Team v Turnips

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Re: Team v Turnips

Post by againstthehead »

Yoda wrote:Personally I think this team selection makes a lot of sense - not total sense as there a few calls I'd quibble with but its almost there

We had a big game 5 days ago (yes we played pants but it happens) and we have another "must be a 5 pointer" in 6 days. The week after that we have our biggest game for manys a year - our big guns need to be fresh and ready for these games. Lets give the young guys a lash and see how they do - even if we bring home nothing (and there's not too many teams who do leave Munster with anything), we're still in the top 4 (if we win our game in hand).
agree 100%. I'd argue that BJ should have been given a complete rest and not sent down at all. However, if we're within touch with 20 to go, what a player to bring on...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

C'MON ULSTER :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

If we start strong and dont concede easy points we have a chance to grind something out of this game, even a losing bonus point would be nice.
Why? Why not?
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

grind me Brennan. This is a side picked to throw the ball about. It's all or nothing methinks. Let's get the off-loads going!!! Destined to end in misery but I reckon we may have some fun along the way...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Against - I admire your sense of expectation but can't share it. Call me negative but I can't shake the feeling of being like a dead man walking as ko approaches. Optimism level is currently at zero.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Shem
Novice

Post by Shem »

Anyone know when the Caveman is due back?
Shem.

Come on Ulster!!!
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

no BJ on bench?????

crocked?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

againstthehead wrote:no BJ on bench?????

crocked?
He has an allery to turnips
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Red Hand Hero wrote:
Rooster wrote:
againstthehead wrote:no BJ on bench?????

crocked?
He has an allery to turnips
Glad to see in fairness, Munster's scrum is not something we should be overly concerned about even if they bring Buckley on Court and Cronin are strong enough scrummagers to cope.
It defys all logic and really throws the whole importance of the scrum bit when you look how bad Munsters is and when you compare that to where they lie in the Magners, in fact it really goes against all logic that they should have such a lead at the top :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best