Player's Twitter Updates

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Player's Twitter Updates

Post by pip14 »

Someone asked Cory Jane on twitter : northern exposure say you of to ulster.?
Cory Jane i will tell u 1st if i sign anywhere not them RT @stevelancer9: @CoryJane1080 @stevelancer9
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

Jeez some people are having a really hard time accepting we're not signing Cory Jane!
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Who are/is 'Northern exposure'?
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

notj wrote:Jeez some people are having a really hard time accepting we're not signing Cory Jane!
Phew, I for one am relieved we are not signing someone with a horrible "yank" first name & a girls name for a surname. Don't think I would have liked us to be the butt of other teams jokes.

Anyway, he wouldn't be my choice at 15 - you will do me Adam unless & until we buy a real star. :cheers:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Big-al wrote:Who are/is 'Northern exposure'?
Was that not some pants American drama series from about 10 years ago :lol:
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

Northern Exposure is a term that BJ used a lot on Twitter, it was really referring to his hatred of the weather in Norn Irlan especially when he returned from his summer at home in Durban. I always thought he went on a little too much but we all have felt the cold getting off the plane in Belfast (mind you the thickness of his wallet should insulate a bit). Northern Exposure was a TV rom/com set in Alaska about I guy who relocated from New York, never really watched it myself.
On a side note I couldnt help but notice that he has changed his Avatar on Twitter from him in an Ulster shirt to him in a Sharks shirt. :cowboy:
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BJs Northern Exposure was a series of articles about coming here that BJ wrote in his first season with Ulster.

I dont know if it carried on, as a general update on players from the SH playing in the NH?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Big-al wrote:Who are/is 'Northern exposure'?

The answer is always in the Derry Journal!!!!!
Attachments
This is Northern Exposure!
This is Northern Exposure!
209555_103647243053582_100002249190188_32240_831643_o (1).jpg (251.41 KiB) Viewed 690 times
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

TinPig wrote:Northern Exposure is a term that BJ used a lot on Twitter, it was really referring to his hatred of the weather in Norn Irlan especially when he returned from his summer at home in Durban. I always thought he went on a little too much but we all have felt the cold getting off the plane in Belfast (mind you the thickness of his wallet should insulate a bit). Northern Exposure was a TV rom/com set in Alaska about I guy who relocated from New York, never really watched it myself.
On a side note I couldnt help but notice that he has changed his Avatar on Twitter from him in an Ulster shirt to him in a Sharks shirt. :cowboy:
Can't see how getting off a plane in Cork is going to feel much different to getting off a plane in Belfast tbh :scratch:

Never watched that Northern Exposure thing, I initially thought it was the programme about that Mountie fella and his dog :lol:
Starsky
Initiate

Post by Starsky »

Ah you're thinking of Due South, which did things the other way around. Sort of.
One does not simply walk into Ulster
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

[quote=.
On a side note I couldnt help but notice that he has changed his Avatar on Twitter from him in an Ulster shirt to him in a Sharks shirt. :cowboy:[/quote]

Find that a little rude actually
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Not sure I like that. He has made very few tweets about Ulster lately. Sad to see.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I have removed Mr Botha from my following list.

That'll larn im
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Eggs wrote:
On a side note I couldnt help but notice that he has changed his Avatar on Twitter from him in an Ulster shirt to him in a Sharks shirt. :cowboy:[/quote wrote:
Find that a little rude actually
with our biggest game in years coming up, it's definitely rude to say the least. Disapointed, as he's been one of my all-time favourite Ulster players.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Has BJ even tweeted anything lately?

Certainly think he sees himself as a brand. Reckons he's built amongst Ulster peeps, now appears in a Sharks top to appease his SA fans for not going back home, then as soon as the season is done he'll be building the brand in Turnipstan.

Can't say I agree or disagree, havent a big opinion either way on him as a person but our scrum stopped going forward quite so quickly when he went off last week, so whether or not he's concentrating on Ulster, he's still pushing in the scrum :cheers: