Ulster V Scarlets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

lovesthehardground
Steward

Re: Ulster V Scarlets

Post by lovesthehardground »

Agree with that. Why put strain on the hammer when Ruan's kicking so well.

Only slight concern is P3 at 8 and Robbie at 6. Should be the other way about. Diack is a "natural" no.8. Better off the scrums, better at covering back and fielding kicks etc.

Can't work out why McGlocks goes for this option?
LTHG
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

George84 wrote:
BR wrote:And so to the question - who will be kicking for goal? IMHO Pienaar is the man of the moment. Maybe giv iHumph a shot ar anything far to the right.
I reckon Pienaar should take the kicks. Don't want any extra pressure being put on iHumph's hamstring, need him fully fit and firing for next sunday.
Difficult, ignoring the injuries I'd rather have iHumph kicking, seems that he is a bit more reliable for the 'routine' kicks (not sure if the stats back that up??), but wouldn't want him to pull something. The boys will sort it between the two of them in the end, actually think if we see humph step up it would be an indication that he is feeling ver confident with the hamstring
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Which hammy did ihumph hurt? If it was his right one it shouldnt really affect his place kicking
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Cornerfleg wrote:Good team ... glad to see there's no pashing about - dry run for next week.

Rory back - Muller captain. :thumleft:
Good spot Fleg, just home & delighted with both the team selected and the choice of skipper. Diack 6 again, you'd nearly think a wee surprise was in the offing next week but maybe that is just looking for icing & coconut on my bap, I'm sure doctor knows best. :wink:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Well we've done our bit ... the groundwork is all in place for thegood doctor to make a nice wee announcement! The ball is in his court now ... we can do no more for him!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Cornerfleg wrote:Part time supporter ... yer just a part time supporter ...
Part time suppo - orter...you're just a part time suppo- rter. To the tune of "Guantanamera"
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Don't be expecting magic from BJ & iHumph.

How about Ruan takes the kicks from the left and iHumph the right. Keep Ruan's eye in.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

and what? Touhy to line them up from straight in front?
start pi$$ing about in a game that has to be considered a must-win and there's a higher chance we'll lose.

all depends on what iHumph has been doing, kicking wise, in training.

Ideally - he takes them tomo night and kicks well; in that scenario Ulster have two guys in a good kicking run of form heading to Milton Keynes.

If he's not been practicing his kicking a great deal then why change things for the sake of change?

Fingers crossed though that them "sorting it out between themselves" involved a kicking competition at Ravers this afternoon between IH and RP. IH eventually ran out the winner 99/100 to 98/100 (both missed when NOCs effort made them laugh too hard, and Pienaar attempted one from underneath his own posts and just narrowly fell short...)
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
tommya
Novice

Post by tommya »

Did Hump not take a master class on kicking for Magners prize this week ?? I think McLocks plan to let them decide between them is ideal then the other cnnot feel agreived.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

They could play a wee game of "paper, stone, scissors" for each kick. Seems a fair way to sort it out.

On the other hand Humps is either fit or he's not. If he's fit enough to play, then he should be fit enough to kick.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

They could play a wee game of "paper, stone, scissors" for each kick. Seems a fair way to sort it out.

On the other hand Humps is either fit or he's not. If he's fit enough to play, then he should be fit enough to kick.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

I only said that once...honest!
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

My impression was we were extra cautious with humph and he could maybe have had a run last week. I'd be surprised if he doesn't place kick. I'd like to see Humph and BJ hit the 60 minute mark but I guess we'll see how they fair.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

See this thread is slipping way down the list what with paynemania and a frenzy of chubes wondering what will emerge from Doc Humph's big transfer hat next.

However there is a match on tonight lets not forget.

Dry night 4 tries is my call as the starting XV for MK limber up. We need a big performance to get the likes of St Red Kenneth a little concerned. Saints have a walkover this weekend - Sale who couldn't bate ar Aggie.

Just hope soe of the guys aren't too rusty.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
ArticDonkey

Post by ArticDonkey »

ColinM wrote:Which hammy did ihumph hurt? If it was his right one it shouldnt really affect his place kicking
The nature of hamstring injuries would require complete recovery when resuming training for an athlete or else it will pop again and often worse than before. I actually suffered a grade 2 hamstring injury in my left ham whilst kicking with my right hoof. Seems weird but when you kick both hams are stretched to a certain extent.