Are the Saints too Cocky about Us?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Are the Saints too Cocky about Us?

Post by Cornerfleg »

Can Gaddafi play blind side? Could be a reasonably cheap transfer fee if 1F is out for any of next year?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
StKenneth
Novice

Post by StKenneth »

Problem is Cornerfleg, if Gaddafi is in your side, you may have to put up with NATO air strikes during the match!
Oh When The Saints.. Go Marching In
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Problem is Cornerfleg, if Gaddafi is in your side, you may have to put up with NATO air strikes during the match!
As long as the Yanks are in charge though your lot will be in most danger :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

All the same ... Afoa, Jane, Pienaar, Muller and Gaddafi ... the season tickets would go like hot cakes. He might even get in under KOLPAK terms.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

StKen,

Indeed perhaps you are right, there may well have been no alcohol involved, and it may not have been his fault, although in general I would have thought he wouldn't have spent the night in the cells if that was the case! And for the record I agree that it really should not be made public, there's things the public don't need to know ( tho after all this chat I'm bloody curious!!).

I do hope regardless of the circumstances that the lad has learnt his lesson, the reality of being famous is that he needs to actively stay out of trouble. I work in a profession myself where a similar incident would most likely cost me my career, and sometimes that means you have to think twice or walk away!

Now on a more serious note, this Gaddafi chat really concerns me, sure the boy can play by all accounts, but he never has the match fitness for 80 minutes, and there ain't a chance in hell you will be able to substitute him!!!!
Last edited by Eggs on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Eggs wrote:StKen,

Indeed perhaps you are right, there may well have been no alcohol involved, and it may not have been his fault, although in general I would have thought he wouldn't have spent the night in the cells if that was the case! And for the record I agree that it really should not be made public, there's things the public don't need to know ( tho after all this chat I'm bloody curious!!).

I do hope regardless of the circumstances that the lad has learnt his lesson, the reality of being famous is that he needs to actively stay out of trouble. I work in a proffession myself where a similar incident would most likely cost me my career, and sometimes that means you have to think twice or walk away!

Now on a more serious note, this Gaddafi chat really concerns me, sure the boy can play by all accounts, but he never has the match fitness for 80 minutes, and there ain't a chance in hell you will be able to substitute him!!!!
1) Policemen clearly don't earn enough money :lol: and need to supplement their meagre stipend by touting stories to the press. Well how the hell do you think they get their stories ?

2 Gadaffi's nipper used to last 90 minutes surely his Da could do 80 or at least until subbed after an hour, if not he is a pretty lightweight sort of a murdering torturing dictator.

3) FFS Eggs, what sort of profession would have a man who can't spell profession, oh I get it, your a peeler, maybe a banker - (I know I was that boy :wink: ) - they are mostly stupid & many stupidly corrupt, but then that could go for peelers too. Oooops I'm getting out of here, this is all getting far too serious :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Right, so now we think that at 3 in the morning it is more likely that the police are being overzealous than a rugby star drunk and out of order? I would have thought it was more likely that it was the taxi driver who saw a way to earn a few quid back.

Anyway, I agree he could probably last at least 60, but recent history has shown us this guy does not know when it is time to be substituted, there would be missiles from the crowd trying to force him off, enforced no play zones, could turn into a nightmare!

(Checked twice for typos as they clearly suggest intelligence level rather than poor typing skills! And no not a peeler, and definitely not a banker, would rather join Gaddafi!)
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Eggs wrote: (Checked twice for typos as they clearly suggest intelligence level rather than poor typing skills!
Really?
backawaygoonahead wrote:3)...what sort of profession would have a man who can't spell profession, oh I get it, your a peeler, ...
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Indeed BR ... dear knows what a semi colon would do to him!
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Unless it's part of a wink smilie I'd be lost ;)
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Honestly da youf of today and their text speak ...
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Cornerfleg wrote:Indeed BR ... dear knows what a semi colon would do to him!
Probably have to go to trap three more often - or use a bag. Unless you meant a semicolon. :lol: :salut:
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I'd like to point out to the Admins and the Mods that I know Jack well ... thus please don't censor what I'm about to say ...

... ahem ...

Feck away aff you old fart ye!
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

enough of this nonsense, and back to business.

Northampton's next game is at home (real home) against Sale Sharks on Saturday.

After this, I fully expect them to take the week off. Relax a little, perhaps enjoy a few binge-drinking sessions with one another. Stay up of course for Wrestlemania on Sunday night. I'm guessing that on Saturday 9th they'll be turning up for a training session - light of course - maybe hit a few pads, throw a few line-outs etc... nothing too energetic, or mentally challenging.

If, as you may, hear any talk from deep inside the Saints camp this week about "not looking past the next game", "only concentrating on beating Sale" etc - you can talk this as gospel truth. They simply aren't bothered about having to play Ulster, to the extent that they probably haven't been watching any analysis (on their shiny iMacs) of the White Knights - in fact, they probably would struggle to name half our team!
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.