Ireland vs All Blacks

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ireland vs All Blacks

Post by bootlaced »

I heard a whisper that Buckley may be training next week,honestly this is'nt a joke. :shock:
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

bootlaced wrote:I heard a whisper that Buckley may be training next week,honestly this is'nt a joke. :shock:
Our saviour! Irish Rugbys saviour has come! :D

:|

:cry:

Honestly I'll be so disappointed if Hayes starts ahead of Court against the All Blacks. I'll be gutted.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

1. Healey, 2. Best, 3. Hayes, 4. DOC, 5. Toner, 6. Ferris, 7. Wallace, 8. Heaslip

9. Reddan, 10. Sexton, 11. Fitz, 12. D'Brennan, 13. BOD, 14. Bowe, 15. Kearney

JB expects...
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

cheers for the link cormac

squad to be found here

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/5443.php

Following the game against Samoa at the weekend, there were the normal high level of bumps and bruises but no major injuries to report...
Of the bumps and bruises, Leinster prop Cian Healy picked up a dead leg near the end of the game. Healy will be monitored over the next 48 hours to see how the bruising responds to treatment.
Rob Kearney has progressed well from the deep bruising he suffered to his knee in the game against South Africa and it is expected that he will return to full training this week.

The majority of the original squad that was in camp last week will remain in place but there are several players being released as well as coming into the squad. Keith Earls has also been released to play for Munster against Australia, but will be returning to the Ireland squad on Wednesday.

The Ireland team to play New Zealand will be named on Thursday.

Ireland Squad (32)

Forwards: Tom Court, Cian Healy, Brett Wilkinson, Rory Best, Sean Cronin, John Hayes, Mike Ross, Donncha O’Callaghan, Donnacha Ryan, Mick O’Driscoll, Devin Toner, Stephen Ferris, John Muldoon, David Wallace, Sean O’Brien, Jamie Heaslip, Denis Leamy

Backs: Eoin Reddan, Peter Stringer, Ronan O’Gara, Jonathan Sexton, Andrew Trimble, Luke Fitzgerald, Keith Earls, Gordon D’Arcy, Paddy Wallace, Brian O’Driscoll, Fergus McFadden, Tommy Bowe, Gavin Duffy, Geordan Murphy, Rob Kearney
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

ALL BLACKS by 40+ points......too many Irish players are not fit for purpose anymore and coming into a World Cup year we have got it so badly wrong.
The sight of Ferris hitting the deck after a nudge in the face was the nail in the coffin for me...pathetic from the big man..pathetic. :?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Ferris, come on ya big girl's blouse.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Beattiespastie wrote:ALL BLACKS by 40+ points......too many Irish players are not fit for purpose anymore and coming into a World Cup year we have got it so badly wrong.
The sight of Ferris hitting the deck after a nudge in the face was the nail in the coffin for me...pathetic from the big man..pathetic. :?
And to make matters worse it was a winger and not even a big one at that :oops:
I remember Nigel Owens reversing a penalty at Ravenhill one night because of a player taking a dive after a bit of handbags, said he would have none of that carry on on his pitch.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Rooster wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:ALL BLACKS by 40+ points......too many Irish players are not fit for purpose anymore and coming into a World Cup year we have got it so badly wrong.
And to make matters worse it was a winger and not even a big one at that :oops:
I remember Nigel Owens reversing a penalty at Ravenhill one night because of a player taking a dive after a bit of handbags, said he would have none of that carry on on his pitch.
Lets have a suspension for Ferris - he has disgraced Ireland, Ulster, his family, friends & the long-suffering supporters of Alster.

Stone the bar steward in the middle of the pitch at the next home game at Ravenhill I say. Lets all boo him when he touches the ball - a bit like Beckham. Lobby the Fit Controller to slash his monthly stipend.

Or we could just say, to borrow a line from "The Life of Brian": He's not the messiah, hes a very naughty boy" and then ...........err.....eh.....forget about it :shock:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Jackie Brown wrote:1. Healey, 2. Best, 3. Hayes, 4. DOC, 5. Toner, 6. Ferris, 7. Wallace, 8. Heaslip

9. Reddan, 10. Sexton, 11. Fitz, 12. D'ar$e, 13. BOD, 14. Bowe, 15. Kearney

JB expects...
Don't think you'll be disappointed!!

Looking down that squad list, there is a great team trying to get out - with Leinster & Munster going great guns in Europe - but smothered by ineptitude from above. The players will be smarting a bit, and rugby's a funny game sometimes, so even though we lack leadership, and are playing rubbish, it could well be closer than you might think on Sat..
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Don't agree with that team.
Leo Cullen to start in the second row. Why would you play Toner who ranks behind Cullen and Hines at Leinster?
Stringer to play as he offers quick ball. Boss as a sub in case Strings physically overwhelmed (likely!).
ROG/Sexton: I honestly don't know. Sexton probably as he offers more in defence (needed!).
Geordan Murphy to start I believe. There's an argument to move BOD to 12 and Bowe to 13, and not just play Darce. Either way Sonny Bill beckons.
It could be grim. Then again we might get a performance.

Has it occured to anyone else that this is the last time a lot of guys will play the Blacks? Short of getting to the WC final ( in my dreams only) BOD, Darce, POC, ROG, Geordan, Bull etc etc will not be around in 2012 or 2013 so this is their last shot.
It would be lovely to see BOD feature in a win over the Blacks, wouldn't it?
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Dublin4 wrote:Don't agree with that team.
Leo Cullen to start in the second row. Why would you play Toner who ranks behind Cullen and Hines at Leinster?
Stringer to play as he offers quick ball. Boss as a sub in case Strings physically overwhelmed (likely!).
ROG/Sexton: I honestly don't know. Sexton probably as he offers more in defence (needed!).
Geordan Murphy to start I believe. There's an argument to move BOD to 12 and Bowe to 13, and not just play Darce. Either way Sonny Bill beckons.

Has it occured to anyone else that this is the last time a lot of guys will play the Blacks? Short of getting to the WC final ( in my dreams only) BOD, Darce, POC, ROG, Geordan, Bull etc etc will not be around in 2012 or 2013 so this is their last shot.
Neither Cullen nor Boss are in the squad for the NZ game.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Cormac wrote:

Neither Cullen nor Boss are in the squad for the NZ game.
WOOHOO :cheers: :cheers: Bring on Reddan!!! :duh: :duh: We all make mistakes Kidney, if however you fail to learn from your mistakes then History is doomed to repeat itself. :banghead: :banghead:
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

If it is the team Jackie listed it will be 40 points
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Who really gives a toss ? Ulster playing Cardiff on Sunday is main match this weekend :lol: :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Good sentiments D4 but they will go into good company like Gibson,McBride, Slattery,Mossie Keane & our dear Jack Kyle in that regard - no chance whatsoever of winning on Saturday.

I have often had hopes that "today could be the day" but not this time - we are like a coracle trying to make it over to Greater Blasket from mainland Kerry in a force 7 gale without so much as a egg cup to bail out the seawater as it pours in over the rail and the ould cow in the boat is going frantic, the rocks are looking pretty perilous and the paddle has just been washed away from our grasp. I reckon that about sums up the chances of a miracle.

In the words of Private Walker from Dad's Army : We're doomed, all doomed." Mind you the sun will come up next day, albeit we probably won't see it & no one will die (I hope) & sure worse things happen at sea - but lets not get into that again :wink:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.