AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

gannonman
Steward

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by gannonman »

Heard today that we have got two back row players but I don't know who.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

gannonman wrote:Heard today that we have got two back row players but I don't know who.
Along with a few others I might add that have not been named on here.
Paul McKenzie is playing for Dungannon next year and in combination with the existing backs and a few other new ones will leave a top class backline this year, few decent forwards also expected.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Rooster wrote:
gannonman wrote:Heard today that we have got two back row players but I don't know who.
Paul McKenzie is playing for Dungannon next year and in combination with the existing backs and a few other new ones will leave a top class backline this year, few decent forwards also expected.
Do you know any player names mate?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

gannonman wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Do you know any player names mate?
I have a very bad memory for names :oops:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

One signing I do know is that James Bates is back from Clogher Valley. Guys are North America tour and beat a team 65-10. First (competitive) match v Instonians 26th August
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Copied From Malone RFC Website on 22 August 2011 :

''Please find below brief details I have obtained which outlines new players arriving at the club and also players leaving. The list is correct as of today however I am advised there will be more singings mostly school leavers.

I am hoping to update Senior Player Profiles on the site towards the end of the week once I obtain the necessary pictures and player information.

IN

ROSS DICKSON
MATHEW IRVINE
CHRIS LEATHEM
KIRK FRAME
CHRIS BRIGL
GRAEME TAYLOR
SHANDON SCOTT
STUART MARSHALL
ROSS CONNOR
STUART CURRIE
PETER RODGERS
AUSTIN BLACKBURN
LEE BICKER
CORY TIPPING
PHILIP COULTER

OUT

DAVID HALLIDAY
JOHN ANDERSON
MARK HILL
JOHNNY ROWAN
NATHAN RANKIN
THOMAS HORNER
KENNY CALLADINE ''
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

No surprise a few Dromore and Banbridge boys in those arrivals.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

cjp wrote:No surprise a few Dromore and Banbridge boys in those arrivals.
Bernard has moved to Malone and taken Dromore guys with him. I know a Dromore supporter and he is not going to bother watching them this season because of the amount of players they have lost. Feel for them. They beat Portadown last year.
striker
Novice

Post by striker »

robrfc15 wrote:Being a Rainey man myself and from being out at training i can certainly tell you Mr TheSnapper, that yes at the start of last season we struggled through injuries and all at first but then we came back strong and proved that we are good side. And thank you Snipewatson for making that point that we finished 6th in what was known as AIL3 which is now known as (UBL 2B) before TheSnapper corrects me and in the Ulster Senior League we finished 5th. We sat last week with our coaches and looked into it in depth and and looked at how many points we had got from one season to another and we also looked at how many we conceded and compared everything and it showed us how far we have came on, so if you want me to get you them facts i will, to prove to you not to write us off before the season even starts.

Another thing TheSnapper, would you like to inform me what players we have lost as you seem to think its a few players, so where ever you are getting your information i suggest don't believe everything you hear mate. By the way one last thing TheSnapper, but what club is your local club i'd like to know.
Is the Snapper well known 'hinch photographer?!
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

So it all starts this weekend. Just make this the thread for it? I personally would love to get more discussions about club rugby on this forum!
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

should be an interesting league.
1B
Dungannon - Should do well and seem to be hitting good form going into the AIL. Add to that the players Ulster release for them. Promotion possible.
Harlequins - Will be a safe option in this league but won't push for promotion. Again they will rely on Ulter players to see them through.
Ballymena - Gonna struglle in this league and probably get relegated
Hinch - Always a hard a team to beat at home, espcially come the winter. Think they have lost a few key figures an won't be the force they usually are. could struggle.
2A
Queens - not gone great this year in the ulster league. Losing players like McIlwaine, Porter and Ferg will not help them. Mid table
Instonians- No depth in the club. Gonna struglle this year is last Saturday is anything to go by. Could be in a relegation battle
Malone - Started poorly but picking up some form. Be the usual mid table team.
COD - Always will be a hard team for anyone to beat at home. Could push for a play off place if they keep McCarter fit.
2B
Ards - gonna struggle in this league. One good performance in the Ulster league and the rest have been big losses.
Armagh - Mid table. Signed some seasoned AIL players and that experience will help. Mid table.
Banbridge - could be a push for a play off place. unlucky last year.
Rainey - Hard team to beat a home especially in the wimter. will just avoid a relegation fight
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

So the fixtures this weekend for the Ulster clubs are

Belfast Harlequins v U.L. Bohemian
Dungannon v UCD
UCC v Ballymena
Galweigans v Ballynahinch

City of Derry v Terenure College
Malone v Clonakilty
Queens v Instonians

Banbridge v Navan
Rainey OB v Ards
Sundays Wells v Armagh

Good luck to all teams!
penfold
Novice

Post by penfold »

[quote="cheese"]
Rainey - Hard team to beat a home especially in the wimter. will just avoid a relegation fight[/quote]

Like Snapper, I think you are underestimating the men from Magherafelt.

Were it not for key injuries in the early stages of the AIL last season I think they would have been very much in the mix for a promotion place. I would expect to see them in the top third come the end of the league rather than the bottom third.

Otherwise, your predictions seem fair.
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

well i would love to be proved wrong as its a really nice club to go to and always made to feel welcome
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Belfast Harlequins v U.L. Bohemian:
Hard start for Quins but UL Bohs are weaker than last year so a home win is on the cards

Dungannon v UCD
Close win for the Red hand County men

UCC v Ballymena
UCC to win bonus point

Galweigans v Ballynahinch
Big tester for the Mighty Hinch but i do not see a win in Galway

City of Derry v Terenure College
Derry should sneak this one.

Malone v Clonakilty
Redsox to beat them up and steal a win

Queens v Instonians
Queens bonus point win