(Honest) Predictions for the Big One

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

What's the result going to be on Sunday?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Ulster win by > 12 points
No votes
Ulster win by 8-12 points
No votes
Ulster win by 4-7 points
31%
Ulster win by < 4 points
24%
Ulster win in extra time (or on penalty kicks)
No votes
Saints win in extra time (or on penalty kicks)
No votes
Saints win by < 4 points
3%
Saints win by 4-7 points
10%
Saints win by 8-12 points
17%
Saints win by > 12 points
14%

Total votes: 29

rich123
Novice

Re: (Honest) Predictions for the Big One

Post by rich123 »

It has to Ulster. With all the christians in our team its definetely for God and Ulster, on the sabbath too, lol. The free p's will be out picketing the mk!

Cmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm UUUUllllllllllllllsterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Ulster winning by two points with one minute to go and Saints break away and Ashton does his famous swallow dive under the posts----and drops the ball!! :D
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Ulster will win, dunno what by, but they WILL emerge victorious.

BELIEVE!!!!!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cascade wrote:they could blow their own trumpets
We'll just send the Gooner then. :shock:
Greenmoon
Novice

Post by Greenmoon »

My money is on Ulster. If you looked at the (probable) teams for Sunday, apart from Ashton and Foden, would any of the other Northampton players be sure of getting into the Ulster team in front of the players already there. I don't think so.

If the Ulster forwards gain parity, and I don't see any reason why not, Ulster have more than enough flair behind the scrum to win. Don't forget Ulster have won their last six games without playing well. This Sunday might just be the we we turn it on
ardsrugbyards
Initiate

Post by ardsrugbyards »

ULSTER ULSTER ULSTER put in any sort of a performance and it will be a win for the Ulstermen , P3, RP and Muller didn't come over here to loose big games like this.
GMAC
Initiate

Post by GMAC »

Cascade wrote:
StMorrissey wrote:4000 v 16000. I predict we'll win that battle. If we take our current form onto the pitch I feel confident of a win but against an Irish team I'm not so sure. We beat Munster so we have the belief, it'll be within one score either way.
St Morrissey, let me begin.

There once was a bloke by the name of Gideon, he bought together a mere 300 men who knew how to drink correctly, could blow their own trumpets and had a few jars. They also had a few dreamers in their midst. They put the fear of god into an opposition of greater number so much that they fled and turned on themselves. Stand Up, sayeth the Lord.
:salut: Well said Brother Andy

Remember Saint Morrisey as it says in the good book. "Strayeth ye not sideways into the path of temptation, rather remaineth ye behind the hindmost foot for to do otherwise will bring down my wrath upon thee. And knoweth ye that verily the true path lieth only through the gate ." Book of Roman (Poite) Chapter 1 Vs 1and 2 :wink:

PS Ulster by 5
We'll not mention The Book of Peter (Allen) as it just refers to the blind leading the blind :lol:
SUFTU :red: :red: :red: :red:
Post Tenebras Lux
baldeagle09
Initiate

Post by baldeagle09 »

Saints to win 24-9.....well you did ask for an honest prediction...I hope I am wrong needless to say
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

It will be narrow, and I predict less than 5 points in it. I honestly believe we can do it. Muller will be fired up and will ensure that everyone around him plays to the best of their ability. This IS Ulster's biggest game in around 10 years. The players will not be out to disappoint
Follow me on Twitter
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

I really don't know who will win but that's just the beauty of the European Cup. I'm thinking last play of the game Ulster winning 15-12 and Ashton intercepts and goes for a swallow dive and drops the ball. I can picture that 8)
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Ulster by 2, definitely including a drop/pen in the last 4 mins! (to Ulster) high scoring, maybe 23-21 Ulster? That's the heads thoughts

The heart has a funny feeling, somewhat similar to a funny feeling I had a few weeks back before a certain Irl v Eng game. Can't describe the feeling but it is there.....
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rich123 wrote:The free p's will be out picketing the mk!

Cmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm UUUUllllllllllllllsterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I hope so as they brought us a great result the last time :cheers: :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cascade
Novice

Post by Cascade »

GMAC wrote:
Cascade wrote:
StMorrissey wrote:4000 v 16000. I predict we'll win that battle. If we take our current form onto the pitch I feel confident of a win but against an Irish team I'm not so sure. We beat Munster so we have the belief, it'll be within one score either way.
St Morrissey, let me begin.

There once was a bloke by the name of Gideon, he bought together a mere 300 men who knew how to drink correctly, could blow their own trumpets and had a few jars. They also had a few dreamers in their midst. They put the fear of god into an opposition of greater number so much that they fled and turned on themselves. Stand Up, sayeth the Lord.
:salut: Well said Brother Andy

Remember Saint Morrisey as it says in the good book. "Strayeth ye not sideways into the path of temptation, rather remaineth ye behind the hindmost foot for to do otherwise will bring down my wrath upon thee. And knoweth ye that verily the true path lieth only through the gate ." Book of Roman (Poite) Chapter 1 Vs 1and 2 :wink:

PS Ulster by 5
We'll not mention The Book of Peter (Allen) as it just refers to the blind leading the blind :lol:
SUFTU :red: :red: :red: :red:
Obviously new testament that stuff - no metion of hookers.
StMorrissey
Novice

Post by StMorrissey »

Forget the bible. Hartley, Lawes, Dowson, Wilson, Wood, Ashton, Foden, Tongauiha, Mujati are all big game players. Clutch at straws and dream of Ashton dropping the ball because in reality he won't! Kick badly and you'll be dealing with Foden all afternoon and if your pack has an off day we'll go right through the middle.
This is an honest question, how many Ulster players are current internationals?
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

Tom Court, Rory Best, Stevie Ferris (injured), Paddy Wallace, Andy Trimble - that makes 5 Ireland internationals.

Outside of Ireland, BJ Botha, Ruan Pienaar both play for Springboks, whilst Simon Danielli is a Scottish international.

Johann Muller is a vastly experienced Springbok, as is Pedrie Wannenburg (P3).
Follow me on Twitter