Positives and Negatives - Ulster v Scarlets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

lovesthehardground
Steward

Re: Positives and Negatives - Ulster v Scarlets

Post by lovesthehardground »

Scarlets coach was whinging all night, waving his arms about at every decision, I thought he was going to take off. If the coach is like that on the touchline, then the players copy him and the supporters copy them. Result a pile of moaning minies. Ta ta boys. Enjoy your extra break. Nothing to play for now until September. :lol: :lol: :lol:
LTHG
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

lovesthehardground wrote:Scarlets coach was whinging all night, waving his arms about at every decision, I thought he was going to take off. If the coach is like that on the touchline, then the players copy him and the supporters copy them. Result a pile of moaning minies. Ta ta boys. Enjoy your extra break. Nothing to play for now until September. :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah cos he new the rules better.win is a win i suppose but to big your side up like some have here is madness.Not one has mentioned what i did eariler about your super scrums,well anyone can be could with illegally pushing ie before the 9 puts the ball in.One of your second rowers nicked the ball through diving over the top nothing wrong with that, but when he supports himself when he hits the floor then passes and looks to the ref thinking brad pitt!!!! hes caught me,but,but the games aloud to flow??????
i love munching Leeks....Image
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

lovesthehardground wrote:Scarlets coach was whinging all night, waving his arms about at every decision, I thought he was going to take off. If the coach is like that on the touchline, then the players copy him and the supporters copy them. Result a pile of moaning minies. Ta ta boys. Enjoy your extra break. Nothing to play for now until September. :lol: :lol: :lol:
we'll see who's smiling when our pups start to shime next season.Lot of young heads there in our side only needs a capt that can talk to his side and we'll show what we can do.but there again everyone loves the way we play.Yeah we give trys away but can score them to(normally)everyone loves our free flowing style.Something we've never been able to do is ball up the jumper time like our cletic bros over the water Love to do...... :salut:
i love munching Leeks....Image
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Cyrilllll what pleasure it is to see your posts again ........
Romeo47 Alpha 52
eeyore
Initiate

Re:

Post by eeyore »

Rooster wrote:My mother always says never trust the Welsh !
Your mother is a wise woman. Make sure you spoil her tomorrow
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
UlsterBok
Novice

Post by UlsterBok »

cyril wrote:
yeah cos he new the rules better.win is a win i suppose but to big your side up like some have here is madness.Not one has mentioned what i did eariler about your super scrums,well anyone can be could with illegally pushing ie before the 9 puts the ball in.One of your second rowers nicked the ball through diving over the top nothing wrong with that, but when he supports himself when he hits the floor then passes and looks to the ref thinking brad pitt!!!! hes caught me,but,but the games aloud to flow??????

"well anyone can be could with illegally pushing ie before the 9 puts the ball in." Isnt that a bit rich, since none of the Scarlets props can actually bind? BJ Botha is one of the best scrummagers in the world, and legally so. The guy blew the Scarlets away. At school he was called the "Iron Man" and im sure you can figure out why, they just couldnt handle his destructiveness, that much was clear to see!!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

It has been argued that "under the laws of rugby, the try should have been awarded as ....... blah, blah ...."

Let's get it straight - technically the TMO should not have had an input into the REFEREE disallowing the try - the Laws do not allow for this, BUT .....

UNDER THE LAWS OF RUGBY, A TRY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AWARDED AND WAS NOT AWARDED BECAUSE SCARLETS DID NOT DO SO WITHIN THE LAWS OF THE GAME. - nothing to do with the officials

Yes, the referee made a mistake - this was compounded by another mistake (some may argue that the ref suspected he had missed something and used the TMO a s a get out of jail card FOR HIM), but under the laws of the game, Scarlets had knocked on and therefore had NOT scored a legitimate try.

Whatever is argued, it is illogical to slate the ref/TMO for one mistake while ignoring or thinking acceptable the original mistake of missing the knock-on.

The TMO DID NOT rob Scarlets of a match-winning score - however the decision was arrived at, the knock-on did that! If it had been detected by the ref or TJ in the first instance, this ridiculous debate would not be taking place.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

WTF is this argument about!!! It's like someone getting caught on video for murder, then protesting in court cause they didn't agree to be video'd!! I can hand on heart say that I would not be whining one bit if Ulster got stung in the same way! Nooone can possibly say that it all in all was a try! Seriously, you about time our celtic cousins understood that its been a dire season for them, and get over it!
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Cyril, I think I really really like you. Your persistence when a lesser man would have given up is absolutely bonkers but commendable.

Did I ever tell you that I have seldom met a Welshman that I didn't like? Oh yes I have had a few hard words to say on the subject of Welsh whingers and employed a few National Stereotypes, which lets face it are always bullshit but invaluable when it comes to banter but really I always enjoy Wales win lose or draw.

Now given that I have earlier been complimentary about your team I can't think theres anything left to say. :salut:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Big-al wrote:Lads thanks this idiot North Dubliner, the posters on scarlet fever are now slagging off Ulster rugby and their forum.

NorthDubliner is probably a scarlets fan ont he wind up. Leave him be and elt them suck on those grapes.
They banned me years ago over some comment about sheep that I made :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Re: Re:

eeyore wrote:
Rooster wrote:My mother always says never trust the Welsh !
Your mother is a wise woman. Make sure you spoil her tomorrow
Was she basing her judgemnt on the old rhyme:

Paddy was a Welshman,
Paddy was a thief,
Paddy came to our house
and stole a side of beef.

Think its about 45 years since I heard that one. The words politically correct hadn't been uttered as far as I can recall. Decisions were made in the playground based on a version of eeny meeny miny mo which today would see a ban from most forums.

In case you are wondering, no I don't have a hankering for the return of such things.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

backawaygoonahead wrote:Was she basing her judgemnt on the old rhyme:

Paddy was a Welshman,
Paddy was a thief,
Paddy came to our house
Far more likely the old nursery rhyme TAFFY was a Welshman etc.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

moondance wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:Was she basing her judgemnt on the old rhyme:

Paddy was a Welshman,
Paddy was a thief,
Paddy came to our house
Far more likely the old nursery rhyme TAFFY was a Welshman etc.
Oh don't be silly, thats just taking racism too far.

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

cables wrote:Good to see that my passage through life has impacted on you Snipe.
Is your surname Marshall by any chance Mr C? :D
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.