Redevelopment

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Redevelopment

Post by Big-al »

Where does Ulster play when this staidum (or stands) is being erected?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Ravenhill.

I'm fairly sure they plan to repeat the procedure when the Premier stand was built over the Terrace. They will schedule away games towards one end of the season to allow work to be pretty much completed whilre the ground is unused. By only building one stand at a time the process could be completed over a period of three seasons.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen a plan yet.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen a plan yet.
Maybe you just haven't looked in the right place yet. :wink:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Thinking about it.

New changing facilities are to be in an End Stand. Until it is known if there is to be one or two End Stands then the location of these facilities could not be confirmed. Plans for the 4 sided option will have been produced at least for the representations to Govt. for funding and probably also for planning purposes.

I would not expect a publicity release of these until these processes have ran their course however.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Maybe you just haven't looked in the right place yet. :wink:
There are many, many places I haven't looked Grumps..........any suggestions?
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

pm me your email address.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Came across this document:-

http://minutes.belfastcity.gov.uk/Publi ... ocA.ps.pdf

I'm sure its been talked about anyway on here, but basically answers all the original questions I had! :red:

18,200 Capacity....happy days.

Some interesting points about individual stand capacitys, Bar locations and Magners League Final hosting!! :lol:
UlsterManiac
Novice

Post by UlsterManiac »

HammerTime wrote:Came across this document:-

I'm sure its been talked about anyway on here, but basically answers all the original questions I had! :red:

Some interesting points about individual stand capacitys, Bar locations and Magners League Final hosting!! :lol:

Is there a minimum capacity for home Heineken Cup QFs and SFs? As far as i remeber a 20,000 stadium was needed for a SF, is there minimum for a QF???
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Don't think it matters what capacity for the home QF but yea 20k for SF, AFAIK.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

I heard over New Year that tenders were drawn up with the intention that the Aquinas end would start construction in March 2011.
New Aquinas stand with changing rooms and TV control room etc underneath. The North stand would get started asap when games finish for the summer and by the start of 2011 season the Aquinas end would be finished (allowing normal North stand ticket holders to move to Aquinas end temporarily, with the New North stand seating finished by Christmas. Promenade would not be effected at any stage.
That was the idea but obviously that's now up in the air due to the politicians.
That came from a contractor not Ulster rugby. :cowboy:
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

UlsterManiac wrote:

Is there a minimum capacity for home Heineken Cup QFs and SFs? As far as i remeber a 20,000 stadium was needed for a SF, is there minimum for a QF???
The home team picks the HEC QF venue and there is no minimum capacity but the ERC now picks the SF venue.

However even if Ravenhill was 20k, there is no chance of it being used for a HEC SF as it would be far too small. In the last 5 years, every HEC SF except one has had over 30k people and the average has been 38k. The competition has outgrown 20k venues for SFs. If Ulster ever get a "home" SF, it will be in Lansdowne Road.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

mikerob wrote:
UlsterManiac wrote:

The home team picks the HEC QF venue and there is no minimum capacity but the ERC now picks the SF venue.

However even if Ravenhill was 20k, there is no chance of it being used for a HEC SF as it would be far too small. In the last 5 years, every HEC SF except one has had over 30k people and the average has been 38k. The competition has outgrown 20k venues for SFs.
Not only that but as far as I am aware if you get a "home" semi that means it is in your country but cannot be at your home ground e.g. Leinster can't play at RDS but could play at the Aviva. In fact no Irish province would in reality play anywhere but the Aviva - Thomond Park is the only other possiible rugby ground @ 20K plus but why would Leinster or Ulster go there rather than Aviva? The ERC rules state:
the Semi-Finals will be played at a venue designated by ERC, with the opponentsin each match determined by a draw conducted by ERC.
however the way it works in practice is as I outlined above.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

HammerTime wrote:Came across this document:-

good spot - and if this ever gets delivered, then well done to the UB. One thing this doesn't tell us is how much it will cost, and how it's being funded?
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

mikerob wrote:
UlsterManiac wrote:

However even if Ravenhill was 20k, there is no chance of it being used for a HEC SF as it would be far too small. In the last 5 years, every HEC SF except one has had over 30k people and the average has been 38k. The competition has outgrown 20k venues for SFs. If Ulster ever get a "home" SF, it will be in Lansdowne Road.
The home team in the semi-final draw can't play at their designated home venue anyway. Toulouse manage to get away with designating their 20k Ernest Wallon stadium as their home venue despite rarely playing HEC matches there.

Playing a home qf at a bigger venue also means that the home team gets a bigger cut of the gate, 70:30 split as opposed to 50:50. Away team usually agrees as the 30% of the bigger gate usually means more revenue.