Gatwick flight delayed 4 hours!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Re: Gatwick flight delayed 4 hours!

Post by bootlaced »

yup pretty gutted for you guys.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

absolutely gutted for you guys. My flight was cancelled for the bath game so kinda know a little about what u feel. totally sux.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
TriGav
Novice

Post by TriGav »

Managed to get the tickets re-printed for the guys that are over there. MK Stadium were good about it,so they are at Stadium Village,pint and burger in hand, while I am stuck in good old Norn Irn,left to watch the match on the box. Still gutted
Please do not distrurb Mr Pienaar - he is operating in his bubble of calm
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Good man TriGav :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
TriGav
Novice

Post by TriGav »

Flybe still saying they "Did what they could" Flight ended upgoing a bit earlier than we were told. Landed (Wheels down) at 12.29 at Gatwick, evn allowing for 15 mins to taxi in and get through airport,public transport no option - even a taxi would be 1.40.

Best case maybe at the ground for 2nd half.
Please do not distrurb Mr Pienaar - he is operating in his bubble of calm
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

TriGav wrote:Managed to get the tickets re-printed for the guys that are over there. MK Stadium were good about it,so they are at Stadium Village,pint and burger in hand, while I am stuck in good old Norn Irn,left to watch the match on the box. Still gutted

Can do nothing except extend sympathy- definitively frustrating. Great recovery job you did on behalf of others however!! :salut:
gillianh
Novice

Post by gillianh »

Hi guys
My name's Gillian Halliday and I'm a reporter for the News Letter. I'm looking to speak to anyone affected by Flybe's delayed flight today; those who decided against taking the 12.05 flight and those who decided to press on and make the journey.

If you're interested in speaking to me, please give me a call on 028 38395590 or email me: gillian.halliday@portadowntimes.co.uk,

Cheers
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

for dog and ulcer wrote:
TriGav wrote:Managed to get the tickets re-printed for the guys that are over there. MK Stadium were good about it,so they are at Stadium Village,pint and burger in hand, while I am stuck in good old Norn Irn,left to watch the match on the box. Still gutted

Can do nothing except extend sympathy- definitively frustrating. Great recovery job you did on behalf of others however!! :salut:

great effort mate :salut: :salut: :salut: :cheers: :cheers:
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

just on BBC newsline - they had NO PILOT!!!! what an absolute disgrace. shambles.
Red Hand PD
Novice

Post by Red Hand PD »

There were 8 or 9 of us who hung around in the hope Fly Maybe would get their act together and find a pilot. After a "free" fry we got away an hour earlier than planned - just 3 hours later than scheduled :duh: 4 guys headed off to get the train up to MK (did you guys make it?) and 4 of us split a £200 taxi :oops: To be fair the driver put the boot down the whole way round the M25 and we got into the stadium 2 minutes before Trimble's try ... unfortunately it all went downhill from there :puker:

Still had a great day out, N'hampton fans on the grassy hill behind the beer bus after the game were great and shared their mini scotch eggs and lemon drizzle cake with us.

The "Man of the Match" award goes to our pal who hid a case of Tuborg he'd bough in ASDA behind a skip and although the skip had been collected he got the beer back - best part was that the frozen peas he's surrounded the bottles with had done their job and kept the beer cold :salut:

Sure there's always next year!
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

For all those delayed and out of pocket by the whole experience, get your claims into FlyBe for compensation - it has to be in writing and it may take up to 28 days for them to reply.... But, if you can get anything out of them its worth it!
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...