Why did our season nearly crash against Bath

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Re: Why did our season nearly crash against Bath

Post by backawaygoonahead »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote: Welder - hate to bring it up - schoolboy error I'm afraid "there's was also called due to weather" :oops:
balls - feel such a numb-nuts.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: love the new avatar :D

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

backawaygoonahead wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: love the new avatar :D
can't help thinking you could do with one... let me know if i can assist in this matter...

we do all sorts here at welder inc - and your 80x80 pixel image is just one of those services...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Much of what you are saying Goon MAY be right! Yes if we had won and were breathing down Munster's necks and we may not have had any rustiness during the Bath game etc etc. On the other hand what would the outcome of the Bath game have been had we played Dragons and lost? Would the team have had the confidence and the gonads to fight back from 15-3 deficit? Would our Magners season have been on a rocky road because we had lost to Dragons at home - a game that, if, we are to mount a serious challenge for the top 4 we should be winning?

To many ifs!!!
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Rule13b
Novice

Post by Rule13b »

Key word in question is Nearly it didnt. Thought a lot of credit to the team in coming back from 15-3 down. Not a classic and a disappointing result considering the dominance for long periods and the amount of possesion but I reckon mos suppoortes would have settled for a one point victory and Four EC points.
Whats the point in crying over what might have happened. They won, Biarritz were beaten and now they know that a win at Bath could be tremendous boost to our season.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Rule13b wrote:Key word in question is Nearly it didnt. Thought a lot of credit to the team in coming back from 15-3 down. Not a classic and a disappointing result considering the dominance for long periods and the amount of possesion but I reckon mos suppoortes would have settled for a one point victory and Four EC points.
Whats the point in crying over what might have happened. They won, Biarritz were beaten and now they know that a win at Bath could be tremendous boost to our season.
Rule - was the post too long for you ? :shock:

The Bath result is only a part of the issue discussed.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Bring Humph On!! wrote:Much of what you are saying Goon MAY be right! Yes if we had won and were breathing down Munster's necks and we may not have had any rustiness during the Bath game etc etc. On the other hand what would the outcome of the Bath game have been had we played Dragons and lost? Would the team have had the confidence and the gonads to fight back from 15-3 deficit? Would our Magners season have been on a rocky road because we had lost to Dragons at home - a game that, if, we are to mount a serious challenge for the top 4 we should be winning?

To many ifs!!!
Bring, why don't you add a C - you will find you can do plenty with Cif. Hope this helps.

The answer to the possibility you raise is of course:
On the other hand what would the outcome of the Bath game have been had we played Dragons and lost?
Are you crazy Bring, the Dragons couldn't bate our Aggie away from Rodders. We would have blitzed their little wasp-like jerseys & sent them homeward tae recover from their bruises.
My friend, we are vastly superior to the Dragons it is a potential 5 points, whenever played. They have been absolutely horsed to death in every away game this season barring a win at the Ospreys against the Os weakest team of the season. Their other results are :

40-17 at Connacht
43-21 at Blues
20-13 at Treviso
27-6 at Leinster

In summary it was a 5 pointer missed which would have done so much for our season & preparation for Bath home.

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: love the new avatar :D
can't help thinking you could do with one... let me know if i can assist in this matter...

we do all sorts here at welder inc - and your 80x80 pixel image is just one of those services...
Nice offer Welder but I'm pretty happy with the avatar - makes me feel warm all over & indeed I occasionally crack a fat when I see it.

As to the other enterprises Welder Inc might help me with - this is a little tricky but I'm considering a murder - no one specific at present, just want to see if I can get away with it. The odds seem pretty good with Mr Plod too busy raising revenue by hiding in ditches with a speed gun to worry about crime.

Anyway back to my murder plan, could you help with a few sets of those white crime scene overalls, a throw away pistol with all markings suitably removed with acid & perhaps 2 or 3 sets of number plates and maybe some prostitute who would be willing to provide an alibi for a small consideration - money I mean not my kidney wiper ? Failing a willing harlot maybe you would know of some patsy who I could frame should the need arise ?

I not fussed about the type of gun - doesn't need to be a sniper rifle or anything like that - where is the pleasure in that I ask you, I mean its fine for Medal of Honour when you are picking off Nazis from high up on Groningen Bridge but not in real life surely - I'm probably going to sneak up on someone so the type doesn't matter but of course if you have any experience in such matters I will take advice - I would be a complete murder novice. :wink:

If you can help let me know the pick up arrangements and of course your best price for the services rendered.

WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Just to cheer one and all up, looking like butch James will be fit for some sort of role on Saturday.
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Cormac wrote:Thomond doesn't have undersoil heating. However, up to that point, there'd been no snow in Limerick so they only had to cope with frost.
I work with a guy from Waterford, a Munster fanatic, he's convinced there was under soil heating installed during the 'renovations' at Thomond.

Are you suggesting a Munster fan would be telling porky pies? :shock:
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

It seems that noone's really sure re. undersoil heating
http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/forum_ ... 3265&TPN=2

Had a look round the Thomond Park website and found nothing to suggest there was (or wasn't) undersoil heating.
Follow me on Twitter
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

There`s enough hot air down there to keep the pitch well thawed out, especially the pungent stuff which emanates from the Shannon clubhouse >TT
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

moondance wrote:I work with a guy from Waterford, a Munster fanatic, he's convinced there was under soil heating installed during the 'renovations' at Thomond.
The company who built the new stands, (P J Hegarty), are a client of mine & I was lucky enough to visit the site several times during construction. One of the biggest challenges during construction was that they were not allowed on the pitch at all, so unless someone very cleverly managed to sneak the heating in via a tunnel from outside, then there is no undersoil heating >TB
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

No undersoil heating in Thomond
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

what times the snow due to hit today?
i was expecting to wake up and see a sheet of white - wasnt to be...
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

There was apparently a feature on Ulster tonight on the rugby club.

Is there any chance someone could put a vid up of it???

Would be much appreciated