Ulster V Scarlets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster V Scarlets

Post by Cornerfleg »

Setanta wrote:Shouldn't that be 'given access' or are you making me data administratoe for the site?

I stand corrected the semi colon was obviously a typo ... EGM of the Mods, Admins and motion to delete Setanta from the forum averted, he's just a mortal.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The impressive list of talented players have committed themselves to the Scarlets shirt on two and three year contracts for the coming seasons are: Aaron Shingler, Ben Morgan, Damian Welch, Dan Newton, Emyr Phillips, Morgan Stoddart, Peter Edwards, Phil John, Dale Ford (development contract), Gareth Maule, Johnathan Edwards, Kirby Myhill (development contract), Scott Williams, Rob McCusker, Tavis Knoyle, Aled Davies, George North, Jordan Williams (development contract), Josh Turnbull, Rhodri Jones (development contract), Rhys Priestland.
That is some list of players out of contract in one season :shock:

This is going to be a tough match on Friday night, hope the clampit with the whistle lets the game run smoothly.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Rooster wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:Woooo-ah Haul the bus a minute here ... has this guy ever been properly vetted to post on this site - no man who can handle the dreaded semi colon with such aplomb should ever be giving access to a public forum. FACT!
Has a semi colon ever been used before :shock:

i frequently use them by accident when reaching for the apostrophe key and missing by a whisker :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Personally I feel we got a bit complacent against Aironi and I still don't know what really happened in Glasgow on the sand pit. But I reckon they guys are well up for this match. Can't see anyone feeling it's in the bag or an easy game.

If I'm honest I also felt that against Aironi the crowd were a bit ... 'carnival' ... we're gonna win let's party. It wasn't that intense in the terrace. I get the feeling that the 16th man also know this is a big game and apart from a Tunisian fleg waving pervert we'll be pretty focused and vocal in support!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

That top colon looks uncannily like a scale MRI brain scan of James Jones!
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Cornerfleg wrote:That top colon looks uncannily like a scale MRI brain scan of James Jones!
Na Fleg, His wee particle of grey gunk is considerably smaller :D

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

lovesthehardground wrote:This is a great forum!! Where else can a crowd of men go on line and talk about how often they use their "semis". And to think there is ># ship.............................
It won't last I tell you ... I'm sure I heard Grounds Keeper Willie firing up the Fonz!
The Fonz
Novice

Post by The Fonz »

Settle down and get back on topic, bench is empty at present and getting cold and wet :D
:twisted:
Keep Cool 8)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A good old traditional wet night forecast for the Llanelli match although they appear to have been wrong about this heavy rain for the past 3 days now so perhaps they will be wrong again :?
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

scarlets....at ravenhill.....with rain?
no, surely not?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:scarlets....at ravenhill.....with rain?
no, surely not?
Nah they changed their minds again :roll: and it is to be dry now :cheers:
Rory Best
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Contradictory evidence, BBC weather map for Friday shows the eastern side of Ulster dry almost all day and almost the entire province a rain free zone at 19.00 hours Saaaaah. 5 pointer in prospect if we play any rugby Scarlets are shockingly poor. We played as badly as possible over there and Ruan still won the game for us.

Since beating Dragons at home on New Years Day they have only beaten Edinburgh 11-3 & Treviso 22-16 both at home in the Magners & Edinburgh away in the HC on 8th January. You have to go back to November for their last ML away win - at Aironi or to October for a win over meaningful opposition away to the Blues.

This is a game for all the glory hunters to roll up and watch an Ulster win. As that fat wee tom kite at the ice hockey used to shout (maybe still does for all I know or care) MAKE SOME NOISE (I'd love to beat him with a big stick.)

A dry night & any sort of decent performance and we are looking at a 5 pointer. A crap performance and we will still beat THESE.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

You said similar about Aironi.... :? And where correct but didn't make easy watching. :shock:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Jackie Brown wrote:You said similar about Aironi.... :? And where correct but didn't make easy watching. :shock:
Fair enough Jackie but I think you will accept that I didn't shout from the terrace after 8 minutes - "Okay guys you can go to sleep now!" 72 minutes of dreadful complacent rugby followed.

I'm expecting the team to go hell for leather tomorrow night to make sure they are selected on 10th April. Also there is the inescapable fact that when our full - minus Stevie of course - team is out we are a quality team, many of us may just have forgotten that as it has been a while since they have played together with internationals and injuries & some of the stuff has been pretty damned average - apart from the Saintly Mr Ruan Pienaar of course, a prince amongst men. :red:

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I just hope Glock and the lads are not writing off Scarlets because they will be looking at us and saying "they cannot get out of jail again playing in fits and starts".