Pienaar extending his time here?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Pienaar extending his time here?

Post by Big-al »

Jordy seems a bit of a nutter, 1st of all he says Jared Payne will never play for Ulster again and then he posts "RIP Ian Humphreys"

Your not Jonny 'Mad Dog' Adair, are you?
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

To call Jackson World class, even potentailly, is plain silly.

He is a highly talented teenager of whom we have high hopes.

He should do well but it is far too early to say he will even be internatioanl class let alone world class
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Exactly - He is probably the most talented 10 at Underage level since Sexton came through. If he turns out anything like him then we've some player and it took Sexton until he was 23/24 to actually get meaningful gametime at Leinster and that was because of D'arcy getting injured, with Dr Contipomi guiding him through at 12 and BOD at 13.
Jordy
Novice

Post by Jordy »

Lighten up Baggy....He's on borrowed time whether you wish to believe it or not. :sleeping:
Jordy
Novice

Post by Jordy »

Big Al, you clearly didn't read my post correctly re Jared Payne. Somewhat surprising and a clear schoolboy error coming from such an experienced UAFC member :sleeping:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

On Pienaar I hope that UR don't let him slip away but he is a professional rugby player and if a better offer comes along he may be tempted. He may consider here home but time will tell.

On Jackson we can think what we like but until he is given the time to play and show his worth (or not) then we will never know. But as YM says if left to fester on the bench for most of this season then he will never be exposed to the pressures that will ultimately make or break him. Also why indeed was he not allowed to get at least one half for his club side after a cameo appearance on Friday particularly as others involved in the match were able to play. Not only is he not getting time for Ulster he appears to be playing little for Dungannon as well. Just how many minutes has he played this year and as other posters say Priestland has become one of the best OH in the UK in a very short space of time and that from a country that I would take any of the left overs just to get us thru this season whilst passing their experience onto the young Jackson.

Isnt it also amazing how the much maligned PW of several years ago is now our stand out back and the one need to make the rest of the unit work.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

There is a new TW@T in town - name of Jordy :twisted:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

When I said world class, I'll admit I severely overexaggerated :oops:

He'll at least be our starting 10 one day, and I wouldn't put it past him to play for Ireland either, even the Lions (or am I overexaggerating again?)

But I'll use Eoin O'Malley from the :mexican: as an example. They're not afraid to play him in the league, even when Sexton is fit, and because of that he is turning into a good solid FH with a very good looking future too.

We need to learn from this example as it's the only way he'll improve. At least play him in the Ravens so he's getting some game time.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Jordy
Novice

Post by Jordy »

[quote="BaggyTrousers"]There is a new TW@T in town - name of Jordy :twisted:[/quote

Insult noted Baggy!
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

How on earth does anybody here know whether Ian Humphreys will be here in 2 years time or whatever unless they have spoken to Doc Dave themselves??? Jordy do you know he is leaving or are you just a bs ing?
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Would it be appropriate to start a "BIG FIGHT ... BIG FIGHT" thread here now?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

But I'll use Eoin O'Malley from the :mexican: as an example. They're not afraid to play him in the league, even when Sexton is fit, and because of that he is turning into a good solid FH with a very good looking future too.
Thought O'Malley was a centre and Ian Madigan was Sexton's replacement :scratch:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

scrum5 wrote:
Thought O'Malley was a centre and Ian Madigan was Sexton's replacement :scratch:
:oops: :oops: that's twice on one thread :lol: thanks for the correction scrum
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:Would it be appropriate to start a "BIG FIGHT ... BIG FIGHT" thread here now?
Nah Jordy is away to bed so wait till tomorrow
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

ruckover wrote:When I said world class, I'll admit I severely overexaggerated :oops:

He'll at least be our starting 10 one day, and I wouldn't put it past him to play for Ireland either, even the Lions (or am I overexaggerating again?)

We need to learn from this example as it's the only way he'll improve. At least play him in the Ravens so he's getting some game time.
O'Malley plays 13. Has never played 10.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.