Plenty of experts on here

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Re: Plenty of experts on here

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

cables wrote:What does the SSM ... do?
sell rugby shirts and ski gear at over-inflated prices, when they actually have stock of what you want.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
The Fonz
Novice

Post by The Fonz »

cables wrote:Heyyerma did your school also teach you to appoint a fall 'guy' soon after your own success at the interview?

Business Development Executive (26 - 40 £K) - accountable to Senior Sales Manager
Senior Sales Manager (must be more than £40K) - accountable to CEO
CEO (must be a lotta more than £40K) - accountable to - who the hell knows!

Do UR need this structure?
What does the SSM and CEO do?
Salary: £26K - £30k with OTE £36K - £40K
If they set the targets high enough they will not however have to pay any more than 30k, that's a very old trick
Keep Cool 8)
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

The Fonz wrote:
cables wrote:Heyyerma did your school also teach you to appoint a fall 'guy' soon after your own success at the interview?

Business Development Executive (26 - 40 £K) - accountable to Senior Sales Manager
Senior Sales Manager (must be more than £40K) - accountable to CEO
CEO (must be a lotta more than £40K) - accountable to - who the hell knows!

Do UR need this structure?
What does the SSM and CEO do?
Salary: £26K - £30k with OTE £36K - £40K
If they set the targets high enough they will not however have to pay any more than 30k, that's a very old trick
surely the fonz only comes on here to tell people to go drink a long tall glass of shut the hell up juice?
actually contributing to a debate? most un-fonz like....

No I have been known to do a few posts in the past, but I am back again to tell you to get back on topic or you will be benched for the day
8)
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Jackie Brown wrote:Where's Kofi?
Here Jackie quietly laughing into my self. bit more concerned about the Dail announcing today that they got their figures wrong on their Debt now believed to be double what they originally indicated. Anyway back to home. They remove a chap who was not costing that much and employ someone on double the salary who is finding it hard to get sponsorship. was this(the removal of staff) a bad business decision or a method of management ie dispose of those that would appear safe and well liked in the business then everyone else will fall in line or get the boot.Now the problem is lack of the £100k plus sponsors he promised to get so rather than be exposed go to plan B to have a fall guy, create distance.

(I note the Annual Dinner is now in the Culloden Hotel at £1200 plus VAT per table of ten)another master plan to get money in on top of the no loyalty to current sponsors model. I thought La Mon was this years Hotel Partner and would have assumed that the UR dinner was being held there so is this the "New" Hotel sponsor for next year, whats next ,ditch ValueCab for a competitor for a few extra shekels. By the way i have been to many a function at the Culloden and always found the food bland and the wine list poor. As someone who would take a normally take a table i think i shall pass this year.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote: (I note the Annual Dinner is now in the Culloden Hotel at £1200 plus VAT per table of ten)another master plan to get money in on top of the no loyalty to current sponsors model.
Thats steep for a dinner £144 a head if you can't claim VAT back :shock: They got U2 or AC/DC for the dance after it at that price :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Kofi Annan wrote:Now the problem is lack of the £100k plus sponsors he promised to get so rather than be exposed go to plan B to have a fall guy, create distance.
Bit "wordy" that Kofi - you could just have posted this:
7677Teamwork-Posters.jpg
7677Teamwork-Posters.jpg (22.97 KiB) Viewed 271 times

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Red Hand Hero wrote:nice fella and certainly seemed to have his finger on the pulse,
Agree he was a really nice guy, but to be honest I sometimes wondered if he actually had a pulse. I have a few stories from a few years ago of companies almost begging to sponsor players & couldn't get a phonecall returned. I gave up defending him even though I would have considered him a mate.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

brianc wrote:
Red Hand Hero wrote:nice fella and certainly seemed to have his finger on the pulse,
Agree he was a really nice guy, but to be honest I sometimes wondered if he actually had a pulse. I have a few stories from a few years ago of companies almost begging to sponsor players & couldn't get a phonecall returned. I gave up defending him even though I would have considered him a mate.
At least he understood the market and unlike the currents CEO kept appointments and answered emails :duck: and we all have stories :wink: my dealings with him were always 100% and never let me or business partners down
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

brianc wrote:
He did have a problem though that he was not supposed to take competitors to existing sponsors in case they would get offended.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best