Normal Service resumes in November?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

DavyG
Steward

Re: Normal Service resumes in November?

Post by DavyG »

lovesthehardground wrote:WE MUST WIN TOMORROW.

We the spectators must adopt the same attitude. We've been dealt a cruel blow but feck it, lets look at the positives. Our RWC stars are back. Its a match we have to win. Lets get behind the WHOLE team and give them more support than previously this year. Tomorrow we have to be the 16th man.

C'mon Ulster! :red: :salut:

110% Correct

Tomorrow we have to be the 16th man.

:salut: :red:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

shamalicious wrote:My worry is however, that the team's confidence it's pretty safe to say at the end of last week was probably pretty low. Can't have improved much with this news!
They need to grow up. Everyone makes feck ups in their life and feet down about it. A real man will get back up and recover and not moan and strop about like boys wanting their mammy. There's enough experience in the Ulster squad to pull themselves together and get a good string of results
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Pretty much with you there Al, nobody can do it for them, they need to go out and sort it where it counts & I expect they will much as we don't need the Pienaar injury.

Hardyin nobody doubts small p has talent, the problem is that none of it is related to scrum half play. We can only hope he is given an armchair ride by what I expect to be a hugely dominant pack & that is with no disrespect for the Westies.

We will win and I still expect it to be a decent win with some guys being taken off early for next week.

Be of good faith :red: :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I hope ur right bagster. however, the westies are in their cup final and they'll have brought their kitchen sink with them from Galway. i haven't seen their 10 play this season but if I can do what the lad from treviso did a few weeks ago we'll have a tough afternoon. We have a superior side, however, as mentioned above confidence will be low and guys like Marshall, Humph and PW are confidence players. If we can get off to a good start they we should be grand. For me, our pack needs a performance. i'd like to see a much more forward orientated game - lots of pick and goes. Tie in the westie pack, then let the flyers have it.

I'd predict 24-12 Ulster.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Sorry for the OT. But one of the neighbours young lads, punky-hippy-skateboarder type lad borrows PS3 games on occasion.

He's just popped in, looked at the PC screen, saw the thread title and read it as "National Service resumes in November?", didn't have camera ready unfortunately....
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
porterbelly
Novice

Post by porterbelly »

againstthehead wrote:I hope ur right bagster. however, the westies are in their cup final and they'll have brought their kitchen sink with them from Galway. i haven't seen their 10 play this season but if I can do what the lad from treviso did a few weeks ago we'll have a tough afternoon. We have a superior side, however, as mentioned above confidence will be low and guys like Marshall, Humph and PW are confidence players. If we can get off to a good start they we should be grand. For me, our pack needs a performance. i'd like to see a much more forward orientated game - lots of pick and goes. Tie in the westie pack, then let the flyers have it.

I'd predict 24-12 Ulster.
This is a big game for us but our cup finals start next week, and our team reflects this with key players like O'Connor, Ofisa, Muldoon, Griffin and Fa'afili not involved.

We have a big big problem at 10, nobody has put up their hand and claimed the spot so we're in a bit of trouble there
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

cheers for the insight porkerbelly. So what ur saying is we should really thump u lads - pressure is on!!!!

how is NOC performing?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
porterbelly
Novice

Post by porterbelly »

againstthehead wrote:cheers for the insight porkerbelly. So what ur saying is we should really thump u lads - pressure is on!!!!

how is NOC performing?
Ya you should thump us really

NOC has kicked his points well but outside that offered precious little else. Can't get the backs moving and he's so easy to defend against because he offers no threat on the gainline.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Service resumes with predicted 4pts! With evostick could have been so much better!
Better atmosphere too!

Worried for Muller @ the end! Now for some grub on the way home!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

DavyG wrote:Tomorrow we have to be the 16th man.
Seemed to me that the 16th man didn't turn up much :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

very quiet 2nite grumpers.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

To be fair, I don't know how you can cheer knock-ons?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Big-al wrote:To be fair, I don't know how you can cheer knock-ons?
We shouldn't cheer just when we do something good - it's probably more important to cheer and get behind the team when the opposition have the ball - give the boys a bit of encouragement. We didn't do that nearly enough tonight. (IMO)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Cap'n
The mood at the Treviso game was like some of the playing, (ot good to be polite) I consider t0night an improvement on that!

I hope you are actually going to agree with that! :?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!