Ulster - Scarlets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

29xThePain
Squire

Re: Ulster - Scarlets

Post by 29xThePain »

DHK wrote:What's mcdowell getting criticised for?
Not allowing the try. apparently the TMO can't rule on decisions such as knock ons. I'm unaware of rules, but would surely you could give the knock on in response to the question, "is there any reason why I cannot award the try?"
Follow me on Twitter
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

HUmph proved tonite he will never make an international with his girly tackles...my god is he p$sh poor...great attacker sh1t defender.
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

29xThePain wrote:
DHK wrote:What's mcdowell getting criticised for?
Not allowing the try. apparently the TMO can't rule on decisions such as knock ons. I'm unaware of rules, but would surely you could give the knock on in response to the question, "is there any reason why I cannot award the try?"
that is technically true but they can have no complaints, there was a knock on. Ulster had a try disallowed against saracens 2005, where the video ref ruled on maggs being in touch before he passed to bowe which again is technically something he can't rule in but it was the right decision and Ulster had no complaints, which is just right
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

I think that they were possibly alluding to bias as he is from NI. But McDowell also made a big decision against Ireland as TMO a couple of years ago if I remember correctly?
Follow me on Twitter
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

29xThePain wrote:I think that they were possibly alluding to bias as he is from NI. But McDowell also made a big decision against Ireland as TMO a couple of years ago if I remember correctly?
TMO is usually Marshall Kilgore.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I'd like to know if iHumph has concussion to be honest I reckon he got pollaxed early on and he wasn't right after that - maybe why he ran away from tackles.

Danielli - I'm sorry the guy is done, international winger - not any more. I like the guy he's played his best stuff for us but he's nowhere near fit enough to displace Gilroy.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

After tonight's performance, I'm wondering if Danielli is seriously considering retirement. I understand he's had recurring hamstring issues but surely the drop in pace could not be that bad, considering he'd be classed as an elite athlete (international)?
Follow me on Twitter
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

He just doesn't look happy and hungry - compared to Gilroy who looks liek a feckin Duracell Bunny after 80 minutes!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Danielli was very, very slow looking.

Anyway, we probably deserved the win, although we fecked around in our own half until we lost it.

Screw the Welsh, they where laughing at Ireland when Phillips scored that illegal try. What comes around goes around!!!!
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

29xThePain wrote:After tonight's performance, I'm wondering if Danielli is seriously considering retirement. I understand he's had recurring hamstring issues but surely the drop in pace could not be that bad, considering he'd be classed as an elite athlete (international)?

Sure it is his own call to consider his retirement, but it is up to the Ulster coaching team to realise that he should not be playing in an Ulster jersey.Plus can you explain your understanding of his hamstrings,and where did you get this information from,my understanding is that any player who has particular injury problems would be extrremely peeved by a poster pretending to have inside knowledge running off at the mouth speculating about said injury.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
tommya
Novice

Post by tommya »

Was Simon McDowell a late replacement because he was not listed and the commentator did not mention him ??????
or is he just being blamed in the wrong
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

Sorry, my mistake. Has had injuries to shoulder and also has previous on knee injuries. I'm sure I read somewhere he injured his hamstrings though

Pretty sure they said McDowell on BBC Wales
Follow me on Twitter
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

It was not McDowell it was Marshall KIlgore end of....
tommya
Novice

Post by tommya »

listed officials
Graham Knox (from the Peter Allan school of reffing).
Assts - John Carvill
B O'Keefe.
TMO Marshall Kilgore.
Assesor Brian Stirling.

so where they got Simon McDowell from who knows
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BBC Wales are a bitter twisted bunch. Jonathon Davies is their lead boy for Fecksakes, no commentator is more one eyed than that little twirp.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999