Redevelopment

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Starsky
Initiate

Re: Redevelopment

Post by Starsky »

Who is Cllr Robinson?
One does not simply walk into Ulster
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Starsky wrote:Who is Cllr Robinson?

Gareth?
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

....and Cllr Robinson is an Ulster Rugby season ticket holder himself.....!
Did he pay for it ?
Did he claim expenses :duck:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Almost certainly a self-important graduate of the Belfast School of Jumping on all available Bandwagons.

The fact of the matter is that Ulster Rugby has and is doing all it can to make the in & outs at Ravenhill as good as they can do for residents. After the Biarritz game the bar closed ridiculously early given that there was a fairly decent crowd remaining who would happily have parted with more of their hard earned cash.

They have stewards preventing people leaving with plastic pint glasses. They run the park & ride schemes.

There will always be a few residents who will complain about everything that happens in what they perceive as "their territory" & of course plenty of politicians who wish to be seen to be doing all that they can for their constituents, irrespective of belief in the issue.

As UR said in a recent article that 2 of the 3 stands have approval, with what they do do resolve issues for residents as much as is in their power I would be astonished if they done get the third approved. I just hope there is no nonsense over licencing issues because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE A WEE SWALLY TO CELEBRATE and we are going to celebrate much more over the next few years as the past few. :wink:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

3 stands have approval? Do we know which 3 stands? Any further re the funding? Is the 20mil still there or has that been shelved?
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:3 stands have approval? Do we know which 3 stands? Any further re the funding? Is the 20mil still there or has that been shelved?
The one that is already built plus carpark end and old stand, capacity 15K slipped in under the radar when new stand was being built.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
The fact of the matter is that Ulster Rugby has and is doing all it can to make the in & outs at Ravenhill as good as they can do for residents. After the Biarritz game the bar closed ridiculously early given that there was a fairly decent crowd remaining who would happily have parted with more of their hard earned cash.

They have stewards preventing people leaving with plastic pint glasses. They run the park & ride schemes.

It should also be noted that the Grounds staff are out at 7am the day after a match to pick up any stray rubbish along Onslow and Mount Merrion, including any litter that may have been deposited in people's gardens. You don't get that with Irish League Football teams... and you certainly don't get it as quick as the following day after the 11th/12th July celebrations.

People are often complaining for the sake of it. Ulster Rugby have bent over backwards to accommodate for the residents - with free tickets, amongst other things - but the residents are set upon their own agenda, and are worried that Ravenhill may be used for other sports due to the modernity of the proposals.
:roll:
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

Snipe I think ur posts are way off the mark but well answered by J Brown. In reality theres always people who will find something to moan about. Snipe you talk of UR getting better in some of your other posts but how are we meant to attract better players, more specators and bigger sponsors if we dont improve our facilities. What the local residents are doing is just trying to up the stakes and insure the best pay off available
LTHG
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:3 stands have approval? Do we know which 3 stands? Any further re the funding? Is the 20mil still there or has that been shelved?
The one that is already built plus carpark end and old stand, capacity 15K slipped in under the radar when new stand was being built.
As Rooster says plus they want to change the car park stand and the money is available.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
The one that is already built plus car park end and old stand, capacity 15K slipped in under the radar when new stand was being built.
As Rooster says plus they want to change the car park stand and the money is available.
It will be great to be rid of the embarrassing pigeon lofts at the Aquinas end - wonder how much was wasted on those disgusting pieces of architecture? Whoever designed them needs a boot in the clinkers.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Taking a liberty calling it architecture! More of an abomination really
golfie
Novice

Post by golfie »

Jackie Brown wrote:Yeah but there were also games with 30000+. To move in next to a rugby ground and then complain when it is to be used, silly. As some one else said, I doubt whether it is the Mount Merrion residents complaining, it'll be the upper middle class twits on the Onslow side getting all high and mighty with their 'residents association'. Love how the SF counsellors get involved too... ar$e holes.

Oi - we are not all middle class twits and thanks for quoting me, saves me blunting my fingers typing it in here.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

golfie wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Yeah but there were also games with 30000+. To move in next to a rugby ground and then complain when it is to be used, silly. As some one else said, I doubt whether it is the Mount Merrion residents complaining, it'll be the upper middle class twits on the Onslow side getting all high and mighty with their 'residents association'. Love how the SF counsellors get involved too... ar$e holes.

Oi - we are not all middle class twits and thanks for quoting me, saves me blunting my fingers typing it in here.
:thumright:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
ulster-t-i-d
Novice

Post by ulster-t-i-d »

i think I remember that the 'pigeon loft' at the Aquinas end only cost about 200k to build and was expected to have payed for itself within 3-4 years of being opened.
Also, it was necessary at the time to give Ravenhill the required provision of facilities for disabled fans so while it may not be an architectural masterpiece it has served its purpose.
Me on Twitter
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

ulster-t-i-d wrote:i think I remember that the 'pigeon loft' at the Aquinas end only cost about 200k to build and was expected to have payed for itself within 3-4 years of being opened.
Also, it was necessary at the time to give Ravenhill the required provision of facilities for disabled fans so while it may not be an architectural masterpiece it has served its purpose.
If you are going to let facts get in the way of slagging UR you wont last long on here :D