President

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: President

Post by Jackie Brown »

irishfan wrote:Yes and I suppose I imagined the 100,000 people against the peace deals at City Hall lead by Unionist MPs of all parties? Let's not make out Martin and the IRA are to blame for the Troubles on their own. Holy Cross anyone?
This site has always been a place where Ulstermen and Ulsterwomen have chatted and had a bit of banter. Lately we've had a few more of our Munster and Leinster bretherin come in for the crack. It's not the place for this sectarian themuns were worse rubbish. Anymore and I hope the Mods remove you.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Jackie Brown wrote:
irishfan wrote:Yes and I suppose I imagined the 100,000 people against the peace deals at City Hall lead by Unionist MPs of all parties? Let's not make out Martin and the IRA are to blame for the Troubles on their own. Holy Cross anyone?
This site has always been a place where Ulstermen and Ulsterwomen have chatted and had a bit of banter. Lately we've had a few more of our Munster and Leinster bretherin come in for the crack. It's not the place for this sectarian themuns were worse rubbish. Anymore and I hope the Mods remove you.
Well said Jackie a clampit of the the highest order.Wanted to join the Orange/masonic alliance on another post- Complete Buffoon :duh:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Boynesider
Novice

Post by Boynesider »

I must say when I read the list of candidates I was disappointed. Trying to imagine any of them walking out on the field of Lansdowne Rd or meeting with other heads of state brings a shudder.

Gay Mitchell probably fits the profile easiest because he is simply the slimiest of the bunch. Marty to give him his due has the skills at his disposal that he has honed over the years. But I think it will be too hard for people to separate him from his past. Taking the average industrial wage is very commendable and at the very least he might bring the other candidates to make a similar commitment.

If I had to choose right now it would be Michael D Higgins. His work on human rights particularly in some unpopular but needy causes. He was brave enough to question US foreign policy during Reagan's reign and cronyism at home. He is getting on a bit but still, he's the pick of the bunch for me.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

gun-pic_125381d.jpg
gun-pic_125381d.jpg (24.32 KiB) Viewed 743 times
Available for weddings May to August only
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Jackie, you hit the nail on the head there. My tuppenceworth is that, if the fact that MMcG is running means that we all move further away from the threat of violence (or the act of violence) as a way of settling our differences, that's a good thing. At the moment, we up North can only watch what happens and leave it to the people down South to choose their President. I have to say they've picked wisely for the last four times at least so let's hope they can pick wisely this time as well. Now back to more important issues like the matches at the weekend.
Cheers,

Rocky.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well it looks like it is between Michael D Higgins and Sean Gallagher if the most recent polls are correct with Marty back in third place.

Still a while to go of course and things can still change depending on what more stories come out about the candidates.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Shan - a good wee story about Sean Gallagher last night!
Did you see that one coming?
Should make the count on friday a bit more interesting me thinks.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Mike - the money was only resting in his account :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Shan - a good wee story about Sean Gallagher last night!
Did you see that one coming?
Should make the count on friday a bit more interesting me thinks.
Hi Mike, I refer you to my early analysis...
Sean Gallagher(Independent)....Technically independent but a Fianna Fáiler until last year...mmm got out just in time before announcing his intention to run and then tried to hide his membership so is obviously dodge.
No surprise for me. The only surprise is it took so long. I just hope it is not too late in the day to stop him. It certainly should give Michael D a good chance to make a fight for it which certainly pleases me.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

ColinM wrote:Mike - the money was only resting in his account :D
As someone on another forum said, if Gallagher is still elected after all this then Father Ted was a documentary.
>TH
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Yes I watched this on the news tonight and to be fair Dobbo for once actually asked questions of an FF individual.

I particularly enjoyed this bit from Gallagher
He said he was not sure what his spokesman had said, but added that he always told the truth.
FF people have a strange notion of what the truth is. For them it means telling lie after lie but denying it is lies, therefore it is the truth.
>TH

He has been caught by the snaps and he'd be better off just saying he made a mistake. Right now he sounds like what he is. A liar who is digging away.
Last edited by Shan on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Was shocked reading Against's link:
Speaking in Longford during a canvas and walkabout, Dana said she is hoping the people of Ireland will vote for her on her records .................................
As printed in the link that is how it read but then I saw: "............. of honesty and achievement." Made more sense without the last bit.

All kinds of everything reminds me of ....... how much I don't like that woman. 8)
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ara feck. Poor old Dana. Just when she thought it couldn't get any worse along comes old Bagpuss to give her his vote of no confidence.

>TH
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:Ara feck. Poor old Dana. Just when she thought it couldn't get any worse along comes old Bagpuss to give her his vote of no confidence.

>TH
Stupid bint didn't even know she was driving with a flat wheel on the car then tries to blame some langer for stabbing it :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best