What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: What annoys people????

Post by shamalicious »

Seems that I was the only one here who enjoyed the wedding! What can I say, I love a fairytale wedding :)
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

shamalicious wrote:Seems that I was the only one here who enjoyed the wedding! What can I say, I love a fairytale wedding :)
Enjoy the fairytale cost of the fecking thing Shammy, £20M for security alone. I'd have been happy to take a chance on a bloodbath than for my taxes to go on Mr Plod's overtime.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

shamalicious wrote:Seems that I was the only one here who enjoyed the wedding! What can I say, I love a fairytale wedding :)
I doubt it Sham. The lads have some amount of posts they must all have been watching the event with great interest.

Of course only ladies are permitted to admit they enjoy these weddings. Blokes are allowed to mention bridesmaids árses and the possibility of said area, or close to it, being breached at some point in time. Anything else could be construed as a sign of weakness. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Ah that's ok I'm excused then! I also have all the fun of marriage ahead of me yet :wink:
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
baldeagle09
Initiate

Post by baldeagle09 »

Copy of 287391987.jpg
Copy of 287391987.jpg (53.05 KiB) Viewed 238 times

I didn't see the above picture in the press coverage of the wedding
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

10 minutes after that photo was taken, Kate was complaining of indegestion.

The Queen asked "Have you tried Andrews"?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
Enjoy the fairytale cost of the fecking thing Shammy, £20M for security alone. I'd have been happy to take a chance on a bloodbath than for my taxes to go on Mr Plod's overtime.
Gooner, you should know better.
Just a £20m boost to the economy that will generate considerably more GDP which the Government will get straight back in the form of tax at the rate of more than 41% per lap.

The royal family is one of the best money making rackets anywhere.
UtahOne
Novice

Post by UtahOne »

Election Posters. Trashy.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Discovered this fine thread at the bottom of the page slipping into oblivion as it may or may not deserve. In an effort to breathe new life into its corpse:

I absolutely loathe hate & despise the wasteland that is the "summer break" - roll on the new season.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

duck hooks
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:duck hooks
I can sympathise however at least there is usually some power in a duck hook and the feeling of having whacked the ball. The dramatic slice however is a hugely more mortifying stroke, coming with all the power of a spider's full-on fart. An embarrassment to the player as it will usually be pathetically short and in the case of the least talented, feathering ground-wards short of the ladies tee accompanied by raucous shouts from playing partners of "nanny!"

Thankfully I am not prone to either, my bad ones are usually a moderate hook or a straight block.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

i am well past the days of being satisfied with a poor shot, simply because i had hit it a f%^&in mile.
i recall playing at magee island once upon a while ago, and blocking a drive on the 1st tee into the lough of Strangford. my comment was something along the lines of: "hard to be annoyed when you've nailed it"

nowadays however, im all about consistency and accuracy and control. sometimes a slight hook works out well enough, but having to play a less than full shot because you're stuck in junk isnt good.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

are you a golfer BaggyTrousers?
there was a guy who used to post here, was also a golfer, name was bag-something... - goonhead to most of us.

the way that guy blethered about golf, you'd think he was a pro. he would probably destroy you round the links...!

on a totally unrelated, but still golfing note, a mate's mother won a matchplay match 10&8.
:salut:
that is a spanking!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:i recall playing at magee island once upon a while ago,

Never played there myself but there is an excellent course at Mahee Island. ;)
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

PWR: Your description of Mahee Island as "excellent" does rather take away from your credibility as a golf judge. It scrapes into the acceptable to pleasant category & I say that with no offence to its very welcoming members.

WKOTW aka Welder: Clearly that Bag something/ Goonhead character was a Walter Mitty type blowhard. I on the other hand am the real deal ,a player of some talent but much more importantly,for discussion purposes, highly knowledgeable about the subject. Should you wish any swing tips either describe your problems or PM a short video which I will happily critique and sort you out.

I am indeed a golfer, formerly of some note but you will find my depth of knowledge and golfing experience far more valuable. I am considering becoming a swing coach to a small number of clients. In the meantime feel free to use this thread as problem page.

Suggest you get someone to photograph your grip and post the pic here, duck hooking is usually associated with poor grip position or the line of takeway. As for the grip, Vardon, overlapping or interlocking? If not Vardon you need to go back to basics if you ever hope to master the game in terms of consistency. I know NIcklaus didn't use it but he had ridiculously small hands for a big lad.

Happy trails , keep her straight and you won;t go far wrong - unless of course your sense of direction is hopeless.

By the way I have all the time in the world for your winning mentality of not congratulating yourself on "bleaching" the ball but in a hopeless direction. Had I a pound note for every time I've heard some jerk say "wow I scorched that one" as he hacks about in the bushes for his roller then I would indeed be worth several hundred pounds. Yes you may say its hardly a fortune but in these straightened times I think you will be convinced that its not a sum to be sniffed at.