TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

... Keep moving along folks .... there's nothing to see!

I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:... Keep moving along folks .... there's nothing to see!

Is that next year's marketing slogan for the LV Cup? Catchy ... !
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

fuzzylogic wrote:
by Harold7 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:15 pm
ColinM wrote:
I'd put him ahead of the other jinking midget at the Ospreys

Asset to any ML squad may have been more accurate, but he'd push for a place in the team at most if not all clubs.

Sorry but do you mean Shane Williams?
Well hes hardly talking about 6'3 Tommy Bowe is he :lol:
Well I'm sure he is talking about Shane Williams but I doubt even Fionn's mum thinks his son should be ahead of Ickle in any team/squad!

Anyway he'd be a useful squad player but for me if Danielli is still with us next season Carr would be fourth choice winger IMO, having said that both Trimble and Danielli ought to be at the WC so he'd get a lot of games so a 1 year deal suits us.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Whilst Carr isn't a world beater he has a very good try scoring record in a poor team, a 1 year deal suits us as he covers for Danielli and Trimble being away and provides a bit more experience than Gilroy and Gaston. The deal suits all parties gives him a chance to show his worth at a better team, gives us cover for the world cup and at the end of the year we get Bowe back and he can move on either to D4 but more than likely to England.
TimGibson
Novice

Post by TimGibson »

can really see the deal happening. If hes said he wants to be recognised by the Irish management, and Leinster dont want them, his only real option is here.

Anyway, has Bowe said hes wants to rejoin?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

TimGibson wrote:can really see the deal happening. If hes said he wants to be recognised by the Irish management, and Leinster dont want them, his only real option is here.

Anyway, has Bowe said hes wants to rejoin?
Why on earth woudl Bowe want to say that?
TimGibson
Novice

Post by TimGibson »

well if theres so much talk of him coming back, there must have been some sort of reliable source so i was just wondering if he said it himself.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

What about the Jamie Smith rumour from earlier in the year heading to Dragons? Any expansion on that?
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

We have Trimble nailed on at one wing so there is one other spot available between: Danielli, Gilroy, Gaston and Carr. Let's prematurely write off the current Scotland international!!!!!!!!!
What do we do with the massively exciting young prospects we have one of whom scores tries for fun? Carr is a very good player, better than Gilroy or Gaston at the moment, but the way Gilroy is going he could be a massive star in a year from now. I'd invest in him and give him the game time. Gaston I've seen less of, but what I have seen is good, very good. Is he the back 3 cover man? So where does Carr fit in, as a bit part player waiting on an injury or international call ups to get a game?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Gaston I've seen less of, but what I have seen is good, very good. Is he the back 3 cover man?
The first time i have seen him on the wing was against the dragons, he is primarily a FB as far as I know!! Would like to see him play there but cant see him getting a chance this season!!

Did Humph not say all the signing would be sorted before the Northampton game? :red: :red:
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

A Carr signing makes little sense to me unless it is just to give us an extra player when Trimble is at the RWC and 6N.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Snipe Watson wrote:A Carr signing makes little sense to me unless it is just to give us an extra player when Trimble is at the RWC and 6N.

That's all I can see it as ... back scratching for both parties.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

A Carr signing makes little sense to me unless it is just to give us an extra player when Trimble is at the RWC and 6N.
Trimble and Danzer at RWC!!

Dont know whether i want him or not either, i can see postives both ways but the main negative is holding back the talented youngsters from Ulster especially if he is jumping ship after a year!!

Difficult one
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I have a very sneaky feeling Spence is going to the World Cup as a Doak. Just a water carrier - thus Payne/Cave will be in the midfield mix.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

I would like to think Luke Marshall would get a good string of games in the 12 jersey