Ulster V Scarlets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Big Nose
Novice

Re: Ulster V Scarlets

Post by Big Nose »

Ulster Team v Scarlets (Magners League, Ravenhill, Friday 1st April, kick-off 7.05pm)
(15-9): A D'Arcy; A Trimble, N Spence, P Wallace, S Danielli; I Humphreys, R Pienaar;
(1-8): T Court, R Best (capt), BJ Botha, J Muller, D Tuohy, R Diack, W Faloon, P Wannenburg;
Replacements (16-23): A Kyriacou, P McAllister, D Fitzpatrick, T Barker, C Henry, P Marshall, I Whitten, C Gilroy.

Edit: UR changed the captain
Last edited by Big Nose on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Good team ... glad to see there's no pashing about - dry run for next week.

Rory back - Muller captain. :thumleft:
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Happy with the team, shows we mean biz. I thought I had guessed it write but McGlocks has gone with Diack @ 6 again, which I am suprised giving the work Henry has put in. We really need to win the collisions in the backrow and boss this one.

Hope ihumph will not be too rusty and attempt too much too early until we build a lead. (Patience & all that) If we build the phases and take our chances we could be in for a good confidence builder for next week.

A repeat of last seasons home encounter would do me the best! (2/10/09 Ulster Rugby 45 - 24 Scarlets)

C'Mon ULSTER!!! :red: :red: :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Just sighed the biggest sigh of my life seeing a team sheet with iHumph and BJ on it!

Now let's see some intensity tomorrow night, a strong win and for goodness sake no injuries!!
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Good to see Ihumph and BJ for sure.

Diack at 6 = planning for no 1F for a long period.

Options:
8 = Diack or P3
6 = Henry or Diack
7 = Henry or Willie
Big Nose
Novice

Post by Big Nose »

Cornerfleg wrote:Rory back - Muller captain. :thumleft:
Looks like that was a mistake - changed on UR
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Scarlets Team

Scarlets starting XV v Ulster 1/04/2011, Ravenill kick-off 1905: Rhys Priestland, Gareth Maule, Regan King, Jon Davies, Morgan Stoddart, Stephen Jones, Tavis Knoyle, Iestyn Thomas, Matthew Rees (capt), Rhys Thomas, Lou Reed, Rob McCusker, Josh Turnbull, Johnathan Edwards, Ben Morgan.

Replacements: Emyr Phillips, Rhodri Jones, Peter Edwards, Aaron Shingler, David Lyons, Martin Roberts, Daniel Evans, Scott Williams.

Wing Sean Lamont (hamstring strain), scrum-half Gareth Davies (dead leg) and wing George North (minor concussion) do not make late fitness tests but back and on the bench comes Wallaby no8 star David Lyons after injury.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Hope it's a good game ... not a last kick but pretty dire dross fest!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

ColinM wrote: Options:
8 = Diack or P3
6 = Henry or Diack
7 = Henry or Willie
I think it would be fair to count Henry as a cover for 8 as well, he's played it before and is very capable. His versatility may be enough to convince those in charge that we do not need significant investment in another back row. All four of them are good enough, plus McComish, plus Birch.

Certainly if another long term injury came along it would leave things tricky next year, though you'd count yourself very unfortunate to have two back rows out long term at the same time.

Good team. I'm glad D'Arcy is back in at 15, and it's interesting that he's gone for "the bigger lads" on the wings, perhaps he's putting value on muscle right across the back division, maybe this is part of the thinking in including Nevin Spence over Caveman.

OM
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Caveman mustn't be fit or look like being fit for next week. No way he'd not be on the bench if his hammy was OK.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Indeed, well spotted. I hadn't noted his omission from the bench also.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:bounce: :cheers: :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

I don't think cave looked that fit on his return. When he took his early dive for the try I thought he looked a big sluggish compared to the old cave. Maybe even a case of didnt have the belief he has the gas to beat the last man?

Maybe wrong but have heard subsequent rumblings about his injury still not being right. Anyone esle know anything about this?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Big Nose wrote:Ulster Team v Scarlets (Magners League, Ravenhill, Friday 1st April, kick-off 7.05pm)
(15-9): A D'Arcy; A Trimble, N Spence, P Wallace, S Danielli; I Humphreys, R Pienaar;
(1-8): T Court, R Best, BJ Botha, J Muller (capt), D Tuohy, R Diack, W Faloon, P Wannenburg;
Replacements (16-23): A Kyriacou, P McAllister, D Fitzpatrick, T Barker, C Henry, P Marshall, I Whitten, C Gilroy.
And nice to see the correct use of the semi-colon again.

I like that team - just hope iHumph and BJ are 90%.

And so to the question - who will be kicking for goal? IMHO Pienaar is the man of the moment. Maybe giv iHumph a shot ar anything far to the right.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
George84
Novice

Post by George84 »

BR wrote:And so to the question - who will be kicking for goal? IMHO Pienaar is the man of the moment. Maybe giv iHumph a shot ar anything far to the right.
I reckon Pienaar should take the kicks. Don't want any extra pressure being put on iHumph's hamstring, need him fully fit and firing for next sunday.