Open Training Session?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

notj
Steward

Open Training Session?

Post by notj »

I actually wasn't aware of this- haven't seen any mention of it elsewhere on the forum? If I'm wrong may the mods strike me down. Seems to have flown under the radar entirely. Certainly flew under my (finely tuned) radar.

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/9584.php
We're inviting all 2011-12 Season Ticket Holders to join us to watch Captain's Practice at Ravenhill on Wednesday 24th August 5-7pm ahead of the team's only home friendly v Harlequins...

The evening will take the form of an open training session where Season Ticket Holders will be able to watch the Ulster team make their final preparations ahead of the visit on Harlequins on Friday 26th August (KO 7.30pm). Afterwards, there will be an opportunity to collect autographs, pose for photos and generally get a chance to mingle with the players ahead of the start of the season.
Food and drink will be available to purchase on the evening.

Tickets are not required, though you will need to show us your 2011-12 Season Ticket pass to gain entry

If you've not yet signed up for your 2011-12 Season Ticket please call our Ticket Office on 028 9049 3222 for a chat about the benefits.

Your Season Ticket will gain you automatic access to all 14 Ulster home games in the Heineken Cup and RaboDirect PRO12. You will save a minimum of £60 in comparison to buying match tickets, you'll have priority booking for Ulster Rugby away matches as well as for Heineken Cup quarter finals upon qualification. You will also be entered into an exclusive ballot for the opportunity to purchase International tickets and will benefit from fantastic discounts and offers from our partners at Ulster Rugby.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Open Training Session?

Post by ColinM »

Not really open if its only for season ticket holders...maybe they should be trying to attract non ST holders to come along and get the bug...
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

notj wrote:I actually wasn't aware of this- haven't seen any mention of it elsewhere on the forum? If I'm wrong may the mods strike me down. Seems to have flown under the radar entirely. Certainly flew under my (finely tuned) radar.

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/9584.php
We're inviting all 2011-12 Season Ticket Holders to join us to watch Captain's Practice at Ravenhill on Wednesday 24th August 5-7pm ahead of the team's only home friendly v Harlequins...

The evening will take the form of an open training session where Season Ticket Holders will be able to watch the Ulster team make their final preparations ahead of the visit on Harlequins on Friday 26th August (KO 7.30pm). Afterwards, there will be an opportunity to collect autographs, pose for photos and generally get a chance to mingle with the players ahead of the start of the season.
Food and drink will be available to purchase on the evening.

Tickets are not required, though you will need to show us your 2011-12 Season Ticket pass to gain entry

If you've not yet signed up for your 2011-12 Season Ticket please call our Ticket Office on 028 9049 3222 for a chat about the benefits.

Your Season Ticket will gain you automatic access to all 14 Ulster home games in the Heineken Cup and RaboDirect PRO12. You will save a minimum of £60 in comparison to buying match tickets, you'll have priority booking for Ulster Rugby away matches as well as for Heineken Cup quarter finals upon qualification. You will also be entered into an exclusive ballot for the opportunity to purchase International tickets and will benefit from fantastic discounts and offers from our partners at Ulster Rugby.
It was originally billed as a 'Family Fun Event' open to ST hodlers but mysteriously changed to an open training session.
Don't know why this was but no reason was given for the change.

I thought the family element of it could have been interesting, particularly for younger children and I suspect they either didn't have the imagination to come up with something other than the players training to grab the interest of the really young next generation of supporters or they just bottled it. I think that's really disappointing.

You shouldn't bill an event as one thing then revert back to it being an open training session with no reason. Must do better UR!
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

There was scope for the original 'diary booking' information to be misinterpreted.

The event was described as both pre-season and family but also stated - "The event will centre around the team's final preparations for their home friendly against Harlequins two days later and season ticket holders will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with the players."

That, I think, was delivered.

However, the photo attached to the original article included a caption - "Family Fun at Ravenhill" even though the event was not billed as a Fun event.

Perhaps should also have thrown in face painting, stilt walkers, bouncy castle etc. to keep all family members interested however.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

cables wrote:There was scope for the original 'diary booking' information to be misinterpreted.

The event was described as both pre-season and family but also stated - "The event will centre around the team's final preparations for their home friendly against Harlequins two days later and season ticket holders will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with the players."

That, I think, was delivered.

However, the photo attached to the original article included a caption - "Family Fun at Ravenhill" even though the event was not billed as a Fun event.

Perhaps should also have thrown in face painting, stilt walkers, bouncy castle etc. to keep all family members interested however.
Agreed Cables. I think there was a missed opportunity there (and I say that as a parent of a 3 yr old who would've loved that).

Not to worry - the important stuff starts tonight and I'm taking bets on long it will be before Wee Girly gets bored, I give it 20mins (and that's a long shot) :lol:
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

cables wrote: Perhaps should also have thrown in face painting, stilt walkers, bouncy castle etc. to keep all family members interested however.

Nooooooo! Nor mimes.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean