6 Nations Squad

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Rule13b
Novice

Re: 6 Nations Squad

Post by Rule13b »

According to IRFU site BUCKLEY in Wolfhounds squad. Judging from his last game with them at Ravenhill he will be a disaster and not even trying.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

backawaygoonahead wrote:I am not at all bothered about Spence being unlisted. I want to see hom play for Ulster against Ospreys & Scarlets so lets keep his and our powder dry.

The ML games during the 6Ns will be crucial to Ulster's season, Kidney was never going to pick Spence for the main squad & after all Nevin has only just broken into the team no matter how impressive he has been. Let him star for Ulster.
Gooner

the experience would do him the world of good. One back left open and the Wolfies are 4th Feb and ospreys away 13th Feb, so I would like to think the A players will be released back in time.

ps Gooner still speaking mate, and ever the optimist for this Q/F :banghead:

Think i've hit my head of that wall to many times he he.
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

SparkyClarky wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:I am not at all bothered about Spence being unlisted. I want to see hom play for Ulster against Ospreys & Scarlets so lets keep his and our powder dry.

The ML games during the 6Ns will be crucial to Ulster's season, Kidney was never going to pick Spence for the main squad & after all Nevin has only just broken into the team no matter how impressive he has been. Let him star for Ulster.
Gooner

the experience would do him the world of goodIrrespective of my own wishes, DK isn't likely to pick a player with a handful of games - goes against his natural instincts . One back left open and the Wolfies are 4th Feb and ospreys away 13th Feb, so I would like to think the A players will be released back in time.

ps Gooner still speaking mate, and ever the optimist for this Q/F :banghead: Yes thank you, I still have the power of speech, nice of you to ask. Optimism not required for the weekend - a QF is guaranteed - we are too good for the worst team in the ML. If you mean a home QF - no chance

Think i've hit my head of that wall to many times he he.Don't stop on my account.
By the I'm waiting patiently for your promised change of avitar - which of my publicity shots do you plan to use?

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Jackie Brown wrote:Where's Mike Galwey, Simon Easterby and Anthony Foley???? Not impressed
Gaillimh & Axel are in Limerick usually & Simon is in LLanelli. Hope this helps.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Where's Mike Galwey, Simon Easterby and Anthony Foley???? Not impressed
Gaillimh & Axel are in Limerick usually & Simon is in LLanelli. Hope this helps.
Galwey lives in Kilkenny and would spend most of his time there and Foley is a proud Clareman so would spend most of his time in that wonderful county. :)

Easterby is a different matter and I will take your word for it.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Gooner
By the I'm waiting patiently for your promised change of avitar - which of my publicity shots do you plan to use?
What about the one wife you & Mrs Gooner from your facebook page?

By the way I was only having a laugh before you got all sensitive and googley on me!

C'Mon ULSTER!!! :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

As is usual with these squads until the matchday 22 is announced there is a limit to what you can say.

What I would say is that Hayes will also be in the RWC squad which is based on £ than anything I'd say. DK's hands are tied by a 350k+ a year contract.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hayes is on the bench for the 6N games. If he is then we can say the IRFU are more interested in money than rugby. Mind you I don't need any extra proof of that.

DK does not operate without constraints in my opinion. This is one of the large issues of Irish rugby which always led to crazy selection decisions in the past but which has no place in the modern game. Unfortunately the IRFU, like a lot of Irish institutions, aren't interested in what is the best thing to do with the exception of what is best for the inner sanctum.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
mikeyjoe
Novice

Post by mikeyjoe »

For fecks sake why o why is Kidney naming MOD,in the 6 nations squad,id rather he named Toner,and i dont rate him either
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

No Kieran Brookes either
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Would imagine that the Wolfhound squad and the 1st team squad will see a lot of movement between each other similar to last year hence the deckchair Buckley will be in the 6Nations squad.....if this is what lies ahead of us going into the RWC we will be lucky to get out of the group, either Ross has to come into the squad or Tom Court move to TH....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
mikeyjoe
Novice

Post by mikeyjoe »

Surely the 6nations is a platform to build for the world cup,i think you could be right scrum ,about getting out of the group.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikeyjoe wrote:Surely the 6nations is a platform to build for the world cup,i think you could be right scrum ,about getting out of the group.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
TheChairman
Novice

Post by TheChairman »

Well well. No real surprises in this squad. I'm just glad I'm not an Ireland supporter. I can see Scotland spoiling the party once again - here's hoping anyway. DK is as predictable as an Emmerdale storyline. :lol:
Fair fa ya tae Ravenhill.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

TheChairman wrote:Well well. No real surprises in this squad. I'm just glad I'm not an Ireland supporter. I can see Scotland spoiling the party once again - here's hoping anyway. DK is as predictable as an Emmerdale storyline. :lol:
auch aye the troll
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

The way I see it, is that both squads have players in contention for a place in the Irish team in the 6N, and hopefully DK's selection will see a very competitive attitude from all players on Fri & Sat from both teams. Especially with the likes of Touhy chomping at the bit, this could give DOC & MOD a kick up the ar$e. I reckon on a fair bit of movement between the squads as the 6N progresses.