Positives & Negs: Ulster V Lllllllllanellllli

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Positives & Negs: Ulster V Lllllllllanellllli

Post by pwrmoore »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I buy my ink buy the gallon

:wink:

I thought your ink was bought by the galloot :wink:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Skywalker2
Novice

Post by Skywalker2 »

Well done Kyri.

Most complete peformance by a hooker for Ulster this season. No question !!

Let's have more of the same please.

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Skywalker2 wrote:Well done Kyri.

Most complete peformance by a hooker for Ulster this season. No question !!

Let's have more of the same please.

Great to see him back and a great lineout performance, thought he was locked in the cupboard for a while, we need both him and Nigel when Rory is away, and if he comes back like Paddy and Trimby will need him for an extra couple of weeks while they get the soap scrubbed of his hands.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

pwrmoore wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I buy my ink buy the gallon

I thought your ink was bought by the galloot :wink:
I knew it was something like that ....... but I was bored and wrote the wrong thing! :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote::whistle:

backaway,

Over the past few months I have grown to love (most of) your postings, usually finding them insightful and/or amusing, so much so that I actively watch out for them and even missed them when you went AWOl recently. Life would certainly be a teensie weensie bit more boring without them, ......... BUT ........

....... life is certainly a lot more boring too with your constant griping about powermower. Maybe DS/LS is happy that your aim is away from him and now on PWR, (maybe not), but you know that you don't always have to have a target, don't you? If you don't like or agree with what he says, or how he says it, there are better ways of showing that, and you are capable of doing that. I'm certain you won't discourage PWR from posting (which is good, as many on here respect his viewpoint as much as yours), but you may just discourage others and we wouldn't want that.

No need to thank me - you know it makes sense.
Cap'n my dear friend, that is as bizarre a post as I can recall seeing.

I made a post, Mr PWR Moore responded, taking me to task for my post, I responded in as gentle a manner possible and with great care, given Mr PWR Moore's central role in my "holiday", again Mr PWR Moore decided to take me to task once more, I responded once more and advised again pretty damned gently that I saw no positive future in the exchange. On both occasions when I responded I wished him peace & love as I do not wish to have my ability to post disrupted by an unseemly tiff with your dear friend Mr PWR Moore. Full stop.

Frankly Grumps, I am astonished by your intervention and suggest you might read the posts again and reconsider. I suggest you might more reasonably decide that any griping on this occasion is instigated by someone other than yours truly. I am in shock at your interpretation and am off to bed for an early night to attempt to recover my equilibrium. I am never slow to say when I have a problem with someone - on this occasion I'm afraid you are simply wrong. P & L :flower:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

pwrmoore wrote:
Gooner - I don't see what you're railing against. No-one on this thread seems to me to be calling for the immediate dismissal of Humph for Jackson. But there is a general recognition that the lad did not let himself or Ulster down in his 50 minutes on the park.
pwrmoore wrote:
OK. So it seems that you read those few posts as calling for the immediate introduction of Jackson as first choice OH whereas I read them as wanting to see him kept in the squad in the hope that he develops over the next couple of years.
In what way was this "takiing you to task"? Honestly,you seem to have very little sense of perspective and no ability to see anything from any other position than the one you have decided is the "correct" one. in the first post I sought to understand your perspective, in the second I simply tried to offer a potential explanation for our differing conclusions from the same set of posts. Neither of these can be considered an attack on you.

I really am gettng most bored with your petty personal attacks and your paranoia which seems to suggest you believe that are somehow under attack from anyone who does not instantly agree with every word you say.

For the record I had absolutley no role whatsoever in your enforced holiday. I believe that you brought that on yourself. Though apart from missing your occasional useful insight I do feel that the messageboard was generally a nicer place while you were away.
Paul.

namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Yaay after another few days of futile trolling its seconds out round two :cheers: Gwan the Todger posters :twisted:
Could Holywood mike not chirp in on this one - Id pay him a tenner for any contribution that was half sensible :stir:

Oh yes and another thing OFF TOPIC!!!!!
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

pwrmoore wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Gooner - I don't see what you're railing against. No-one on this thread seems to me to be calling for the immediate dismissal of Humph for Jackson. But there is a general recognition that the lad did not let himself or Ulster down in his 50 minutes on the park.
pwrmoore wrote:
OK. So it seems that you read those few posts as calling for the immediate introduction of Jackson as first choice OH whereas I read them as wanting to see him kept in the squad in the hope that he develops over the next couple of years.
In what way was this "takiing you to task"? Honestly,you seem to have very little sense of perspective and no ability to see anything from any other position than the one you have decided is the "correct" one. in the first post I sought to understand your perspective, in the second I simply tried to offer a potential explanation for our differing conclusions from the same set of posts. Neither of these can be considered an attack on you.

I really am gettng most bored with your petty personal attacks and your paranoia which seems to suggest you believe that are somehow under attack from anyone who does not instantly agree with every word you say.

For the record I had absolutley no role whatsoever in your enforced holiday. I believe that you brought that on yourself. Though apart from missing your occasional useful insight I do feel that the messageboard was generally a nicer place while you were away.
Mr PWR Moore, you appear to be like a dog with a bone. I don't suppose that your continued carping is an attempt to illicit an ill-considered response which might result in the further attention of the mods? No, perhaps not, I suppose I'm just too much of a cynic -as all your friends will happily testify you are far to wonderful for a low move like that.

For the record, I had thought we had agreed our conversation was over. I was simply replying to a rather bizarre post from Grumps, none of your business really but you really should grasp the entire meaning of a post rather than take one or two words out of context and make an argument out of them.

I was not suggesting that you had actually lodged a complaint resulting in my "Holiday", despite all I don't consider you that petty, but it is as plain as the nose on your face that it was our exchange which resulted in the decision, therefore you were involved hence my reluctance to become involved in a further bout of nonsense with you as I would have thought my responses to you would have conveyed .

Again for the record,as far as I am concerned our discourse has completed. My continued wishes of peace & love appear lost on you, but one final attempt - peace & love Mr PWR Moore :flower:
Attachments
annoyed.jpg
annoyed.jpg (21.69 KiB) Viewed 323 times

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
The Fonz
Novice

Post by The Fonz »

If you lot don't settle down again I will forget I am cool and start dishing out yellow cards :evil:
Plenty of room on the bench this week.
Keep Cool 8)
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Royster wrote:Cap'n Grumpy, may I pass on a piece of good advice which I was given many years ago and which was- 'Never enter into correspondence with a man who buys his ink by the gallon!'
Ehm - HELLOOOOO!!!!!

I buy my ink buy the gallon

Don't talk to yourself then. It could lead to a long correspondence. :argue:
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

backawaygoonahead wrote:but one final attempt - peace & love Mr PWR Moore :flower:
Hands in the ruck ref get him off..... cheerio cheerio cheerio ,cheerio cheerio cheerio o o :lol:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Dear Backawaygoonahead,

When you quite clearly have misinterpreted my post, or deliberately put a spin on it which was not my original intention, or when you attempt to make my post into something it is not - I feel quite justified in correcting your misinterpretation. Just as you would be justified in replying in the same circumstances. And your unilateral declaration that we have agreed that a subject is closed it does not make it so.

I have absolutlely no interest or intention of goading you into making an indiscretion. I am sure most of the long term posters will back me up when I state that that is not and never has been my style. And anyway if your past form is anything to go by I'm sure you will manage it all by yourself soon enough.

I do not understand why you feel so threatened by me. I am, as namron states, a generally mild-mannered individual, with an interest in rugby and no interest whatsoever in being controversial or objectionable just for its own sake. All I can think of is that since I refused to stand idly-by while you used your school-bully technique on other posters you feel that you must get the better of me for fear of looking a fool. I think it is already too late for that.

I like some of your rugby related posts, at times it seems as if you do have a genuine knowledge of the game and an interesting perspective which is well worth reading. Unfortunately you don't seem prepared to debate these views just state them and then try to undermine anyone who offers an alternative view. Why can't you stick to what you do well and leave others the freedom to enjoy this messageboard un-molested? As you are all too aware there are a group of sensible moderators who already do the job of policing the board quite well without your interference.
Paul.

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Negs - I watched Ulster v Llanelli @ CI in the company of MR PWRMOORE and he didnt buy me a pint at any stage of the game and nor did he stand up and sing Stand Up for the Ulstermen at the end like my goodself.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Negs - I watched Ulster v Llanelli @ CI in the company of MR PWRMOORE and he didnt buy me a pint at any stage of the game and nor did he stand up and sing Stand Up for the Ulstermen at the end like my goodself.
you weren't in my round! :scratch:
Paul.

OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

This is getting seriously stupid.