Embarrassing

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Embarrassing

Post by scrum5 »

Re-read LS's original post and while some might think he was critising our big signings, personally I don't think he was, I would agree with him in that we are behind Leinster and Munster. This weekend Leinster and Munster like ourselves were stripped of a host of their best players and still managed 2 excellent results, the problem is strength in depth. I'm of the opinion that LS was trying to say that even with ' big signing' our own indigenous players aren't good enough the big names are just masking the problem.
Last edited by scrum5 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Lisburnsooty wrote:Let me clarify my post.

I am embarrased because Munster and Leinster fans watched our team perform like a schoolboy 2nd XV in what was a really, really poor performance.

Did anyone see the Munster 2nd XV play last night. They showed pride, passion and determination. Something we lacked on Friday night.

I make no apology for my statement and I feel it to be accurate.

Regarding our high profile signings, I am aware that there are a fair few injurys but we did have -

D,Arcy, Danelli, Trimble (although he was reasonable), Diack, Court, Muller, Wannenburg, amongst a fair few other senior and well paid local talent.

A fair few 'high profile' signings here.

Regarding that pillocks abusive reply - I think when someone has to resort to that, he has lost the argument. Unless of coarse, he thought Ulster where brilliant on Friday night !

I am Ulster through and through and have been for years but we seem to be as poor as we have been for quite a while and surely Fuzzy would permit one to express their opinion.
Well said.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Well that is a far more logical and well expressed arguement.

However calling Diack and D'Arcy high profile signings is a bit of a stretch
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Lisburnsooty » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:23 pm

I am Ulster through and through and have been for years but we seem to be as poor as we have been for quite a while and surely Fuzzy would permit one to express their opinion.
Feel free to express an opinion by all means but this...
That Ulster / Glasgow pile of cr@p was live on RTE last night.

How embarrassing !

We are light years behind Leinster and Munster. Even after all the 'top drawer' signings.
Isn't really a valid point. I mean, for starters, we had one maybe two "big name" signings playing, what exactly is embarrassing and how are Leinster and Munster light years a head of us?

Put a little effort into a starting a topic and people wont slate it/become offensive. Your posting the same old whiney drivel that 90% of the people on here post without ever having anything constructive or helpful to say.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Lisburnsooty wrote:Let me clarify my post.

I am embarrased because Munster and Leinster fans watched our team perform like a schoolboy 2nd XV in what was a really, really poor performance.

Did anyone see the Munster 2nd XV play last night. They showed pride, passion and determination. Something we lacked on Friday night.

I make no apology for my statement and I feel it to be accurate.

Regarding our high profile signings, I am aware that there are a fair few injurys but we did have -

D,Arcy, Danelli, Trimble (although he was reasonable), Diack, Court, Muller, Wannenburg, amongst a fair few other senior and well paid local talent.

A fair few 'high profile' signings here.

Regarding that pillocks abusive reply - I think when someone has to resort to that, he has lost the argument. Unless of coarse, he thought Ulster where brilliant on Friday night !

Well clarified Sootymush.
Fuzzy forgets to take his tablets now and again............
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Snipe, fuzzy is well medicated these days and would have been happy enough had Lisburn posted as above for his first post instead of the crap little dig at the Ulster team he did post.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

fuzzylogic wrote:Snipe, fuzzy is well medicated these days and would have been happy enough had Lisburn posted as above for his first post instead of the crap little dig at the Ulster team he did post.
Yes, but your reply was crass and OTT
The Fonz
Novice

Post by The Fonz »

Right settle down the lot of you and less hurling insults at each other, bit of common decency and let the old priest sit and enjoy his bottle of whiskey on a Sunday evening.
I myself am heading for a few fizzy drinks and don't want disturbed either
Keep Cool 8)
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Snipe Watson » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Story of my life. But I dont care to tell the truth, Lisburns post annoyed me and I let him know. Im happy, end of discussion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

fuzzylogic wrote:
by Snipe Watson » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Story of my life. But I dont care to tell the truth
Aint that the truth
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Clever editing there Snipe, you should have a job in the media taking quotes out of context like that.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

fuzzylogic wrote:Clever editing there Snipe, you should have a job in the media taking quotes out of context like that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was accidental.....wish it wasn't.... I just deleted:
Lisburns post annoyed me and I let him know. Im happy, end of discussion
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Red Hand Hero wrote: Lot of opinion married as fact there, and a lot of crap.
As I did with Fuzzy, thanks for saving me having to post that. He is happily verbose, occasionally gets the odd thing right, marries fact with bullshit and gets very very offended when taken to task. Frankly I can do without it.
Red Hand Hero wrote:Thing is I would say, on paper, we have good strength in depth. The opening three matches of the Pro12 illustrated that, however since then we have been in a downward spiral and it doesn't seem like it is close to ending and our Head Coach cannot stop it. The Glasgow game was the exact same as the Treviso game, Ospreys, Dragons etc. Brainless, telegraphed rugby that is going to win you nothing. Confidence within the squad is on the floor, tactically they know what they are being told to do isn't working but what can you do?
The only thing I disagree with there is that unlike the other games you quote we were in that game and should have won it but for mistake upon mistake, in the others particularly Ospreys we were nowhere to me seen after the 1st 10 mins & in fairness to Treviso they actually played well.

My only problem with the selection was the voluntary resting of Gilroy & Henry, if we have to do it when we are already short of lots of 1st teamers it would be easier to cope next week at home. Henry has been magnificent this season and keeps doing all the right things. A little hard on Diack getting the big chance away from home where its always harder. Still thought before the match we had a good enough team out & was optimistic.

We are in bad need of getting Pienaar, Afoa, perhaps Terblanche, and the rest of the 1st XV back in there to salvage something from the season. A full strength we are decent, below it its a struggle with not enough creativity.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Re: Re: Embarrassing

Post by OneMore »

BaggyTrousers wrote:...My only problem with the selection was the voluntary resting of Gilroy & Henry...
Saggy, I know you're point was really around the resting of CG and CH specifically away from home, but to be honest on the face of it Diack and Danielli are more than capable replacements. I honestly don't believe the issue was this particular part of the selection. I mean if we had the full squad to choose from, I'm sure we'd have won, but losing Henry and Gilroy isn't anything like as bad as losing Best, Afoa, Ferris and Ruan.

Regardless, that team should have won that game comfortably, and they didn't. I'm sure someone will have been taking a long hard look at the video of that game over the weekend/today. Hopefully they can learn from the mistakes and move on.

Have heard that Terblanche and Afoa will be available this week. And Ruan in line for the matchday squad (if not the starting lineup).
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

OM> good news on ST, Afoa and Pienaar. I can guess YM'sreaction to that and I agree with it.