What if Ulster grounded?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

The Ulsterian
Initiate

Re: What if Ulster grounded?

Post by The Ulsterian »

"we're getting a bus to Dublin, not sure whether flying or ferry! Fingers crossed flying!!" - ihumph

Hopefully flying, cause weather in Wales not too good either.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

AyeYerMa wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:Belfast City Airport apparently open - Cork flight landing soon. Looks like they may get away or not if they are off to Dublin

ATIS is still quoting field closed until 15.30z.
Said on news it is closed again.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BFS wrote:Important Travel Information update 2:30pm

Severe weather

Belfast International Airport is still experiencing severe snow storms and as a result all flights remain suspended.

Staff are working continuously to clear the runways and taxi ways however snow showers are expected to continue for the rest of the afternoon.

We will review the situation again at 4:00pm.
If you are due to travel today please contact your airline for an update on your flight status
Everything looks like it's being cancelled at BHD too.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Ulster Fortress
Novice

Post by Ulster Fortress »

Bristol Airport reporting that Easy Jet flight 17.30 cancelled , although not on Easy Jet site yet
cbusbyni
Novice

Post by cbusbyni »

Both of todays flights cancelled on the Bristol arrivals board- things not looking good at all. What do we reckon the chances of the 10am flight being on time tomorrow is- worth changing the seats over or taking the refund? We certainly couldn't afford it to be delayed more than 30 mins or so! Depressed but starting to think it might be time to give up unfortunately...
BUZZ2491
Novice

Post by BUZZ2491 »

Depressed also but going to gatecrash party at Culloden lol. wanna go?
Ulster Fortress
Novice

Post by Ulster Fortress »

Have taken the refund, tomorrows flight too tight , and snow forecast in Bath tomorrow .

Will have to win without us .
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, flight cancelled and won't let me rearrange for tomorrow morning :)
any ideas?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Getting the overnight ferry from Belfast to Liverpool, then the train from Liverpool Lime street down to Bath is the only thing I can think of, though would probably be quite steep. Hope there are a good few other exiles going, or else we're going to be seriously in the minority.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

againstthehead wrote:baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, flight cancelled and won't let me rearrange for tomorrow morning :)
any ideas?
If still in Dublin take Ryanair tonight
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

The Ulsterian wrote:"we're getting a bus to Dublin, not sure whether flying or ferry! Fingers crossed flying!!" - ihumph

Hopefully flying, cause weather in Wales not too good either.

Living on Anglesey,no snow around Holyhead, 10 miles further on from there,there is a lot of snow but there is no problem on the A55,the rest of North Wales has been hit pretty hard,but the A55 thru it should be find,maybe icy roads at times but they do concentrate on the A55 to the detriment of other roads,my only word of warning is that the North Wales police take a fundamentalist approach to speeding,don't risk it as they actually hide the cameras in horseboxes etc . if you need any futher info let me know re N Wales.Oh and don't forget there will be a lot of freight lorries hogging down that road as well.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Rooster wrote:
againstthehead wrote:baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, flight cancelled and won't let me rearrange for tomorrow morning :)
any ideas?
If still in Dublin take Ryanair tonight
baa, gonna cost couple of hundred yo yos and my mate up in Belfast. Too much hassle and cost. Gonna have to sit this one out methinks :(. Gutted.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
ali c
Warrior

Post by ali c »

Via facebook:

Ulster have travelled to Dublin in the hope of securing a flight which will allow them to play their Heineken Cup game against Bath tomorrow.

So if Ulster had a charter standing by at Aldergrove (according to Bath site), and are away to Dublin in the hope of securing a flight, they must be pretty damn sure the airport is not going to open...
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

not a spec of snow at dublin airport earlier - in fact totally clear up until banbridge. Should be no issue, if bristol is okay.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

1f just tweeter he was heading to the gate...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman