Northampton 53 - 24 Sale Sharks

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Joony-k
Novice

Northampton 53 - 24 Sale Sharks

Post by Joony-k »

Some result for Northampton. Do you think this is particularly bad news for us or will this just make Northampton overly confident. Either way we haven't exactly had a victory like this, this year. Worrying. :shock:
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Re: Northampton 53 - 24 Sale Sharks

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

I may be clutching at straws but .... neither wasps or sale are a good team. The Saints have welcomed back their internationals and had 2 whopping wins but I can't help but wonder how they would react if and when we put them under pressure!! I do think we'll show up next week and put in a real proper performance. I'm saying we'll definately win but I do think we will all have a performance to be proud of at the very least!!
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Sale down to 14 for secondhalf . Northampton are nothing to worry about Joony - very average side imho :D
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Joony-k wrote:Some result for Northampton. Do you think this is particularly bad news for us or will this just make Northampton overly confident. Either way we haven't exactly had a victory like this, this year. Worrying. :shock:
I think it's bad news. They've been to gether a while now and when they have the best 15 on the pitch they are a great side. Strong in defence and attack and with very good set piece strategies. We've been bumbling along, scraping wins by the skin of our teeth like last night. I have to say that the result next week isn't going to worry me at all.

If we get hoked it's no more than I expect. Our team has only played about 6 games together all season for a wide variety of reasons including selection by top hat.
If we don't get a new hole ripped I'll be delighted.
If we win....I'll do a reel for the bar in Tarbert. - where I'll be on holiday, wind and tides permitting.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

at this point everything is pointing towards a N'ampton win. We're massive underdogs but we'll enjoy that tag. On paper we should lose by 10-15 points. But I doubt Mueller et al., worry too much about what's written on paper...

My concern is coming up with a gameplan. You want to play in their half but you don't want to kick aimless ball to their back 3. Taking them on up front will be a challenge too. And the breakdown will be ferocious. If our 9, 10 and 12 play blinders we have a chance.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

They seem to be gathering momentum. Northampton were always going to be very hard to beat no matter what..
However, firstly the teams they played today and last week were poor sides.
They seem to have a weak defense especially when teams throw it out wide, Ulster could easily exploit this with the likes of Trimble, paddy etc
One thing that does worry me however is how strong they are upfront. :/

BUT......
WHEN IT COMES TO THE HEINEKEN ITS A WHOLE DIFFERENT BALL GAME!!
Cmon Ulsterrrrrrrr
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

[quote="
If we don't get a new hole ripped I'll be delighted. :lol:
If we win....I'll do a reel for the bar in Tarbert. - where I'll be on holiday, wind and tides permitting.[/quote]

Strong winds for next week Jack- could be a roughun better put the barge on the Stena :thumright:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

We're feck!!!
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

namron wrote:[quote="
If we don't get a new hole ripped I'll be delighted. :lol:
If we win....I'll do a reel for the bar in Tarbert. - where I'll be on holiday, wind and tides permitting.
Strong winds for next week Jack- could be a roughun better put the barge on the Stena :thumright:[/quote]
Yep. Up to 50 k forecast. Was supposed to be away these last two weeks which would have been perfect but had to change plans and now it looks like a bit of a blow out on it's way. I'll make the best of it no matter what.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Joony-k wrote:Some result for Northampton. Do you think this is particularly bad news for us or will this just make Northampton overly confident. Either way we haven't exactly had a victory like this, this year. Worrying. :shock:

I dont think it really matters a hoot. It is all on the day. :twisted: :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Oh for Gawd's sake stop whinging guys, Connacht could put 30 on Sale. What about Saint's dodgy defence then? 24 points conceded against Sale FFS.

Get your heads up and cut out the crap, a 70-80 point game is nothing to judge anything on.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

backawaygoonahead wrote:Oh for Gawd's sake stop whinging guys, Connacht could put 30 on Sale. What about Saint's dodgy defence then? 24 points conceded against Sale FFS.

Get your heads up and cut out the crap, a 70-80 point game is nothing to judge anything on.

Excellent point, well stated....

Cut the crap.... next Sunday is a new game. Have faith, believe and conquer.

:red: :salut:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
TimGibson
Novice

Post by TimGibson »

exaclty, conceding almost 30 against sale is awful. our defence has been solid so we should be fine. i think ulster should keep possession, play through their forwards. saints main attack is their speed in the back three.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

againstthehead wrote:at this point everything is pointing towards a N'ampton win. We're massive underdogs but we'll enjoy that tag. On paper we should lose by 10-15 points. But I doubt Mueller et al., worry too much about what's written on paper...

My concern is coming up with a gameplan. You want to play in their half but you don't want to kick aimless ball to their back 3. Taking them on up front will be a challenge too. And the breakdown will be ferocious. If our 9, 10 and 12 play blinders we have a chance.
seriously, how are we massive underdogs? we're second in our league and on a 6-game winning streak. this persecution complex is tiresome.
StKenneth
Novice

Post by StKenneth »

It was a total mis-match and once we were three tries up, all the intensity of the game just went. It became nothing more than a training run and that allowed Sale to creep back up to 16 by the interval. In the second half we won the half 27-8.

Sale were incredibly weak, but that was our only third win in the league since the turn of the year, so we'll take that as a confidence booster and little else.

Our respective teams results mean nothing for next weekend, just that we are both playing with some form and momentum.

Now the build up really begins for what could be a really intense, every inch fought for, hard for kind of game at the weekend.
Oh When The Saints.. Go Marching In