Bath away

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Bath away

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

One of the nicest places I've been to. People spot on too, if a little bemused by the Ulster accent and constant singing. But its a proper rugby town. Last year, we took over the bar across the river, facing the Rec. Their supporters were bemused when they walked in an hour before K.O., to be greeted to about 100 Ulster supporters inside and out. (Huntsmans? Can't really remember! lol!) And the Cornish Pasties are worth the trip alone.
We took their main bar over after the match, Ulster flags awavin' as we drank their bar dry. But the Bath people are good sports and up for it.0
Stayin in Bristol (flyin in on Easy jet Fri morning) and getting bus at the back of the Premier Inn on Sat. morning, just like last year, Weather permitting.
A trip to the Baths is a must, btw.
Exterminate all rational thought
The Ulsterian
Initiate

Post by The Ulsterian »

Weather for weekend not good, with snow forecast here on Thur and Bristol/Bath on Fri.
Saturday in bath no snow but Baltic

Weather in Bath on Sat (from metcheck.com)
6:00 to 9:00 -8°C feeling like -12°C Mainly Clear
9:00 to 12:00 -4°C feeling like -8°C Fair
12:00 to 15:00 -4°C feeling like -9°C Sunny
15:00 to 18:00 -4°C feeling like -12°C Sunny
18:00 to 24:00 -8°C feeling like -12°C Clear
son of ulster
Novice

Post by son of ulster »

Hi folks, I need 1 seated ticket for Bath on Sat. Got a terrace ticket for one very well known senior lady Ulster supporter, but unfortunately at moment she needs to be seated. Can anyone help us out? Dont want to leave her in the bar all day in case she drinks all the Cointreau!!
born an ulsterman, will die an ulsterman
but not for a long time yet I hope !
The Ulsterian
Initiate

Post by The Ulsterian »

:sad: :sad:
Sleasyjet flight to Bristol at 0850 is cancelled

Problem is at Aldergrove, the inward flight from Bristol was checked in and other flights from bristol have taken off.
Nothing in or out of Aldergrove yet, quite a number is cancelled.

More snow forecast

Looks like no Bath for me.

Just on the news Belfast city and international closed.

:sad: :sad:
ali c
Warrior

Post by ali c »

What do you reckon the chances are of tomorrow mornings Sleazyjet flight to Bristol going, and going on time.

I'm having a little Brussles deja vu moment.... :banghead:
baldeagle09
Initiate

Post by baldeagle09 »

Morning Ali,
Will keep an eye out for you tomorrow ...that's if the match is played at Bath...Nightmare drive last night but clear south of border...Heading down to Bath on train from South Wales
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Baaaa was diverted to dublin from us. No snow down here lol. Meant to be flyin outa belfast on the 5.30 to bristol. Keep us updated lads

Cheers

D
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

As our Aldergrove flight was cancelled have transferred to the 9.55 Easyjet flight tomorrow morning. Arrives 11.00

2 of us will be getting a taxi direct to Bath, if there are 2 more willing to share the fare drop me a private message.

About 19 miles - so I am guessing £40
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Ardglass2 wrote:As our Aldergrove flight was cancelled have transferred to the 9.55 Easyjet flight tomorrow morning. Arrives 11.00

2 of us will be getting a taxi direct to Bath, if there are 2 more willing to share the fare drop me a private message.

About 19 miles - so I am guessing £40
Ardglass - just spoke to a decent bloke at Prokabs (Bristol airport) 01275 474 812
HE quoted £40 for a cab, so ur spot on, they have 8-seaters for about £60 into Bath
and he said the driver might even do it for a little bit less on the day .. keep their number

Rang couple of others .. not even answering ... good luck
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Thanks - IF we get of the ground I'll go armed with some numbers so I can't book it just before take off
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

anyone got a contact no I can ring easyjet. can't get through to Bel Intnl. baaaaaaaaaaaa
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

againstthehead wrote:anyone got a contact no I can ring easyjet. can't get through to Bel Intnl. baaaaaaaaaaaa
0871 244 2366 .. 10p a minute from a landline
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

The big problem for Aldergrove appears to be fog - doesn't look good to be honest.

Is nothing simple :duh:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Taxi availability very good @ Bristol airport. They take credit/debit cards too
ali c
Warrior

Post by ali c »

baldeagle09 wrote:Morning Ali,
Will keep an eye out for you tomorrow ...that's if the match is played at Bath...Nightmare drive last night but clear south of border...Heading down to Bath on train from South Wales
I feel I am making a meal of getting to December away fixtures a bit of an artform!

Watch this space.......