century in 1982. It was just massive.
Thats exactly it D4 . . .it was massive!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:Backaway is right.
He and I must be contemporaries
so u have the same issue....

he has a pisch in the morning at 6.30, then a dump at 6.45. trouble is he doesn't wake up until 7.30...
Weldist: Wonderful to have you back on form, WTF did you mean by having the brass neck to take the summer off or do you suffer from S.A.D and only do your best work in the gloom of autumn & winter?

Mind you some of your details are just plain wrong - I don't wake up until 7.45. :roll: I did tell you that the last time you used this old chestnut :wink:

Dublin 4: I went to France for the Grand Slam match at Parc des Princes in 1982. Drove over on the Monday before and came back the Tuesday afterwards. Pity about the match but a great week anyway. Paddy's day was the Wednesday of that week & we started at about 10.15 that morning in a tabac on pint bottles of Guinness, by 7am the following morning we had the broadest range of drink in us I can recall, finishing with 2 bottles of Jameson which were tucked away in a big box we had brought over for delivery from a mother to her exiled son who lived up around Montmartre. Thursday was a bleak day but well worth it. A Grand Slam would have been something but we were still walking tall on the back of the Triple Crown. :thumleft:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

was doing a bit of traveling.

now im back to make sure that you clowns don't get too out of hand with your petty squabbles, and fall into that pit of doom&gloom whenever Ulster don't win.

I mean, more to life than this guys, more to life...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:was doing a bit of traveling.
Fair enough but horse fares for 4 months ? How many pots and pans are there to repair in the world ?

Did you try the new one ? Parking up in a small industrial estate, block a few loading bays and tell an irate owner or two that you had planned for stay for a couple of months but a grand could sort it out. That one as you might say is pure genius.

Anyway the board is a brighter place for having your rare mixture of humour, bile & near wisdom................oh yeah & the bullshit too.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

any predictions for the attendance this weekend?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

32K if that
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Rumour has it 15k unsold tickets!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2010/1106 ... aviva.html

For Ireland, their debut at the Aviva Stadium turned out to be deeply disappointing for reasons beyond the performance on the pitch.

Rows of empty seats greeted the teams at kick-off, a result of the ticketing fiasco that forced to Irish Rugby Football Union to issue an apology on Monday.

Forced to buy tickets in two-match packages, many supporters voted with their feet to deny the Aviva Stadium a sell-out for its first international event.

Even fewer were present for the second half with many spectators failing to return to their seats after the interval.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

It looked bad and you could hear the SA supporters cheering on the overrated "beast" every time he was near the ball. It appeared there were more SA supporters than Irish at times. Of course they only had to purchase one ticket.

Glad I didn't give the IRFU any money for that load of rubbish today.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

bootlaced wrote:Even fewer were present for the second half with many spectators failing to return to their seats after the interval.
I thought there were more empty seats in the second half. Where did they all go to? With the price of drink there it would have been an expensive 40mins had they stayed in a bar in the Aviva.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Shan wrote:It looked bad and you could hear the SA supporters cheering on the overrated "beast"
In fairness, using the beast as a benchmark this evening, you could say that the following players are over-rated by Irish supporters:

Healy, Best, Buckly, DOC, Ferris, Wallace, Heaslip, Sexton, D'Arcy, BOD, Kearney. (Bowe and Fitz escape because I think they played to just about par, MOD and Reddan because even Irish fans don't really rate them..)
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

darkside lightside wrote:
Shan wrote:It looked bad and you could hear the SA supporters cheering on the overrated "beast"
In fairness, using the beast as a benchmark this evening, you could say that the following players are over-rated by Irish supporters:

Healy, Best, Buckly, DOC, Ferris, Wallace, Heaslip, Sexton, D'Arcy, BOD, Kearney. (Bowe and Fitz escape because I think they played to just about par, MOD and Reddan because even Irish fans don't really rate them..)
Spot on D/L. I think I'm just so peed off with our performance/management that I am looking to moan about anything and anybody.

>TM >TM
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

moondance wrote:
bootlaced wrote:Even fewer were present for the second half with many spectators failing to return to their seats after the interval.
I thought there were more empty seats in the second half. Where did they all go to? With the price of drink there it would have been an expensive 40mins had they stayed in a bar in the Aviva.
will have taken them ages to get back to their seats as the queues to get in/out of seating area are horrendous