What sort of Ulsterman Applauds injury to an Ulster player?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

MightyMuldoon
Novice

Re: What sort of Ulsterman Applauds injury to an Ulster play

Post by MightyMuldoon »

For the benefit of doubt, I self censored the word as I would in real life, I didnt even realise there was a filter here.
In hindsight, it wasnt the smartest of moves and I apologise for any offence caused. I still dont consider it racist but do accept it may be deemed offensive. Apologies.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Rooster that's perhaps the funniest thing I've read on this board ... LOL!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:You may evade the issue, you may twist my meaning, you may read into my words things that aren't there, but its racist.
Baggy - would you like to point out how it is racist? I can see that it may be offensive to those with disabilities, but I see no reference to his race.
Not familiar with the word coon BR?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

MightyMuldoon wrote:For the benefit of doubt, I self censored the word as I would in real life, I didnt even realise there was a filter here.
In hindsight, it wasnt the smartest of moves and I apologise for any offence caused. I still dont consider it racist but do accept it may be deemed offensive. Apologies.
Wouldn't loose any sleep over it, and hey, good speech on Friday night :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

MightyMuldoon wrote:For the benefit of doubt, I self censored the word as I would in real life, I didnt even realise there was a filter here.

Fair fecks to you ... :salut:
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

There's 44 guest on here reading this ballix!!!!! ... that says something about the quality of prose here ... not sure what it says but it says something.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: 3) What sort of a man applauds an injury to an Ulster player?
I don't think he did Baggy.

He left a double space between the Cave and Spence comments. I read it and saw no problem, while you read it and saw a big problem, which the guy has now clarified.
Snipe could it be that you like others have missed the fact that only the Spence comment is Al's as clarified on page 2. In any event I have already grudgingly accepted his intentions were as he has now stated.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

So can we all draw a line under this now ... and get back to thon poor wee ginger bomb!

All we need is a viola in the background and an emotional voiceover and I'm this close to giving 2 pounds a month to have someone look after it!
MightyMuldoon
Novice

Post by MightyMuldoon »

Cornerfleg wrote:There's 44 guest on here reading this ballix!!!!! ... that says something about the quality of prose here ... not sure what it says but it says something.

....that there's a gap in the racist market perhaps?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

MightyMuldoon wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:There's 44 guest on here reading this ballix!!!!! ... that says something about the quality of prose here ... not sure what it says but it says something.

....that there's a gap in the racist market perhaps?
We can only hope so & its a gap that doesn't need filling.
ulsterman_baggy
Novice

Post by ulsterman_baggy »

BaggyTrousers behave yourself, your going to give the rest of us Baggies a bad name

you saw 1+1 and got 3 out of that of Big-al's post
If it looks like it and feels like it you've got your hand in the toilet again
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

Cornerfleg wrote:So can we all draw a line under this now ... and get back to thon poor wee ginger bomb!

All we need is a viola in the background and an emotional voiceover and I'm this close to giving 2 pounds a month to have someone look after it!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and....Fair play to MightyMuldoon for his/her apology :salut:
ulster4life
Novice

Post by ulster4life »

BR wrote:It's been a long weekend, so maybe I've missed something, but I don't read this as applauding an injury, I read it as applauding the idea of another Ulster player promoted to the Ireland team.

When a player goes off injured, we applaud him for his efforts, do we then not cheer on his replacement?

Picking holes in peoples posts is a strange hobby, but when it gets to reading stuff that it isn't there - and on a completely seperate board in the first place, have things gone too far?
as much as i hate to say it i agree with BR

i dont see it as applauding that one of our players have gotten injured at all ;S maybe im wrong but i dont see a massive problem with what he has done!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:You may evade the issue, you may twist my meaning, you may read into my words things that aren't there, but its racist.
Baggy - would you like to point out how it is racist? I can see that it may be offensive to those with disabilities, but I see no reference to his race.
Not familiar with the word coon BR?
As you will see from my later post - it was not what I read it as in the first place (maybe to do with me learning phonics - but when I read it the stress was on the 'T', and the double O was a replacement for a U). You will also see from my later post that I am asking Utah1 to give his opinion as to whether SW would find the term racist, as in my experience, in the US it is simply short for racoon and has no racist implications.

Spidegate revisited.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
The Fonz
Novice

Post by The Fonz »

:flower: peace and harmony again gents ? or have I to read all this and probably finish up banning half the message board !
I'll put it down to a few misunderstandings and an over indulgence of alcohol over the weekend plus the fantastic news that Ulster have got a quarter final place in this years ERC Heinekin Cup.
Thread is being moved to the backroom also as it does seem to have wandered slightly around on the topics, not many of which have anything to do with rugby never mind Ulster rugby.
Hope you have all sorted your differences and I can remain and bask in the sunshine for the rest of the day 8)
Keep Cool 8)