Novice

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by TimGibson »

Cheers. Are they more than likely true?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Carr had left Connacht with plans to go back to Leinster.

Apparently Leinster don't want him this season (or he's asking too much) and now that he burnt his bridges with Connacht he can't go back. He obviously wants to break into the Irish squad so a contract overseas will do him no good. I reckon its fairly solid, we could do with a bit more pace outwide. A player like Carr will be worth his weight in gold during the world cup
TimGibson
Novice

Post by TimGibson »

Could still go to muster though. Oh well, still would be a good signing
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

So at the moment we have signed;

Mike McComish,
Callum Black,
Lewis Stevenson,
John Afoa,
Jared Payne,

So that would be 2 front row players,a lock a number 8,and a full back who can play in the midfield or wing.Rumours seem to be suggesting Carr may be the next signing,any other peeps have a name to throw into the ring?
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

The Bambry and Andress rumours are still out there
TimGibson
Novice

Post by TimGibson »

The Bambury rumours must be true- seen mcglock watching him at a hinch game. Wouldn't say we need Andress however.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

I like the sound of this boy Hoagy Carmichael!

I think Fionn Carr and another back row would do us nicely.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Ardglass2 wrote:The Bambry and Andress rumours are still out there

Re Andress,we have signed Afoa who is a tight, and Black who is a loose,seems we may have more cover at loose than we may have at Tight so Andress is still a good rumour/call,

I still believe that we are short at 10,and would rather have a signing who is an out and out 10 than players who can fill in if required,the young uns we have developing their game may need another season or so to develop physically.

But if we were to sign Bambry and Andress,plus Carr that would be 8 new signings,it would be nice to be in that situation,but thats a lot of players who have to gel into the squad let alone the team,we may need a bit of coaching back up,or is this a way of increasing the player base to ensure we have a credible Ravens team next year..
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Carr for a year then the return of Tommy 'Rock on' Bowe, to fight it out with Gaston, Gilroy and Trimble.

The future is bright the future is white!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Windeos
Warrior Chief

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Windeos »

Jackie Brown wrote:Carr for a year then the return of Tommy 'Rock on' Bowe, to fight it out with Gaston, Gilroy and Trimble.

We're talking miles into the future here but I wonder where Danielli's NIQ contract will go when he leaves.

Maybe an out and out 7 or someone who covers the back row.
TimGibson
Novice

Post by TimGibson »

Agreed, I really think ulster need a new 6/7 to cover ferris since he's injury prone
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Windeos wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Carr for a year then the return of Tommy 'Rock on' Bowe, to fight it out with Gaston, Gilroy and Trimble.

We're talking miles into the future here but I wonder where Danielli's NIQ contract will go when he leaves.

It may work out to be impossible to determine as NIQ others are to run out of contract at the same time - Muller, Pienaar and Wannenberg.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Heard on Friday night Humph wasnt finished and that there is another big name coming

Cory Jane wouldnt come until 2012 so that is now dead in the water hence Jared Payne who looks to be a cracker of a signing.

Looks likely to be a backrow,i reckon south african wth Francois Louw, Duane Vermeulen possibly people to exit SA-stab in the dark really! :red: :red:
Last edited by kingofthehill on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Windeos
Warrior Chief

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Windeos »

cables wrote:
Windeos wrote:

It may work out to be impossible to determine as NIQ others are to run out of contract at the same time - Muller, Pienaar and Wannenberg.
Very true, how about adding the money from Danielli's contract & adding it onto Pienaar's offer 4 a new contract
Windeos
Warrior Chief

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Windeos »

kingofthehill wrote:Heard on Friday night Humph wasnt finished and that there is another big name coming!!

Cory Jane wouldnt come until 2012 so that is now dead in the water hence Jared Payne who looks to be a cracker of a signing!!

Looks likely to be a backrow,i reckon south african wth Ryan Kankowski, Francois Louw, Duane Vermeulen possibly people to exit SA-stab in the dark really!! :red: :red:
That would be insane & I'd be shocked if we sign another big name.