Bus from Hilton Northampton to MK Stadium

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

DavyG
Steward

Bus from Hilton Northampton to MK Stadium

Post by DavyG »

I have made initial enquiries with several bus companies in the Northampton area to price a bus from The Hilton Northampton to The MK Stadium on match day.

If I can fill a 50 seat bus it will work out at £8.50 pp return. Smaller buses are available but the cost rises to £11.50 pp for a 30 seat bus. The bus would leave the Hotel at 12 noon returning from the stadium at 6:00pm.

If you are interested please let me know ASAP.
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
cbusbyni
Novice

Re: Bus from Hilton Northampton to MK Stadium

Post by cbusbyni »

Could we sort out something where it went from the Hilton and swung by the IBIS for a second pickup? I reckon we could then easily fill a 50 seater- my party of 5 would certainly be onboard :)
NorthDown Ulsterman
Novice

Post by NorthDown Ulsterman »

There are two of us staying in Northampton Hilton. Bus sounds great. Will PM you with my details.
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

cbusbyni wrote:Could we sort out something where it went from the Hilton and swung by the IBIS for a second pickup? I reckon we could then easily fill a 50 seater- my party of 5 would certainly be onboard :)
Quite a number staying at the Ibis, a detour in that direction would be very welcome.
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

moondance wrote:
cbusbyni wrote:Could we sort out something where it went from the Hilton and swung by the IBIS for a second pickup? I reckon we could then easily fill a 50 seater- my party of 5 would certainly be onboard :)
Quite a number staying at the Ibis, a detour in that direction would be very welcome.

I am not too sure of the geography of Northampton but I think the IBIS is City Centre and the Hilton is out towards the M1 Motorway. May be worth looking at a second bus.
cbusbyni
Novice

Post by cbusbyni »

Quite possisbly- can you pass on the details of the bus compnay and I'll look into it?

Cheers,

Chris
cbusbyni
Novice

Post by cbusbyni »

Or could we start at the IBIS and pick up at the Hilton- I reckon any route that took in both hotels would be our best chance of filling a 50 seater
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

I will contact the bus company tomorrow and see what they suggest.
I would imagine they will be keen to do business.

I will post details as soon as I speak to the bus company.

:salut: :red:
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Davy G,

I and 3 others are staying at the Hilton, I'll give them a shout tomorrow and confirm interest. Good idea though :salut: :red:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

3 in, from the Hilton.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Off peak day return on the Train is only £9.10p from Northampton to Bletchley (trains take 20mins - time for a tinnie on board -seem to depart every half hour going there but only every hour coming back). No traffic problems and the 10.07 train is unlikely to be booked out. Should easily get to Enigma Tavern (en route to ground from station, along the Saxon way at junction with Princes Way and beside Burgerking) by opening time (12 noon). Can i suggest if there are any empty spaces on the bus you get the bus to pull up (any time after 12.45pm will do nicely) and give some of us a lift saving us the final 20 minute stagger to the ground - there's a tinnie in it for you.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
simonk
Novice

Post by simonk »

seems to be a number of people staying in the Ibis myself and two others included so would def be interested in taking a bus from there
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

trouble with Hilton is that it is 4 miles from Northampton centre.
I can live with that when it comes to heading in by taxi, getting lashed, easting a doner in pitta, and getting a taxi home on Friday.
Saturday, a more leisurely way into town can be established, before kebab/taxi round 2 gets me back to my bed.

Sunday AM tho - it's gonna be hassle trying to get into town just to head back out...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Mr WW and myself are staying at the Ibis and 2 of our buddies are staying at the Hilton so if there was a bus covering both, we'd certainly be up for that.

I'll keep an eye on how things develop with this. Cheers :salut:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

One thing I can say about a bus from Hilton, Ibis or anywhere else is, you can all say you would get one but unless someone actually takes on the organising of one there won't be one for you all to get on.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best