What the bookies say

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

What the bookies say

Post by big mervyn »

Leinster 9/4
Munster 4/1
Toulouse 5/1
Saracens 13/2
Clermont 7/1
Ulster 20/1
Cardiff 40/1
Edinburgh 50/1

I take some comfort from that. They obviously don't think much of Embra's home advantage :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What the bookies say

Post by BaggyTrousers »

And they think we need to beat the 3 favourites to win so all things considered reasonable odds, better get the house on it before we beat the Turnipstanis & Embra slaughter 2 toilets. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Have Ulster at 80/1 6 weeks ago :wink:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

We are 5/2 to beat munster after which is a `home` draw in aviva which will not be against leinster so even a 20/1 ew bet at one third odds 2nd place looks good. I happened to get mine at 100/1 ew at the start of the season but thats the rub :thumright:
Gamblin is a ugs game anyhoo
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Ulster odds now hardening can find 20/1 ppower otherwise 12/1 boylesports :shock: 14/1 16/1 others
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I hope Gilroy isnt tempted to put any bets on!
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Re: Re: What the bookies say

Post by OneMore »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote: However, rather than take Ulster at 20/1 would it not be better to take a three match accumulator that they play and beat Munster, Toulouse and Leinster? Or simply bet an accumulator on the results that would produce that scenario? :?

I think in reality we are better than 20/1.
Bookies generally have these things well worked out. Multiple variations of the same outcome have the same odds. I would agree that you would probably get marginally better odds on your proposed 3 match accumulator but match bets tend to be on the result after 80 minutes, which would increase your risk by leaving you open to the draw. 'Ulster to win' would tend to have longer odds than 'Ulster to qualify. A bigger things in the round ball game of course, but shouldn't be discarded.

Anyone for penalty kicks?
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Is it appropriate to be encouraging gambling on this board... :duck:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Gambling isnt being encouraged . Its merely the odds and chances of success that are being touted. Now go forth and put a bet on EW at 20/1 you know it makes sense :wink:
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by pip14 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Have Ulster at 80/1 6 weeks ago
You need a new bookies pip.

SkyBet 4 weeks ago . . . 100/1
Mary had a little lamb . . .
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

If the odds are in your favour, it's not a gamble, it's an investment.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Re: What the bookies say

Post by BaggyTrousers »

OneMore wrote:
LastKnightoftheproms wrote: However, rather than take Ulster at 20/1 would it not be better to take a three match accumulator that they play and beat Munster, Toulouse and Leinster? Or simply bet an accumulator on the results that would produce that scenario? :?

Bookies generally have these things well worked out. Multiple variations of the same outcome have the same odds. I would agree that you would probably get marginally better odds on your proposed 3 match accumulator but match bets tend to be on the result after 80 minutes, which would increase your risk by leaving you open to the draw. 'Ulster to win' would tend to have longer odds than 'Ulster to qualify. A bigger things in the round ball game of course, but shouldn't be discarded.

Anyone for penalty kicks?
Do a Yankee LastNight :shock: No me neither :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BigHairyMonster
Initiate

Post by BigHairyMonster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:And they think we need to beat the 3 favourites to win so all things considered reasonable odds, better get the house on it before we beat the Turnipstanis & Embra slaughter 2 toilets. :shock:
As I said to Cables, I don't bet. However, rather than take Ulster at 20/1 would it not be better to take a three match accumulator that they play and beat Munster, Toulouse and Leinster? Or simply bet an accumulator on the results that would produce that scenario? :?

Would they give you that as those results are not yet known??
BHM
Geal'us Dearg a suas - Up the White and Red