MUNSTER THREAD 2010/11

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: MUNSTER THREAD 2010/11

Post by Snipe Watson »

Munster are a team in decline and have a real problem between ROG and their back three, the original missing link. They really miss POC when he is not fit, but the player they cannot do without is Quinlan. The most underrated player in Ireland how Leamy kept getting into the Ireland squad ahead of him is a total mystery to me.

That's why we want to finish 4th and not 3rd :red:
TimGibson
Novice

Post by TimGibson »

Is there any Amlin cup highlights?
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

Snipe Watson wrote:That's why we want to finish 4th and not 3rd :red:
Agreed!
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I wonder if the performance against the Ospreys had anything to do with it? Munster were immense last weekend - maybe they would have been better having a rest? Tell you what, we DO NOT want to play munster in the league semi-final - they'll rest their entire side next week and then go full out for the semi-final at thomand. Give me the ladyboys with one eye on the HC final any day...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

againstthehead wrote:I wonder if the performance against the Ospreys had anything to do with it? Munster were immense last weekend - maybe they would have been better having a rest? Tell you what, we DO NOT want to play munster in the league semi-final - they'll rest their entire side next week and then go full out for the semi-final at thomand. Give me the ladyboys with one eye on the HC final any day...

I still reckon Munster are on the downward spiral,they have no midfield,the props are past it and they need a new hooker.,and the backrow probably don't have more that one season left in them,they are weak at 9[ although Murray looks to have potential] and 10,and the back 3 don't really show any spark any more.No doubts the coaches will be blamed.They will still be strong for the rest of the season but next year they are in danger of fading.Sad all the same unless they really concentrate on bringing new and young players through but will the Munsters faithful have the patience.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

judging by their forum, they won't lol
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

Snipe Watson wrote:Munster are a team in decline and have a real problem between ROG and their back three, the original missing link. They really miss POC when he is not fit, but the player they cannot do without is Quinlan. The most underrated player in Ireland how Leamy kept getting into the Ireland squad ahead of him is a total mystery to me.

That's why we want to finish 4th and not 3rd :red:
I'd think its more a tranistion than a decline mind you you could be correct, but Warrick, Dowling, Buckly, Hayes, Quinlan, Prop Ryan, BMurphy, are all vanishing next season, and they are getting Botha, Keating, and a bunch of otehr players. I think McGahan must be on dodgy ground, Munster expect to wind things and they expect to win in Thomond...that was a gash pissh poor performance aby any standards.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

With the exception of Felix Jones they are light on young fellas coming through
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

I wouldn't even call Felix Jones a young fella (compared to players like Marshall and Gilroy anyway) - he'll be 24 in August. And he's from Leinster.

I think the Munster back 3 of Jones, Howlett and Earls is pretty good but without decent centres they haven't been effective as the ball just gets shipped out laterally.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

exactly.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

demise of Munster - blah blah blah.

Haven't seen the game today but I have watched them a fair bit over the last few weeks and they have been playing some very nice rugby. I assume they just didn't bring their usual intensity to the game today. But make no mistake -they have a lot of VERY good players. In POC and Flan, they've had a couple of key injuries. Against Leinster and the Ospreys they were excellent - it may have been a case of poor player management today.

We're still a long way behind them and until we start beating them reguarly at home AND away, then there ain;t too much too much sleggin we can do. My money would be on Munster to win the Magners.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

againstthehead wrote:demise of Munster - blah blah blah.

Haven't seen the game today but I have watched them a fair bit over the last few weeks and they have been playing some very nice rugby. I assume they just didn't bring their usual intensity to the game today. But make no mistake -they have a lot of VERY good players. In POC and Flan, they've had a couple of key injuries. Against Leinster and the Ospreys they were excellent - it may have been a case of poor player management today.

We're still a long way behind them and until we start beating them reguarly at home AND away, then there ain;t too much too much sleggin we can do. My money would be on Munster to win the Magners.
they've had a bad season and a win against a demotivated ospreys and their nemesis doesn't change that.

they won a series of games from jan to april and the irish media were so desperate to see rebound they talked it up.

it's a bit like the opposite of us at the start of the season - unbeaten in six but not really tested. except then the media was desperate to talk us down so the fragility of our streak was highlighted.

they might still win the magners but if it goes that way, we should go to TP thinking we can win - because we can't. doesn't mean we will but it's a fair fight, unlike against leinster...
Father Jack
Novice

Post by Father Jack »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:2 posts on munsterfans later and the whiteknight has been banned from there.
apparently they dont agree that poite is having a good game and that going to old langers such as horan and hayes is a good option to try and turn things around....

their mods could learn a trick or 2 from the good father - leniancy is a virtue...

Glad you appreciate our tolerance WKOTW just make sure you continue to do it justice. :cowboy:
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

What would we be saying about Ulster if they had won 17 in the Magners League this year? :roll:

Clearly a disappointing season in the games were it really matters for Munster- but the sensible among us appreciate its going to be very tough if we come up against Munster.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

couldn't have happened to amore deserving bunch, they'd already tiedthe ribbons on the cup when the failed to qualify for the HC QF. Slap it up them.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999