Ireland vs All Blacks

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland vs All Blacks

Post by Shan »

philelwood wrote:To much negativity mr ferris thinks!

It's as well he didn't mention the ladyboy dive!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/9199879.stm
He's right. There has been too much negativity, mainly from the players and management. Time for Ferris and some of the other under-performing players to stop talking about what they are going to/ able to do and instead do it when they are on the field of play.

Stephen Ferris wrote:"We believe we can play New Zealand week in, week out and beat them," insisted Ferris.
Subtle difference but New Zealand know they will beat us week in, week out. Belief is all very well but knowledge through fact and experience is infinitely more concrete.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Unbelievably the Irish Times seems to think this is the team that will start. I can only hope their sauces are way off.

Kearney, Bowe, O'Driscoll, D'Arcy, Fitzgerald, Sexton, Reddan; Healy, Best, Court, O'Callaghan, O'Driscoll, Ferris, Wallace, Heaslip: Subs; Cronin, Hayes, Toner, Leamy, Stringer, O'Gara, Earls.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Cormac wrote:Unbelievably the Irish Times seems to think this is the team that will start. I can only hope their sauces are way off.

Kearney, Bowe, O'Driscoll, D'Arcy, Fitzgerald, Sexton, Reddan; Healy, Best, Court, O'Callaghan, O'Driscoll, Ferris, Wallace, Heaslip: Subs; Cronin, Hayes, Toner, Leamy, Stringer, O'Gara, Earls.
The same team humbled by a poor SA team... If this is the team to start I despair.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

I had to go to the IT site just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

MOD and Reddan...don't know whether to laugh or cry.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

To play against:

Team:

T Woodcock, H Elliot, O Franks, B Thorn, T Donnelly, J Kaino, R McCaw (capt), K Read, A Ellis, D Carter, H Gear, M Nonu, C Smith, C Jane, M Muliaina.

Replacements: A Hore, J Afoa, A Boric, L Messam, A Mathewson, S Donald, SB Williams.

If Reddan starts....................................................................despair
If Micko starts......................................................................WTF
If Sexton starts.................................................................... its a sign that Deccie didn't like ROG speaking the truth
If Bull Hayes is on the bench.................................................... I will have been correct but take absolutely no joy in the fact, Deccie has backed himself into this one & I just hope the big man doesn't get humiliated, I still hope he can give something from the bench.
If Wallace starts................................................................... I think Deccie will have missed a trick in not shifting Ferris to 7 and brought Leamy in for this fight.
If the "Front 5" replacements are as written................................ We are going backwards, I'd have Varley & Nagle in there as soon as possible.
If Stringer & ROG don't start.................................................... are our coaching team blind?

No matter what team is selected this is a game we are not going to win. :(

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Back to my original post, if this is the team I'm only annoyed about 2 things, Best and Ferris are involved. Hopefully we'll see Wallace and Trimble in the White of Ulster on Sunday! :cheers:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:Back to my original post, if this is the team I'm only annoyed about 2 things, Best and Ferris are involved. Hopefully we'll see Wallace and Trimble in the White of Ulster on Sunday! :cheers:
Would doubt it as they will keep them for training for next week against Argies
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Cormac wrote:Unbelievably the Irish Times seems to think this is the team that will start. I can only hope their sauces are way off.

The same team humbled by a poor SA team... If this is the team to start I despair.
The only Irish player who could make a significant difference to the team that capitulated against RSA is POC. Too many of the "golden generation" are becoming the grey generation. David Wallace, BOD, D’Arcy, MOK, Hayes, Hickey, et al are all either gone or past their best. Ireland need to discover some new world class players or slip back to our ‘natural position’ around 7 or 8 in the world. Personally, I don’t see where those players are coming from. The players who are being talked up currently are not even close so it’s not a bright future.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

I honestly don't know why we're surprised any more... He is EOS.

I still get a feeling this one will be much closer than many think...
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Playing Reddan would be a joke. If you want a light guy (like Reddan) then play Flinger with the amazing pass and trip tackles. If you don't want that then play Boss with the physicality.
Play Geordan who is in class form. Play Leo for physicality.
I am getting to sound like Trainspotting here! but you know what I mean....
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

You almost had me with you until you mentioned Geordan........ :roll:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

well we are in for a rough time on Saturday. thas an unbelievable All blacks team. all we can do is hope for a gale and lots and lots of rain ifwe are to get within 30 points of this team. its shows gho much they respect Ireand though as this is the closest they have had to best 15 XV they have
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

darkside lightside wrote:I honestly don't know why we're surprised any more... He is EOS.RUBBISH, but I am getting worried that for a man who has always claimed to select on form that he...........err............well...........isn't :?

I still get a feeling this one will be much closer than many think... On this, you could well be right :shock:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

B.O.H.I.C.A
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Hayes starts- Ill be disgusted
Reddan starts- Ill be raging
Sexton starts- Ill be angry
Buckley starts- Ill be annoyed

Any other of the possible combinations I reckon are fair enough, the goal of this game has to be to keep the score sensible. Happened to be at Murrayfield last week, do not want to go through the misery that the Scots did!