ItV coverage

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Re: ItV coverage

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I managed to catch about 5 mins of the NZ - Tonga game live yesterday and yes, England were mentioned in the commentary. Watched the 5 min highlights of the Scotland match and England were mentioned. In the build up to the Franch match, guess what? You got it! We should have a guess the number of times England get mentioned in coverage of groups they are not in competition. Answers on a post card to.......
Mum 8)
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
johnny01984
Novice

ItV coverage

Post by johnny01984 »

In fra v jap

Commentator comment regarding tmo. "how can the tmo take so long over the decision and not award the try" what???????? Never heard anything more ridiculous in my life.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

By the sound of this it looks like I have not missed much yet then.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
johnny01984
Novice

ItV coverage

Post by johnny01984 »

It gets worse phil viceroy now commentating on England game
johnny01984
Novice

ItV coverage

Post by johnny01984 »

Vickery stupid iphone
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

England have been poor so far but if u listen to the commentators you would think they were the real all blacks.....total joke. Brian Moore would be so much better ( I can't believe I just said that ) but right now he would be laying into England whereas the muppets with the mics are purring at a sub-standard start,
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

promsandwich wrote:England have been poor so far but if u listen to the commentators you would think they were the real all blacks.....total joke. Brian Moore would be so much better ( I can't believe I just said that ) but right now he would be laying into England whereas the muppets with the mics are purring at a sub-standard start,
My thoughts exactly. Can't wait to hear Hook or Pope or Sheehan slate them tonight. I'll be in a bad mood all day now.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gael wrote:
promsandwich wrote:England have been poor so far but if u listen to the commentators you would think they were the real all blacks.....total joke. Brian Moore would be so much better ( I can't believe I just said that ) but right now he would be laying into England whereas the muppets with the mics are purring at a sub-standard start,
My thoughts exactly. Can't wait to hear Hook or Pope or Sheehan slate them tonight. I'll be in a bad mood all day now.
Vickery was an absolutely terrible co-commentator. When Youngs scored the commentary completely broke down with one eyed Phil just saying exclaiming 'Come on England!'. It was just awful and was tempted to switch off.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HEREWEGO
Novice

Post by HEREWEGO »

Have to agree, the commentary on the England match was terrible, extremely one sided, hopefully it will improve!! Watched it with the sound off near the end.
Tenyarder
Novice

Post by Tenyarder »

Can't wait for Hook and Pope?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3cePrcHUFQ
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

The "C'mon England!" was unforgivable.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Vickery=awful.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by AyeYerMa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:58 pm

It sort of is. ITV was formed from the merger of 2 English broadcasters. They dont proclaim to be a British broadcaster, they are an English company.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

johnny01984 wrote:In fra v jap

Commentator comment regarding tmo. "how can the tmo take so long over the decision and not award the try" what???????? Never heard anything more ridiculous in my life.

Just finished watching that game,had a giggle myself at that comment,and having watched all the other games I have come to the simple conclusion that ITV coverage is cr*p,so we've come up with a new game have a drink at the commentators expense,ie just keep drinking and turn the sound down.

I should add that the coverage of the opening ceremony was terrible,and so far the tournament has'nt really kicked into life,I reckon the best game so far was Japan v France,the English v Argentina game was terrible,Lawes needs a citing at least.has the Namibian no 10 scored the quickest drop goal hat trick in any competition ?
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

fuzzylogic wrote:
by AyeYerMa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:58 pm

It sort of is. ITV was formed from the merger of 2 English broadcasters. They dont proclaim to be a British broadcaster, they are an English company.

Then the fact that they have been granted, or are even considered for UK wide broadcasting rights for an international event is unforgivable.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean