Suggestion Box

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

abit like banning intercourse
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
McPepper
Initiate

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by McPepper »

Just a question but will u be changing the logo at the top of the Forums as 3 of the players are gone?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

McPepper wrote:Just a question but will u be changing the logo at the top of the Forums as 3 of the players are gone?
Yes but new season not started yet :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterInDublin
Novice

Post by UlsterInDublin »

Hi,
Congrats on the new site, its looking good. Can i make one suggestion- the print size is quite small on a lot of pages- example would be ravenhill nights, yer man in the stand. it just seems very small! quite difficult to read, especially on a laptop...all else is great!! :salut:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Current text is standard web site size for many websites these days. Any bigger would be too big for people with smaller screen resolutions.
Try pressing 'CTRL' and '+' key together to increase text size. The site format should remain the same just get bigger.
'CTRL' and '-' together to decrease.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Tapatalk compatibility?
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Great suggestion. :thumleft:

I have activated tapatalk on the forum, so the UAFC messageboard is now available in a mobile format for a wide range of mobile phones.

The app is available for the iphone, Android, Windows7, WebOs, Blackberry & Nokia phones. For the Blackberry it's currently a free download, for others it seems to be $2-$3 to download. After some UAT, it seems to work fairly well, although some functionality is not available. Give it a try!

Search for UAFC in the search box :red:
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

fermain wrote:Great suggestion. :thumleft:

I have activated tapatalk on the forum, so the UAFC messageboard is now available in a mobile format for a wide range of mobile phones.

The app is available for the iphone, Android, Windows7, WebOs, Blackberry & Nokia phones. For the Blackberry it's currently a free download, for others it seems to be $2-$3 to download. After some UAT, it seems to work fairly well, although some functionality is not available. Give it a try!

"No matches found ... did you mean UFC?" is message I get on searching for the app on iphone :scratch:

I did however find Rugby Fans - Ulster, but before I splash out my £1.19, is this the same app ?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Lanzaman wrote:

"No matches found ... did you mean UFC?" is message I get on searching for the app on iphone :scratch:

I did however find Rugby Fans - Ulster, but before I splash out my £1.19, is this the same app ?
http://www.tapatalk.com/
It is working on Blackberry and Android

Search UAFC all in upper case Lanza.
Bottom of list on left at present so it is registered
http://www.tapatalk.com/network.php
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

Rooster wrote:
Lanzaman wrote:

http://www.tapatalk.com/
It is working on Blackberry and Android

Search UAFC all in upper case Lanza.
Bottom of list on left at present so it is registered
http://www.tapatalk.com/network.php
Cheers Rooster - I didn't realise that it was the actual 'tapatalk' app that I had to download - I was searching directly for a UAFC App :roll:

Now sorted :thumleft:
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Rugby Fans Ulster on the iPhone app store is just an app someone has written to scrape various information that is freely available from other locations. No need to get this as you can do the same with any RSS feed reader.

On iPhone app store the free version of Tapatalk which is read only is temporarily unavailable & will be back on 1st Dec.

I've just downloaded the paid version of Tapatalk supporting read & write for £1.79 - its excellent - far better than using the browser! :salut: :thumleft:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I agree, it looks good on android, and while not uafc 'skinned' it represents the forums and threads effectivly
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

uafc1.jpg
uafc1.jpg (21.73 KiB) Viewed 4218 times
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Blackberry version is just plain text at present but suppose when they get full release and you pay for it will be similar.
Rory Best
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Thanks for that, the ordinary site works okay from a Hero, but this is a lot handier.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean