Novice

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by TimGibson »

Luke marshall looks like a good prospect so far
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

I think Carr would be a good signing. Trimble and Danielle at RWC leaves our young uns under a bit of pressure to perform week in week out. It also would allow for injuries and loss of form. I think it would be good for both parties. Carr has scored plenty of tries for a team propping up the league it could be very interesting to see what damage he might cause in a team operating at the other end of the table!!!!
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Good as our youngsters are, Carr brings a bit more experience, which we'll be lacking with Paddy, Trimble, Danzer and possibly Spence at the RWC.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

In think it is a good move for us, not sure the same could be said for him tho! If it were clearly a one year deal, would think we would use him as needed for cover for WC and 6N, but he wouldn't touch the pitch rest of the year. Even if he were slightly better than the young guys, when we are up to full complement I fully expect we would focus more on their development, than on a player off elsewhere
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Carr to go to Munster now that Dowling has been forced to retire?
I'd have thought that if it was a done deal, a transfer of an irish player between two irish sides would have been revealed long before the Afoas and the Paynes of this world were announced.

Munster have also lost Sammy tipstoeovertoya, plus Warwick. Carr seems like a good fit for them...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
prawnsarnies
Novice

Post by prawnsarnies »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:Carr to go to Munster now that Dowling has been forced to retire?
I'd have thought that if it was a done deal, a transfer of an irish player between two irish sides would have been revealed long before the Afoas and the Paynes of this world were announced.

Munster have also lost Sammy tipstoeovertoya, plus Warwick. Carr seems like a good fit for them...
Surely Munster would have known his retirement was on the cards for a while, public knowledge or not. If they hand wanted Carr as a replacement the ball would have been rolling a long time before now
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

Perhaps why it hasn't been announced that Carr has signed for anywhere?

I'd hazzard a guess that Munster would not announce the Carr signing whilst it wasn't confirmed that Dowling would be retiring
Follow me on Twitter
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

i've no doubt that Munster were aware of Dowling's situation.
And of course they would only be prudent to look for options.

They've also lost a couple of other quality backs (both foreign buy-ins of course). Carr would be an ideal fit for them.

As is now becoming common-place with Ulster, Munster have traditionally not revealed much when it comes to signings. the goons on munsterfans may well speculate, but I don't read their nonsense. Perhaps another chap with more time on his hands could do the decent thing, take a look there and see what they're saying about Carr.

Maybe they'll be after Jamie Smith as well if the Dragons deal isn't a done one?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

I have a whisper from a Cunster - Galwayman supporting Munster - that Cory Jane will be the new Christian Cullen. Make of that what you will.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

backawaygoonahead wrote:I have a whisper from a Cunster - Galwayman supporting Munster - that Cory Jane will be the new Christian Cullen. Make of that what you will.
Hopefully he just means he'll be very good for the ABs :wink:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I have a whisper from a Cunster - Galwayman supporting Munster - that Cory Jane will be the new Christian Cullen. Make of that what you will.
That might explain a few rumours then, bit of confusion between Ulster and Munster, wonder does he know it's the place they eat turnips and not frys he is going to then ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Ospreys looking at Cory Jane as well , although they couldn't afford to keep Hook and Phillips so maybe al is not rosy in the garden there
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Bath could not afford Dan Carter wonder if we had a whip round could we get him to Ravenhill what a catch that would be, shirt sales alone would cover his salary
porterbelly
Novice

Post by porterbelly »

Bopeep wrote:Bath could not afford Dan Carter wonder if we had a whip round could we get him to Ravenhill what a catch that would be, shirt sales alone would cover his salary
Shirt sales ? It's not soccer, you don't buy a rugby shirt to get the name and number on the back.
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

So apparently Carr was signed and then we fobbed him off and gave him compo, to me that means we have someone lined up, I just wonder who?