Barry or Ian

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: Barry or Ian

Post by shamalicious »

Och don't talk tripe. He's probably had more games than most of the 1st XV. He and Ruan have been the axis for the team nearly all season and let's not forget Humphs last minute and long range penalties. He has been the difference between winning and losing a fair few crucial matches. He has 2 defensively poor-ish games in a row and you're calling for him to be replaced and you don't expect people to wind yer neck in?
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

Bopeep wrote:For next season maybe Ulster should sign Barry Humpries to take the 10 shirt from Ian. What a shocker he had tonight my Granny could tackle better, lucky he has an older brother with connections
Barry Humphries is 77 and never played rugby--Ian didn't have his best game--fair enough. Your granny couldn't tackle better and I doubt that you could either. Your suggestion that he is only there because of his brother is offensive to his time at Leicester and his representative rugby throughout his career.

He's not perfect, but who in your expert opinion would you replace him with? Just look at the how muchy he creates to challenge opposition defences and how his place kicking has improved throughout the season.

Now please share some insight or get the flock out of here.
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Okay we will see next season just how great he is and those who try and be critical of him next season will be reminded of just how great a player he is.
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Okay we will see next season just how great he is and those who try and be critical of him next season will be reminded of just how great a player he is.
:mexican: :duh: :lol: :lol:
Joony-k
Novice

Post by Joony-k »

Eggs wrote:
Bopeep wrote:For next season maybe Ulster should sign Barry Humpries to take the 10 shirt from Ian. What a shocker he had tonight my Granny could tackle better, lucky he has an older brother with connections

Your always coming out with this drivel. Don't have the stats but how many man of the match awards has he had this season? At least a few, so you are saying that the best player out of the 30 on the pitch shouldn't be playing for us? Garbage
Couldn't agree with you more. He has been one of the better players this season and I think we would be Fecked without him tbh. It's well known that O'gara can't tackle and look how long he's been playing for ireland and doesn't even have the attacking flair Humphs does. How many flyhalfs do you [Bopeep] know that could tackle O'brien or Heaslip running at full pace?
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Guys you can't take BoPeep seriously - according to him Ian only players because of who his big brother is.

Which anyone with half a brain cell knows is complete drivel
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Bopeep wrote:
Eggs wrote:

Your always coming out with this drivel. Don't have the stats but how many man of the match awards has he had this season? At least a few, so you are saying that the best player out of the 30 on the pitch shouldn't be playing for us? Garbage
Whats the problem can no one make a negative comment, he has hardly played this season was on the bench for most of the start of the season, as you put it Garbage.
I'd imagine rational argument is wasted on you so here are the facts.

iHumph has played 19 games this season, scoring 159 points and missing 10 games through a combination of NOC being selected for 4, 3 missed through injury and Wallace playing 3 games on Deccie's orders. He has played a total of 1352 minutes, which is quite a lot considering he has missed 10 games and was subbed off v. Embra after 9 minutes due to injury. Compare that to say Faloon played 23 games 1271 mins.

When he is on the pitch, the team look threatening and score tries, when he is off we look clueless. As for missing a tackle on Heaslip, no doubt you saw it on t.v which foreshortens the distance between the players. Humphreys was'nt in a close enough position to make a tackle. He was about 9 feet away when Heaslip got the ball. He shouldn't have left the gap but nothing came of it so no big deal. He made plenty of others. Lots of tackles were 'missed' by lots of players including Henry, Spence, Best, Barker, Danielli and of course the shocker from Pienaar and Pedrie when Fitzgerald got a free pass to score. There is nothing wrong with criticism but if you are going to be critical, make sure of your facts first. It gives support and weight to your efforts. When you simply pluck 'facts' frtom thin air it is easy to refute them when they arte incorrect. Perhaps you'd rather have had NOC at 10 all season, in which case we might not be in the Heineken Cup next year.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.