TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

backawaygoonahead wrote:Simply put Mr Moore hasn't much to offer as a poster, I can't recall the last time I read one of his posts on any subject and thought, you know what - that is spot on. Then when he tries to be the hard lad - well its just pitiful :duh:
Some times you can be quite insightful, Goonhead, but sometimes you are just so far from the mark :roll:

As for your man lovesthehardwhatsit, he knows as much about rugby as he as he does about lemmings :wink:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I think the reference you were looking for gonad was one of my old colleague's - a certain Mr Wilde. A critic is someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. But then it is hard to beat a good education and you have obviously missed out on one.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
The Fonz
Novice

Post by The Fonz »

Right the lot of you, get back on topic and stop the bitching at each other or I will transfer the lot of you to the sin bin for 10 days, and no smart remarks about this post either or same will happen :twisted:
Keep Cool 8)
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Right where are we now in the transfer rumours, McComish, Carr,Sandford, Brookes,Andress and Stevenson,are the names that were being bandied around,which are dead certs and which have fallen by the wayside,
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Right where are we now in the transfer rumours, McComish, Carr,Sandford, Brookes,Andress and Stevenson,are the names that were being bandied around,which are dead certs and which have fallen by the wayside,
For Ulster to build on this years HC success none of the above, we should be looking for players who will challenge our starting 23 not those on the fringes......
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

So who would you add to the squad scrum 5? I think it's going to be difficult to add quality that is IQ and given that we don't have any NIQ spaces available, what options are we left with? I think Carr would be a signing, Jennings was mentioned on here before, I don't know if there was any substance to that rumour but if we could sign him that would be a super signing.

It seems that over in Swansea contracts don't mean very much and with the current exodus would tommy be tempted by the right offer?
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

scrum5 wrote:
For Ulster to build on this years HC success none of the above, we should be looking for players who will challenge our starting 23 not those on the fringes......

Have you heard any rumours then,
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Jennings was mentioned on here before,
hope you mean Kevin McLaughlin, with BJ supposedly going (though I hope not) that would free up an NIQ spot along with the wages that he is reported to be on, Carr would a be an adequate replacement for SD and would free up another NIQ spot though I believe SD has another year left on his contract, with Diack qualifying for Ireland this year there will be another opening for a project player and with all our Saffers maybe they could recommend an up and coming second rower as there seems to be a dearth of them.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

scrum5 wrote:
Jennings was mentioned on here before,
hope you mean Kevin McLaughlin, with BJ supposedly going (though I hope not) that would free up an NIQ spot along with the wages that he is reported to be on, Carr would a be an adequate replacement for SD and would free up another NIQ spot though I believe SD has another year left on his contract, with Diack qualifying for Ireland this year there will be another opening for a project player and with all our Saffers maybe they could recommend an up and coming second rower as there seems to be a dearth of them.

Sandford and Stevenson would be decent signings for second row cover,both of them good lineout operators,sometimes you have to build a team as opposed to buy a team,the RWC will bite into our season in a big way next season.

Andress would also be a good signing,and I would be happy with Jennings or McLaughlin,Carr has loads of pace and reckon he could benefit with some time in the ERC,those players I have mentioned are all IQ.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Jennings won't be coming here.

Carr would be a good signing
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

For what it is worth neither Stevenson or Andress have opened any negotions with respect to staying on at Quins.

However they have other halves pulling in opposite direction - in Stevenson's case the wish is to stay in England, in Andress's case the wish is to return home.

That could be the decisive factor
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Still not convinced on Andress and Stevenson, both have not been regulars this season and having watched them when they have played they haven't set the world alight, though Stevenson would be better than McComb and Caldwell, i'm probably being hard on Andress as well as if rumours are true he will be replacing someone who is almost irreplaceable.....still think we could unearth a few diamonds like Tuohy, Diack and D'Arcy......
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

scrum5 wrote:Still not convinced on Andress and Stevenson, both have not been regulars this season and having watched them when they have played they haven't set the world alight, though Stevenson would be better than McComb and Caldwell, i'm probably being hard on Andress as well as if rumours are true he will be replacing someone who is almost irreplaceable.....still think we could unearth a few diamonds like Tuohy, Diack and D'Arcy......

It would be great if we did,time to keep the fingers crossed.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:
Bit harsh. Brookes for one is a quality young player.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

scrum5 wrote:Still not convinced on Andress and Stevenson, both have not been regulars this season and having watched them when they have played they haven't set the world alight, though Stevenson would be better than McComb and Caldwell, i'm probably being hard on Andress as well as if rumours are true he will be replacing someone who is almost irreplaceable.....still think we could unearth a few diamonds like Tuohy, Diack and D'Arcy......

Having watched him in his last few games[Andress],although he will never replace BJ,I would'nt worry too much about him being in the Ulster team,he can scrummage,he can lift in the lineout,he can tackle,and when he gets a chance he can carry the ball,one of those, was in the dying moments of a game when most props are knackered.